Level 15 and 16 Weapons for 7500Tg / survivors level 17

Every time I save up and open a chest for 7500 trade goods I get a 15 or 16 weapon or armor even though I have level 17 survivors.

I'm wondering why I'm not able to get level 17 stuff . Is it a bug?

(workshop and training grounds are fully upgraded too)

Comments

• DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    Same with Me, open 7500 chest and get 14/15 weapon with lvl 16 survivors
  • Kappa123Kappa123 Member Posts: 203
    if a mod could just settle that it's about player level and not survivor level i'll be satisfied. gotta build some buildings then

• capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,812
    ...same.. Quite boring... I always get 14 level and btw.. 2/3 are assault stuffs... I have 5 level 14 legendary weapons and same for suits... And i don,'t use assaults.. :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    I'm sticking with player level myself.

Lvl 15 gear from the 7500 crates at player level 43. Lvl 16 gear from 44-45. 17 from 46-47.
  • JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    I'm hoping it's player level 46 for level 17 gear as I am level 45.5 ;-)
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    it's not player level, I was level 43 with 3 level 17 players last week and got level 17 legendary scout & warrior weapons, just got to 44 and got level 16 legendary assault.

as I recall, mods said level of equipment you get is typically +1/-1 of your highest level player
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    Here's what @OldGoth, has to say about it. See here and here.
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    Atm I'm only getting lvl 18 gear from crates. No problem with that cos I guess the next update will be in two weeks...
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    edited March 2016
    @kryptonix @Jenny damn I'm 41.....I knew I should have upgraded those farms and tents at some point lol. anyways, glad to know i'm not the only one in this boat.

@DERRICK from our guild is 46 and he's been collecting 17 and 18 stuff for a while now.... and he's got literally everything in 17-20. I'm so jealous xD

@zbot thanks for the info

• JennyJenny Member Posts: 346
    @Kappa123 you're making my day since I am close to level 46.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    I'm level 48 (almost at 49 but everything is maxed) with all level 17-19 survivors (maxed at 17 obviously)...my last 3 7500 trade good unlocks were all level 18 legendary items (1 warrior armor, 1 hunter rifle, and 1 shooter armor).

I hope this helps!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • SierraSierra Member Posts: 71
    @OldGoth you mention that you need to "calculate it another way" and that the "math is based on something else". Would you be willing to share a brief overview of what it is based on so that we can spend our tomatoes / XP / gold more efficiently?

If we know it is based on level then it is worth our time to upgrade buildings that we generally wouldn't prioritize (tents...).

Thank you.
    edited March 2016
    @SlickRick thanks, it does help.

so I guess it is down to player level then (among other things)....not a bug. At least this has been solved.

btw, got a guy in my guild who only just hit 43 and he's opening up level 17 armor/weapons from the 7500 crates. so it's good news for us level 42s :)

Kappa123 said:

Glad to help!

Btw I get a ton of level 20 stuff especially when I get to level 20 in the challenges but it's all pretty much uncommon or common stuff...I've got a few level 19 rares/epics

You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    @Kappa123

lol sorry I wasn't paying attention and my quote failed above
    @slick rick yeah. i get level 20 stuff from challenges and sometimes even normal deadlies too, it's just the chests that insist on giving me max 16s still lol

• woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    @Sierra I already asked @OldGoth two weeks ago here to tell us about the magic math of the drop system, but unfortunately no answer yet.

I am level 42 and have 11 survivors with level 17 now, but still receive only 15&16 gear. I know from players with level 43 who receive lvl 17 gear, but I also read from people who are level 45 and still don't receive lvl 17 gear. So apparently the gear level does not directly depend on the player level, but for sure it is somehow influenced by it. Maybe they average the building levels somehow.

For now my advice is to upgrade the buildings.
    ggbatsTinh
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    @Kappa123 Not a bug, moving thread to general section.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'm also getting gear a couple of levels below what is useful.
    This is why I prefer to open 15 gold crates @ 500 each than 1 legendary @ 7500.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)