epic & legendary survivor weekend FARCE!!!!

2»

Comments

• eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    ceoofogn said:

I'm not sure there is such a thing as luck in this game. I ran a test. Here is what I did to test out the luck of finding gear in the crates after a deadly mission.

This is for cheat prevention. Otherwise you could do what you just did to find out where the "good stuff" is, and choose that when you are connected again.
    ceoofognlmfgunnut
  • trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86

I'm not sure there is such a thing as luck in this game. I ran a test. Here is what I did to test out the luck of finding gear in the crates after a deadly mission.

I waited a moment at the crate selection screen to allow the game to sync with the server. Then I turned off my wifi and quickly chose the top three chests from left to right. The first was 1400 Supplies, the second was 3300 XP, the third was 1700 XP. The second chest was a silver chest. I then allowed the game to show the reload dialog and started the reload process. I then turned on the wifi again and was taken back the the crate selection screen. I repeated the steps above selecting the second row of chests this time and got the exact same results. Then I did this again selecting the bottom row of chests. Lo and behold I got the same exact results again, Could it be that the three rows of chests are the same? Let's see. I ran the same test again going down the middle column of chests. The exact same results! The first was 1400 Supplies, the second was 3300 XP, the third was 1700 XP. The second chest was a silver chest. The rewards you receive are predetermined. There is no luck involved whatsoever. It's a shame.

BTW I also got zero legendary / epic survivors this weekend.

EDIT: I wasn't trying to cheat when I discovered this. I had previously clicked the first two chests and then lost my internet connection. When I reconnected, and clicked the same two chests, I noticed they were the same as before. So if anyone thinks they can cheat the chests to ensure getting the gold / silver chests, they are sadly mistaken.

I have done this exact same method with the exact same results. I definitely believe the crates are pre determined.
  • trixtatrixta Member Posts: 86
    quote fail ^
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 532
    I did 5x15 radios and got all crappy rare then did a single radio and got a legendary Hunter , I wish now I had done all single radios , probably had the same odds and would have farmed loads of XP
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    The single radios definitely do not have the same odds.
  • @ceoofogn. They have already said that as soon as you start your mission is when your rewards are determined, you could choose as many different varieties of crates but your still getting whatever was assigned to you when you pushed start.
    ggbats
  • @trixta if you're on Android try this, for the ability to quote
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    I've been playing since November. With however many survivor weekends we have done since then, and however many 15 calls I've done since then, I still have no legendary.
    I agree they should not be handed out like candy - defeats the purpose of "legendary". But I would think by now I would at least have one.

[Deleted User]
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    eetu said:

The single radios definitely do not have the same odds.

No, but I still have the theory that if 15 radio call has to have odds 15 times better than the 1 radio call for it to be better.
    I.e.
    if the 15 Radio call has a 15% chance to get Leg, then 1 radio call would have to have 1% chance for it to be the same odds. Any better and you go with 1radio, any worse and you go with 15radio.

We know that in the event that 15 radios gave about 10%, so that would be a 0.66% chance required for 1 radio call.

The only thing we don't know is what the odds on a 1 radio call are during the event.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited March 2016
    @blynknz I won't go into the math, but this is basic probability. Number of rolls does not increase the probability of something happening, since the chance is independent for each roll. So doing 15 rolls at 1% is still 1% chance for each roll, while doing 1 roll at 10% is still 10% on a single roll. Now, these are just figures I pulled out of thin air, and not what the actual in game probabilities are(which I don't actually know since NG hasn't told us) but the general gist is that you are simply incorrect.
  • DragoniusDragonius Member Posts: 93
    It's not rigged or a farce. You just had bad luck. I got 1 legendary hunter max lvl 19, 3 legendary shooters all max lvl 18, 1 epic scout max lvl 19, 2 epic hunters, one max lvl 18, other max level 19, epic bruiser lvl 19 max and some other guys I can't remember right now. I spent 270 phones on 15 sets and got all these. My saldo, 4 legendaries, and 4 epics i can remember. I got rest epics and rares, but I retired them immediately, bevause they were no value to me.
    edited March 2016
    zoson said:

@blynknz I won't go into the math, but this is basic probability. Number of rolls does not increase the probability of something happening, since the chance is independent for each roll. So doing 15 rolls at 1% is still 1% chance for each roll, while doing 1 roll at 10% is still 10% on a single roll. Now, these are just figures I pulled out of thin air, and not what the actual in game probabilities are(which I don't actually know since NG hasn't told us) but the general gist is that you are simply incorrect.

Yes that is true, but with 300 radio calls, you get 300 chances at 1radio, and 20 chances at 15radio.
    So if 1radio = 1% and 15 = 15%
    Based on probability you would get
    1radio = 3 leg
    15radio = 3 leg.

But if 15radio = 10 then probability you would only get 2 leg.

Interestingly enough, running some examples in excel (running it 500 times). If you have 300 radios
    You would get
    1radio call @ 1% = 3 legs (edit: Corrected the number. Found the error)
    15radio call @ 15% = 3 legs
    15radio call @ 10% = 2 legs

So the big question still what is the % for 1radio calls.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    The normal percentages for legendary, non-event, for 1 call is less than 1% and about 7.5% for a 15 call.

The difference for 15 calls is this: you have a 50% chance of epic or legendary. Epic are very usable. Even rare can be good for newer players.

15 calls are definitely preferable in terms of game play. If you're just wanting legendary, maybe you'd prove correct with 1 call, but in terms of game play and usable survivors, 15 calls is the way to go.
    [Deleted User]SlickRick
    The same still applies to epics. If the % is exactly 15times more, then you have the same odds.
    If epics were about 40%, then you would only need it to be 2.6% in the increased chances to get the same number of epic characters (but you would get a lot more XP from scrapping )
    Not really. On 15 calls you can get rare, epic or legendary. On 1 call you can get five different categories. I'll take a 50% chance at the top two.
    edited March 2016
    No, on average to pull the same number of Epic/Legendary survivors, it would take 3.33% (2.66% for epic, 0.66% for Leg).
    Because you call 15 times more. you would will still get a shit load of C/UC and probably less rares, but the same number of E/L.
    Basically, the next increased event, I plan on doing 1radio calls and work out the percentage for that.
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    ceoofogn said:

Felicia said:

I pulled 2 legend warriors, legend shooter and a legend scout. Last increased event I didn't get any so luck of the draw I guess I had about 250 radios and did 15's. A few good epics too.

I waited a moment at the crate selection screen to allow the game to sync with the server. Then I turned off my wifi and quickly chose the top three chests from left to right. The first was 1400 Supplies, the second was 3300 XP, the third was 1700 XP. The second chest was a silver chest. I then allowed the game to show the reload dialog and started the reload process. I then turned on the wifi again and was taken back the the crate selection screen. I repeated the steps above selecting the second row of chests this time and got the exact same results. Then I did this again selecting the bottom row of chests. Lo and behold I got the same exact results again, Could it be that the three rows of chests are the same? Let's see. I ran the same test again going down the middle column of chests. The exact same results! The first was 1400 Supplies, the second was 3300 XP, the third was 1700 XP. The second chest was a silver chest. The rewards you receive are predetermined. There is no luck involved whatsoever. It's a shame.

BTW I also got zero legendary / epic survivors this weekend.

EDIT: I wasn't trying to cheat when I discovered this. I had previously clicked the first two chests and then lost my internet connection. When I reconnected, and clicked the same two chests, I noticed they were the same as before. So if anyone thinks they can cheat the chests to ensure getting the gold / silver chests, they are sadly mistaken.

I have also accidentally noticed this after being dc'ed during the drawing of my awards. Since then, I don't bother agonizing over which boxes to pick. It just doesn't matter. You will get whatever they predetermined, according to pick #1, pick #2, pick #3, etc. It has nothing to do with the boxes themselves. The awards are not really "in" them.
    @blynknz

I appreciate the effort. But I think you're going to find you wasted a lot of phones.
    jester said:

@blynknz

I appreciate the effort. But I think you're going to find you wasted a lot of phones.

@jester, maybe. Depending on what the %s are :grin:
    ggbats
  • LouisXlvLouisXlv Member Posts: 17
    I've never gotten a legendary and I've been playing since the game first came out. I used up all my radios this weekend and only got rares and one epic.
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    I have never had luck with the events. This past weekend for example I did 5, 15 radio calls and got 5 rares all scrapped. Today I did 2, 15 calls and got 2 epic!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Mystique said:

I have never had luck with the events. This past weekend for example I did 5, 15 radio calls and got 5 rares all scrapped. Today I did 2, 15 calls and got 2 epic!

LouisXlv said:

I've never gotten a legendary and I've been playing since the game first came out. I used up all my radios this weekend and only got rares and one epic.

I have had no luck whatsoever on the radio pulls event whatsoever. On the other hand, I have legendaries. A ton of shooters. One hunter. One scout (bleech). And the max is lame after upgrading the tent. And it is "random". It is all B.S. like Vegas. The difference between here and Vegas is that Vegas is smart enough not to have the issues or can make the games better where people will not want to walk off and stay. I am actually one of those who kicked in dollars more for supporting programmers and just for a thanks. I have stopped. Because not the game play, but for being in this for awhile, is not worth $2.99 or $4.99. My "okay, had fun kick some in amount." It is now I just keep going.
    [Deleted User]
  • lioncheeterlioncheeter Member Posts: 72
    So,of course, 3 days after the SPECTACULAR EPIC-LEGENDARY WEEKEND EVENT!! ended,i finally get my first EVER legendary, of course it was the class i use the least,a scout,but no complaints,I'm gonna ride his single - attack arse as far as possible......I just don't get how when i go attack outposts there are people sporting 3 legendary survivors,and not scouts,I'm talking assault class,Hunter class and warrior class.

MUST BE NICE MADRE FORNICATORS!!!
    I think the thing is you tried 60 radios on the weekend, others tried 460.
    A lot of players play alot save up all their radios, or purchase bundles that include radios
  • MikewarriorMikewarrior Member Posts: 28
    Used 315 radios during event,21 at 15 a pop, one legend scout bleh, 5 epics 1 hunter 2 shooters 1 aasault 1 warrior, 15 rares bleh