Update 1.8 Discussion Thread

Comments

• cmillercmiller Member Posts: 6
    Totally agree - this is not the end of the world. I just think a little bundle would be nice :) no harm done. I used to be a computer technician and sometimes things just don't go your way!
    rgerkman
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @cmiller

We will probably be compensated in some way...can't even get to that part of it until they have the problem fixed...and even then some will still complain that it's not enough (I don't mean you per se)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    rgerkman
  • cmillercmiller Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2016
    @SlickRick

Of course, some are never satisfied. The way I see it is any bundle or event is helping you in some way so be appreciative of it.
    rgerkman
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited March 2016
    Poppy said:

Getting really annoying now this, just got to the point where the XP and drops were meaningful and have now lost half a day!

I'd timed 3 upgrades to finish during this morning so I could start more. That's around 6 hours wasted for me....
    And counting!!!

Maybe they'll give us one-minute gas refills as compo like they did once before...

**Hint Hint** ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    FizzyPinot
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    "critical bug" = game stuck in maintenance mode? :D
    FizzyPinot
    @cmiller

I wish more people saw it like you and I do!! Kind of sad we live in a world where people are so ungrateful and feel like if they can't have something RIGHT NOW it's the end of the world!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    NeilFcmillerblynknz
  • StarSonStarSon Member Posts: 21
    SlickRick said:

@StarSon

Yeah I love this game as much as anyone and I've paid easily over $1000 playing this...but I'm also 37 and have some perspective on life.

I also own a computer company so I understand code/programming and know how things like this can go especially with games...updates are a Catch-22...but to flip out/panic/whine is not going to fix the problem...anyone who doesn't think they're doing everything they can to fix this ASAP is either 12 years old or never been involved in a for-profit business.

P.S. My original post wasn't directed at you anyways and I do get your point

I know it wouldn't have been directed at me, since I hadn't said anything on the subject. I agree about perspective, but as you pointed out, our perspective is different than someone else's. Telling that other person that there are more important things to gripe about than a video game (free or otherwise) isn't very productive, and you come off just as whiny.

And there is nothing wrong with being 12 or not involved in a for-profit business.

Where's Morgan? We need a rendition of kumbaya.
    FizzyPinotggbats
    edited March 2016
    In all honesty, I'd rather have it released when it's working properly rather than buggy and glitchy.

Maybe NG staff have all been wiped out in a real zombie outbreak........ :/
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    cmillerrgerkman
    @StarSon

Well you're the first person in 37 years to describe me as "whiny" lol...and I'm smart enough to know that perspective is relative to the individual but thanks for pointing that out...if you can't understand the point of what I was trying to post let's just end it here and we'll agree to disagree.

Good luck with everything!
    Survivor420
  • GlookerjdcGlookerjdc Member Posts: 130
    It would be nice to get an update on the update
  • BaileyGoinDeepBaileyGoinDeep Member Posts: 39
    So the game is still under maintenance for everyone? I just got up and tried to open game and it says it is. Didn't know if it was just me tho
    We had one of those.

We're waiting for an update about the update on the update.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited March 2016
    This was just recently posted on FB by TWD NML:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Guess I could have taken the time to read more comments b4 posting last one. Apologies.
    @StarSon

Ok that was good lol
    Oh lol that wasn't directed at you @BaileyGoinDeep!!!
    just posted to let everyone know :grimace:

Rhonda
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    The game is back online now!

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Invader
  • Guys, still in maintenance? Lol why dont you take a day off for every update from now on? Sw quality at NG ftw!!!
  • NeilFNeilF Member Posts: 26
    Well, it's not under maintenance any more, but am I alone in seeing an "account loaded to another device" message, I wonder (I don't have another device to access my account from!).
    Invader
    @rgerkman lol. Actually I was just talking about not posting a comment b4 I read other comments regarding still being in maintenance. But thanks for that moment ☺
    rgerkman
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    NeilF said:

Well, it's not under maintenance any more, but am I alone in seeing an "account loaded to another device" message, I wonder (I don't have another device to access my account from!).

Same here...
    Game is back up and working fine so far!
  • SoLDieRDaPSoLDieRDaP Member Posts: 53
    What? No Thanks. Why am i seeing this message?

Invader
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,783
    Game is back up.
    rgerkman
  • MizifuuMizifuu Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2016
    They slightly raised weapon/armor upgrade prices.

lvl17 lengendary ~524k , now 525k
    lvl18 legendary ~699?k, now 700k
    lvl19 legendary 909k, now 910k

Max supplies and experience label removed.

No matchs found in Outposts, too

• tussnuts2016tussnuts2016 Member Posts: 23
    Does anyone see any adjust in building cost or upgrade time? Mine haven't changed.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited March 2016
    reduced zoomout factor at the camp. feels claustrophobic and doesn't even solve the icon clipping issue with the walker pit.

Also, @Mizifuu Cost of legendary upgrade from 19->20 was increased from 909k to 910k.

Into the Woods is also still a deadly mission? @TK-421
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    I would rather have a long down time and solid fix than have them rush it and have to do another fix later.

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger
    edited March 2016
    Well hello!!! &I thank you!!
    I'm up & running but scared to do anything :lol: especially buy a bundle when my last one hasn't been compensated but this is ohhh so tempting!!!

Edit: it didn't post my pic.. Sorry

It's a New Fresh Survivor Bundle! 400 Gold, 5 Phones 1 Survivor Slot & Legendary Equipment!!

Rhonda
    raton