When to dump Surviors ?

I have several Survivors whom are maxed out and can't be trained any higher do you keep them or dump them for XP's ? Thanks in advance for all or any help .....

Comments

• SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 577
    Dump them when a better one comes along to help you complete missions, or for one that has more room for growth for the upcoming missions that will require higher level survivors.
    labelladonna721
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,953
    I'm not sure how the new Outpost will work, but if you have the slots open, you may want to hold on to them for now. I dumped a bunch when I simply stopped using them and I recruited better ones to replace them.
    glenlivesraton
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    I generally keep them till something better comes along. Let's see, which one gets the can... I can't say that's the best way, but making room before you have a decent replacement just doesn't sound beneficial.
  • ProfessorProfessor Member Posts: 4
    @glenlives make sure to swap out high XP weapons for lower XP weapons. I always keep a few 1-5 weapons so I can give it to a survivor I am retiring.
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    @Professor it was my understanding from previous posts that weapons don't disappear with the survivor you retire. Not noticed myself, but heard it on the forum before now. Can someone else confirm?
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
    Trae
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    edited February 2016
    @FizzyPinot @Professor you keep all the gear so if you do a radio call and you have room, but dont want them, accept them, then retire them, then scrap their weapons to max xp received
    greneed
    @FuzzyPinot & @Professor Yes, you keep all the gear so don't worry about saving garbage gear for them. Scrap it.
    edited February 2016
    I agree, but dumping a character that's maxed out with high weapons, to get a higher level character, but is starting out at a lower level has a few problems.

You have an epic warrior level 13 maxed out. You get lucky and get a level 7 of 17 legendary warrior, and decide to can your lvl 13 epic warrior. Now you have to upgrade your new warrior, but realize you don't have any low level weapons except what he came with. Not a big deal, you constantly get weapons, hopefully you get them as you upgrade your new character.

Look for good attributes before you upgrade new weapons!!!
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    edited March 2016
    I constantly struggle with this issue. Currently I'm at training level 13 with radio tower level 6.'But I've got 15 survivor slots, and I'm training like crazy all the time. I did recently lose a epic assault when I left him in the radio tent and went on a rescue mission and then realized what id done and was so crushed! I sometimes use the low levels survivors and even level 9s on early challenges for 3 level zombies because they have all their traits unlocked and do a fine job on early challenges. Also, I never get radios, maybe it's because I dint retire survivors enough? When ever I buy a slot or use the radio I start getting radios, hmm....
    So who should I keep and who should I retire? Do you guys keep lower level survivors?

14 of 16 legendary warrior (3 traits)
    14 of 14 rare hunter (3 traits)
    13 of 18 legendary shooter (1 trait)
    13 of 16 legendary bruiser (2 traits)
    13 of 15 epic shooter (2 traits)
    13 of 15 uncommon assault (1 trait) unlock class
    12 of 14 epic warrior (2 traits)
    11 of 14 rare assault (1 trait)
    11 of 13 rare shooter (2 traits)
    11 of 12 uncommon hunter (1 trait)
    11 of 11 epic scout (3 traits)
    9 of 15 rare bruiser (0 traits)
    9 of 9 rare hunter (3 traits)
    8 of 14 rare hunter (0 traits)
    7 of 15 epic warrior (0 traits)
    @Zeena I would dump one of the two uncommon since I think there is no long term growth for them. I only keep less than rare if they are at the top level for my survivors of that class. Maybe the next time you should use your gold on your survivor slots. I have 23 now with the 3 they gave us for outposts (maybe too many lol). I use almost all my gold for survivor slots. I also wait to use the radio until they give a survivor weekend event so that I can get at least a few new epics for my squad. Until then, I hoard my phones.
    ZeenasKUlLfukkER
    Also, I do keep lower level ones if they have attributes and max levels to help me in the long term. I then put them to use in the low level challenge missions for a change of pace, but not if would lose stars and pick up an injury.
    Zeena
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    Thank you Sargent salami! See I wouldn't of thought to get rid of uncommon first but your right it makes sense you really can't do much with them long term and yes good advice of getting more slots so I don't have to worry about not having them available due to hospital healing or training.
    Thank you for your input!
    @Zeena You are most welcome. Glad to be of help : )
  • snolpesnolpe Member Posts: 93
    Keep them until they fix the xp you get from scrapping. I'm thinking they will fix this seeing that it is one of the biggest complaints
    @Zeena depending what you can train your survivors to at the moment, I would keep high level Legendary, and Epic as long as possible. The maxed out survivors become useless later on. I have a 15/16 Epic Hunter which was good once, but I'm looking to get a replacement Legendary/Epic Hunter with higher max. Until one comes along, he stays. I kept a rare warrior to replace the common survivors we got with outpost, but he'll be gone as soon as a nice Epic comes along.
  • trishicatrishica Member Posts: 7
    I like to use the survivors that I do not want to keep on deadly missions. Get some names in the memorial. Why not?
    edited March 2016
    @trishica might be a good thing to do with those dead end yobs we got for outpost
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    trishica said:

I like to use the survivors that I do not want to keep on deadly missions. Get some names in the memorial. Why not?

I name them all Otis. They are not too pleased when they get tagged with that name and sent out on a deadly ;)
    Governator
    @Perdtin Memorial Wall:
    Otis
    Otis
    Otis
    Otis

:'(
    Perdtin
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    trishica said:

Because if you retire them, you get XP. If they die on a deadly mission, you do not.

Plus, I've found that the deadly missions aren't worth it. Last one I went on, I didn't get any gold tickets so I had no opportunity to open a box with one in it. Seriously, what is the point?

• JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    @Dale, the more deadly missions you do, better the chances of better equipment compared to exploration missions. But no, you dont get something awesome or rewarding every time, but chances of getting them are better.

Just make sure you can handle them. I play Ep. 13 deadly missions all the time, I find them incredibly easy. I've never lost a player in a deadly mission, my memorial is completely empty.
    I have 401/500 deadly missions done, 99 more deadly missions to go then I'll get 500 gold as a reward, yay! So that's also another incentive to play deadly missions!
    Jazz said:

@Dale, the more deadly missions you do, better the chances of better equipment compared to exploration missions. But no, you dont get something awesome or rewarding every time, but chances of getting them are better.

Just make sure you can handle them. I play Ep. 13 deadly missions all the time, I find them incredibly easy. I've never lost a player in a deadly mission, my memorial is completely empty.

I have 401/500 deadly missions done, 99 more deadly missions to go then I'll get 500 gold as a reward, yay! So that's also another incentive to play deadly missions!

When we had the free gas weekend, I burned through about 300 deadly missions at 1-2 levels below my survivors. I may not have got as much XP out of it, but the gold was worth it. B)
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    The episode 12 deadly exploratory missions on hard are really easy as well. I have used two Warriors and a Hunter and get through untouched in most cases. I agree the reward is sometimes not worth the risk but I have given up worrying that a herd of tanks are lurking around the next corner on level 12 deadly anyway. Farm away!