Missing Video Option

smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
Not sure if it's a bug, issue or neither.
In the last few hours, I don't get the option of 'play video' after choosing my three crates, just the 25 gold option.
I can't be certain how consistent this is or how long it has been going on as my video doesn't work 99% of the time so I usually press continue. But about a couple of hours ago, I managed to miss all six of the silver/gold boxes offered (depressing, eh?) and decided to go through my routine:
1. Press video 10-15 times,
2. Get the 'sorry...something went wrong' message 10-15 times,
3. Curse fluently and pretend to ponder whether the shiny gold and silver boxes are worth it, and finally,
4. Succumb to curiosity and press the 25 gold for my hopefully wonderful chest of gold (which I still usually miss).

That's when I noticed: no video option. I played another few missions, and same thing.
As I said, it doesn't really affect gameplay because I've never really been able to use video a lot (and theater I think worked once since I started), but, well... I kind of miss my routine! ;)
It occurred to me it may be intentional because of the other great offers this weekend, and if that is the case, no worries. I just wondered.

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,401
    @smolka, there's a limited number of free videos, once those are attempted it is no longer available until it is replenished later.
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    @zbot Ahhh... so no need to be concerned. I had heard about limited videos, but I thought that was the reason I get the 'something went wrong' message. I've never had the video button simply not be there.
    Apologies if this was a repeat and I guess I just have to be patient and wait to resume my routine. :D
    Thanks for the quick response.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,401
    @smokva, no need to apologize, if you have questions, please feel free to ask. The free video and cinema replenish about 3-4 times daily, with about 4 each. It's a guesstimate based on experience until the Devs confirm.

Welcome to the Forum.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,398
    The extra video after first 3 crates is showing on my screen but when I press it the screen goes black and it brings me right back to the crate screen. I tried it about 20 times and same thing , never seen this before as video usually either works or dissappear after something went wrong message. It just started this morning

@zbot
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    I think they replenish every 8 hours and you get something like 4 total per 8 hour shift.

Also reports that watching theater videos when having issues not getting create videos clears the jam.

I could have all this backwards but...
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
    I still don't have any video options. Strange that. Never happened before.
    Maybe the AI got smart and said, "Well, since I don't work anyway, why bother teasing you by appearing?" Heh heh. :D
    Edit : I logged out of game and cleared cache on app , logged back in and the video option was there and worked fine, worked next 3 times too
    @Japes87 : Followed in your footprints, and the button is back! The video doesn't work, but since it never really did, that isn't the issue. :) At least I can start the ritual again.
    Thanks for the good tip. I wouldn't have thought of it as I cleared out my cache a couple of days ago and would not have thought it could be the problem.
    Japes87
    @smokva no worries! Hopefully when all this rollback stuff is behind us , you can put in another support ticket and get the videos working , they really are a valuable tool to get those gold crates you miss the first 3 guesses