Update procedure unfair for Android users

@TK-421

As always if you require an update immediately it is unfair for Android users. Especially the ones in guilds lose valuable playing time against the iOS players. Also there are always confused players who doesn't know that it can take many hours for the update to show up in the Google Play Store.

Why can't you wait until the update is available for both platforms before you switch to the new version?

On top of that I lost again 40 Gold for the gas that I bought just before the maintenance break, because you didn't announce a schedule for the maintenance break.

If you are not able to find a fair update procedure you should not update the game during a challenge.
shakhidInvaderAdamantium

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,872
    Yeah... Ad also bugs again i've. Already lst 6 gas!!
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Letalis
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Head over to www.getnomansland.com if your Google Play store hasn't refreshed yet.
  • MechanixMechanix Member Posts: 29
    Damn...gotta go steal the neighbors wifi again...lol
    [Deleted User]aki
  • HLWHLW Member Posts: 4
    It's still under maintenance so doesn't work on iOS yet either, so you're not missing out.
  • Mechanix said:

Damn...gotta go steal the neighbors wifi again...lol

I have to hang out at Hardees, my neighbors lock their WiFi, the freaking nerve.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    Cherokee_RoseOvidmikel
  • RokuPDARokuPDA Member Posts: 57
    A device reboot will cause it to appear in your Play Store
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Yep.
    That usually does the trick.
    Certainly worked for me.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    @Teeceezy

Thanks, but www.getnomansland.com only redirects to the Google Play Store, so it doesn't help if the update is not available there yet. I tried that many times during the other major updates this year. But it is available now, so this problem is solved for today.

I would still appreciate if you would cancel the challenge during the next update, as you apparently always require extended maintenance breaks. The midweek challenge is too short anyway, and the lost time due to the update makes it worse.
    RokuPDACapleton
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    have to agree, another reason why the constant 2 challenges is a problem, as the updates can take hours longer in android. (and using that link doesn't seem to help ;-(

at bare minimum sensible option would be cancel the 3 day challenge when you know there is going to be a maintenance , so your not impacting that event, might help more people play a bit more outposts and help capture any issues as well, not least some valuable / needed xp gathering time!

longer term ensuring there is a break between challenges also works better to allow you a weekly slot for upgrades and not critical patches..
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    RokuPDACapleton