The 2 Minute Disconnect

13»

Comments

• theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    edited March 2016
    @eetu I did say that in another thread. Pleased it got your attention.

I did not complain to AMC about the coders. I complained about the managenent rushing content and not allowing time for adequate beta testing. I complained about the company not investing in enough servers and upgrades to handle the traffic. I gave the coders top knotch credits for creating an awesome game that management is screwing up.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    edited March 2016

I am female. (Whovians know the TARDIS is female; non-Whovians wouldn't know this, so I rarely get offended by being referred to with the masculine pronoun as is the general rule when gender is not known.)
    I got a bootleg copy of Windows 98 OS from a friend and installed it. I taught myself HTML coding for the fun of it. Never got heavily into coding, but I do know hardware and how the internet works.

Was confused with it all, because I sort of figured it out awhile back. Was not sure why I got yelled at (if I was.) And I am into coding, compiling C code, playing with Cocoa, Swifting out and all the rest. Both side are clueless because no one making calls on either side has any idea what the other one is doing. Ever. With very, very rare exceptions. And HTML is not coding and if you ever say that to a coder, you will be laughed at. Just as much as saying you know PERL or other things that are considered scripting. (I always thought people saying that was just pompous idiots, but if you run into people who do this with an attitude you will be slammed. Much like some of the conflict of laws and stuff.)

EDIT: BTW Not me and you having an issue at all was just commenting on the general stuff. Outhouse rat all of this ;)
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    Nah, I wasn't yelling. YELLING LOOKS LIKE THIS. Lol

Seriously, back when I learned HTML, it was considered coding because the web was brand new. Ebay nor Facebook existed. Go Daddy didn't exist, and there was no such thing as a drag and drop web builders. Then, java came along, and the first web based games were born. Slingo on AOL was the first java based game I played. When CSS became a thing, the line between scripting and coding was drawn. My experience predates that line, so I still get to call it coding.

I have a friend that codes games. I can usually look at the code and pick out where tags are missing or incorrect. I can usually find errors in logic. However, I have to have it printed out. My brain goes all fuzzy when trying to decipher it on a screen. Besides that, screens aren't the best medium for doodling and marginal notations. This is why I stopped coding and focused on the hardware.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783

Nah, I wasn't yelling. YELLING LOOKS LIKE THIS. Lol

Seriously, back when I learned HTML, it was considered coding because the web was brand new. Ebay nor Facebook existed. Go Daddy didn't exist, and there was no such thing as a drag and drop web builders. Then, java came along, and the first web based games were born. Slingo on AOL was the first java based game I played. When CSS became a thing, the line between scripting and coding was drawn. My experience predates that line, so I still get to call it coding.

I have a friend that codes games. I can usually look at the code and pick out where tags are missing or incorrect. I can usually find errors in logic. However, I have to have it printed out. My brain goes all fuzzy when trying to decipher it on a screen. Besides that, screens aren't the best medium for doodling and marginal notations. This is why I stopped coding and focused on the hardware.

Sigh. Let's just do our curse things with cool words. It is cool.
  • Lol. Html was never ever coding. But nvm
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    The idle timeout has now been set to 6 minutes
    rgerkmanAlibabalmfgunnutmasmith93