SUPPORT IS NON-EXISTENT - No Response To My Inquiries Concerning Missing Progress From Account

I love playing the game, No Man's Land. Like a lot of people reading this discussion, I have spent a lot of time & spent a few dollars enjoying this game since its debut... until lately! Like some other people who have experienced the same problem, I awoke one morning to discover that approx 2800 stars went missing (support is calling it a "rollback") from my Outpost data. Everyday I was fighting for position in the Outpost standings, moving around in between the overall 20's - 30's position with the objective of making it in the top 10. I was spending money to buy "Gold" so I can use the gold to instantly heal my attackers so I can get playing in Outposts. Needless to say, I was a little upset to see my data missing from my Outpost.

I made contact & wrote two (2) messages to support through the game's app (they call it "writing a ticket") on Mar. 21, wrote a message to support and wrote in a forum discussion through the Next Games website on Mar.23, wrote again to support through the app on Mar.24. After seven (7) days, this is how many times support have replied back... 0. No customer service, care or communication what so ever.

Since the Outpost was created, I must have spent close to $40 purchasing gold from the game (I'm sure there is some of you who have spent more, my point is anyone who spent any type of money on a game deserves to at least have an after thought from its support). I also realize that there are many people experiencing many issues with the game and that support are back logged trying to correct the issues... but I'm also sure that the developers are making enough financially where they can have the proper support in place so they can properly reply back to people who have made contact/complains like myself.

During the seven (7) days have passed.. I have barely played in the Outpost, have lost interest in the standings and have not spent a cent purchasing anything from the game. I'm starting to lose interest in the game and have thought about deleting my account. To be honest, with all of the games that I've played and the few that I had to make contact with its support... the experience with this game and its support has to be the most disappointing.
dirtyhippo
Diane[Deleted User]1KrazyKanuck

Comments

• DirtyHippoDirtyHippo Member Posts: 9
    I think we're all aware of the skeleton crew during Easter... my issues started before the holidays and not even receiving one reply from support is a lack in care.
    dirtyhippo
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Don't leave multiple messages it takes longer for some reason to get responses
    That's what their scripted auto message says... but after waiting 3 - 4 days from my original message with no support, do I sent another message hoping to receive a response or do I keep on playing the waiting game? Pretty much a coin toss...
    dirtyhippo
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I put in a ticket two weeks ago tomorrow.. I have not received a response but am confident I will be compensated. There are numerous tickets at any given time & only so many support team members to comb through them all. They will get back to you! I know it sucks! Trust me I get it! We just have to be patient & wait it out & keep killing the Walkers to occupy our time!! :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    [Deleted User]
    edited March 2016
    & they have responded to us.. Through the Mods.. in the stickies up top & in other threads :smile:

Rhonda
  • DrBOBDrBOB Member Posts: 223
    edited March 2016
    Same here I hear a few people have been compensated I however am still waiting like you
    DTP Elder
    Send me a PM if interested
    That's the thing... some people have been contacted by support (by support or by mods?), some have not. Some people have been compensated (with what?), some have not.

When I have an account and play a game, I'm a gamer. When I spent money buying features/add-ons on the game, I'm a consumer. Walking Dead No Man's Land is a multi-million dollar business... they should have an appropriate support system to deal with these issues, at the very least to response back in a timely fashion! (side note: them being support should respond back... not getting the moderators to do their job!) Hearing people waiting for two (2) weeks with still no response is complete & utterly ridiculous! I love the game and I still have an account... but the support is nothing short of embarrassing and us consumers deserve the right to verbally make it known!
    dirtyhippo
    DERRICK[Deleted User]
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    By the way...there is a difference between the rollback issue and what happened to the Outpost.

I experienced multiple rollbacks. Started the game and lost the whole progress of one to three days.

On the other hand the loss of influence and TG was the result of the first 'rollback fix' when older raids were counted multiple times. That hit me too.

So be happy that there are no major bugs atm...we'll see what will happen on Wednesday. And wait for your compensation...just like everyone else.
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    rgerkman
    edited March 2016
    @ Capleton - your condescending comment tells me one thing... that you're missing the point. We have received NO RESONSE from support. Do you really think that everyone who's effected by this, will be compensated on Wednesday? They can't even reply back to a simple message after 1 - 2 weeks! If support does compensate me (I have my doubts), I would be thankful but they still fail in the communication department and I will be hesitate on purchasing anything from them again. We as a consumer have a right to be vocal concerning any issues or wrong doings that we've experienced. Comment removed by zbot.

Mod edit: zbot 3/28/16 3:12 pm

If you missed the reference, atm means "at the moment" not "automated teller machine"

Reference to the rules http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/6/forum-rules-guidelines#latest

dirtyhippo
    DrBOBzoson
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    @DirtyHippo Obviously you totally misunderstood my post. Seems as if it's not the right place for sarcasm and irony.

At least stop to speak as 'we'...had more issues and never voted for you as my spokesman.
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    rgerkman[Deleted User]
  • MorganMorgan Member Posts: 191
    If you haven't gotten a response about an account "roll back", this is because the Support desk knows about the issue and they are not ignoring you. From what i hear, they are compensating EVERYONE who had their game progress set back. They are doing this by Friday.
    I suggest waiting patiently.
    Also just FYI, if you did get a response, it would've been a "copy-paste" message that doesn't really help you much.
    If, after Friday, you didn't get a message or compensation, I suggest contacting them again as well as messaging one of the devs.

IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: [email protected]

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
    rgerkman
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited March 2016
    Don't forget , if they fail to compensate those of us with real money missing from gold (along with hours and hours of playtime , ketchup, xp etc) we can always go the reimbursement route through Google play or iTunes. They are aware of the rollbacks and some players have already been compensated that way. I'm giVing them until wed to make things right. If they fail to, I will be giving them a new game rating as well.
    DirtyHippoAndrius
    @ Capleton - It was kind of sarcasm with a hint of irony when I said you can stick my ATM card up your... I wouldn't actually give ya my card to play Dirty Putty with.

@ Japes - Interesting idea on getting reimbursed by Google Play &/or iTunes. If I'm not contacted or compensated by Next Games... I might have to consider taking that route.
    dirtyhippo
    AndriusJapes87
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    edited March 2016
    Comment removed by zbot

Mod edit: zbot 3/28/16 3:19 pm

Reference to the rules http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/6/forum-rules-guidelines#latest
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,503
    To all, support is the only way to receive assistance on this. For the roll back issue, there was a official response. As stated please give some time (end of thisweek) if you don't hear back, let us know.
    Oh come on!!! That was freaking funny as hell...I should have ss it!!! Lmao

Wait...zbot...do you have it still? Send it to me if you do...promise I won't post it again...just wanna send it to my peeps so they can have a laugh ;)

Xoxo
    And yes I push the limits as per said rules sometimes, but i have a bunch of lol thingys and to me that's almost as good as beating some of my guildmateswithstarsnotnaminganymodnamesinparticularbut.... :p

Lmao

Xoxo
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    I get that you're frustrated and upset, and certainly not without reason.
    I sent 4 issues through the ingame help button.
    Issue 1 got an automated response only.
    Issue 2 & 3, no automated response, but a 'live' person responded a full month later. (S/he was very nice, but still... a month is a long time.)
    Issue 4, sent a week or so ago, didn't get any response yet - automated or otherwise.
    So I get it. Frustrating. I haven't even sent tickets for my last few issues - just went to the forums. There are a lot of people that try to be helpful here, not just the mods.
    Having said that, they (in-game support) have been dealing with a lot of large scale bugs that have affected a lot of people - it is an internationally released game after all.
    And most of those people have tickets.
    And when we submit our tickets, we not only expect a response, we expect a resolution, that usually requires a high-level programmer skill set, not basic customer service (at least I think so... it seems logical). So it's not as if you can just hire more people from Temps-R-Us.
    I guess what I'm saying is that you are probably in queue, and shouldn't feel you are being ignored. But there are probably hundreds if not thousands of tickets before you. Between the bugs, the compensation being organized and Easter, there seem to be valid reasons for there being a delay and you shouldn't take it personally.

Should their communication improve? Absolutely. It is certainly a weakness and hopefully it is on their list of items to be addressed.
    Once they resolve the rollback-compensation issue, they will probably start addressing the backlog. If you don't hear from them, pm a mod with this link so they can make sure it didn't fall through the cracks. In the mean time, if your game play isn't being actively affected (I think that would take priority if it is), continue to play, and don't let it ruin your mood.

P.S. (No, I am not a Mod, nor an employee of NG, nor a shareholder. :smiley: )

DirtyHipporgerkman
    edited March 2016
    x 1mil what @smokva said!!!
    Very well put!! :grimace:

Rhonda
    @ Smokva - I do agree with most of what you pointed out, I'm sure they have a "full plate" dealing with bugs, organizing the compensation plan, Easter and god knows what else! The flip side of the coin is the basics, customer service, support communication... there isn't any!

Personally, I haven't spent much time on these forums till after I started complaining about the discussion at hand. How many people like myself who don't venture onto these forums are aware of "rollbacks", the option of talking to mods to gain info and this compensation plan that is apparently in the works... I bet a higher percentage of players aren't on the forums which in turn are left in the dark due to support's lack of communication.

A good business mind understands the concept of "repeat customer"... but when they can't organize a method of communication for these customers "when the going gets tough" (that's a song by Billy Ocean, YouTube it!)... consumers like myself are going to stop throwing coin in the wishing well!
    dirtyhippo
    Diane
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    From various discussions here and there, Rollback issues and refunding money spent is the top priority.

Loss of challenge stars and outpost influence will not be changed. The data was lost. They aren't going to award stars or influence just because we say we lost it. From what I have read, most people are receiving gold as compensation for lost XP, TG, supplies, and equipment. They are not going back through and replacing lost items individually. The amount of gold is based on what was lost and how much time the rollback took from you.

Support will eventually answer you, but I don't think you will like the answer. You won't get the influence back. You may get a few gold for the inconvenience.
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    @DirtyHippo I hear you, and totally agree. Nothing worse than feeling as if you are being ignored. In my experience, many companies fail to realize that even an unwanted response is better than silence.
    I would love to get a message saying: "Geez, that's weird. I haven't a clue why that is happening. We are backlogged, so give us some time to figure it out. We won't forget you.". But then we're back to the staffing issue. If it's automated, it loses a lot in sincerity value.
    Like I said, I would hope it is on their agenda of items to address/improve in the future.
    In the mean time, don't let it get you down. You made a good case, you described your issues very well, and you've certainly made your point regarding communication (or the lack thereof). The ball's in their court - let them return the serve. And you enjoy the few hours left in this weekend promo.

P.S. Yes, cool song by Billy Ocean - I actually know it. :)

@rgerkman Thank you! :)
    DirtyHipporgerkman
  • BusBus Member Posts: 48
    I have been waiting a week now for software support to assist me. I have put $500.00 into this game and it has been a Month since the game was lost with the 7.1 update. :/
    BUS
    Diane[Deleted User]
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    The alarming thing isn't the lack of support or staff to respond , it's getting a message saying you have been compensated when no compensation at all was given. I can deal with being patient waiting on a ticket , I cannot be patient when I've been lied to or slipped through the cracks here. I know this isn't everyone , but I know I'm not alone. That's why I created that poll thread. Giving them tIL end of the week as @zbot (who I have mad respect for) suggested.
    javajnkie[Deleted User]
  • Why does everyone think there's 5 people in the office trying to build the game, fixing bugs, getting new advertising accounts, making coffee, emailing, cleaning toilets and answering phones?
    It's making serious money. If they've got 5 people on payroll then we're all screwed. I wouldn't think so. So assuming they have devs to handle the game and customer service to handle uhm, say, customers, then how come I've seen about 3 customers on the forums compensated?
    I know it's Easter, no, that was several days ago and I like many many many others worked Easter.
    People can make excuses for them, vouch etc, but I haven't heard a word from the people that have my money. I've read @Teeceezy and @zbot and etc's post but I haven't given the moderators a penny. Now the people taking all these days off, I gave them a whole bunch of money.
    So how about a little customer service.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    DirtyHippoJapes87ggbats[Deleted User]
    @bgbelden I totally agree... well said!
    dirtyhippo
    [Deleted User]ggbats
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    @bgbelden Lol, Ikr! 5 peeps running around sweating trying to build this game ( funny pic)! I agree they need to step up with customer care, its outrageous!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • @ggbats @DirtyHippo I've seen customer service representatives in action so I can tell the difference between being served and not being helped at all.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    NG is a company of 60 people total. You're also completely off base as far as employee distribution in any software company. They probably have 2 or 3 people working the support tickets at most and shouldn't need more than that typically.

Also seriously, if any of you think you're helping yourself get helped by making obnoxious posts... You're wrong again. Since the jig is up that you guys obviously have no clue whatsoever about the software industry, you should just stop. You're just embarrassing yourselves.
    LightfeetDirtyHippojester