The "I got censored!" thread - report false censorship here

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited March 2016
    @FRAGZIE Are you from the UK?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Guild friend Shirley is now ***rley just to add to the list.
    Just switch the filter off please, why exactly was this added again?
    @PimpOfTheDead sorry I meant @****ofthedead sorry it must've been me
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    A guild mates name is Mick and now only***. Freaky...
    Censorship for 3 year olds
    MissSFX
  • FragzieFragzie Member Posts: 584
    @masmith93 The words I posted can be very offensive and inflammatory, but not censored.
    ggbatsAndyMenshel
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    First they censored @Helio and I did nothing.

Next they censored @WastelandDan and I did nothing.

Now they've come for all of us.
    masmith93IRONDeeZeena
    @FRAGZIE are you from the UK?
    Fragzie
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    This is a new low next games , i dont complain about much but come on....in game censorship? So its okay to show people killing each other but no naughty words? I know you guys arent based in the usa but you should come here , you would fit right in with the mpaa and its moronic censorship guidelines. Instead of concentrating on all the in game problems this is what you were working on?? Wow , just wow.
    ggbatsfretje
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    My Guildie named Akuma is now a***a
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @TheFuzzyRaccoon .. I like that suggestion!! Reporting names would be way easier !!!
    (Well, maybe not for NG.. I don't know squat about programming & such)
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • Mikeb80808Mikeb80808 Member Posts: 16
    how is "lust" a bad word?
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Sorry @FizzyPinot I misunderstood the 1st comment about my name, but anyways I agree with the reporting rather then just censoring & let ng manually decide what's offensive, like I said u can tell the difference between an actual game handle & someone deliberately trying to b offensive or malicious as those are the people u should go after
    @PimpOfTheDead no apology required, I assumed you were joshing. I just added you early on in the post as you'd mentioned it before on another thread. You seem to carry some clout on here so needed your name showing early on this thread. Just hope you didn't mind me posting you on here before you had the chance (a bit cheeky of me though).
  • HamphilHamphil Member Posts: 36
    Holy excrement! One of my guild mates gave everyone a gift and asked what we all got. Someone got a screwdriver, an actual word and a weapon in the game, and when she typed it in chat it came up as ***driver
    masmith93
  • TUCOTUCO Member Posts: 183
    17+ mature game using censorship?Hahahahahah
    aliallen09[Deleted User]
    edited March 2016
    @Hamphil that is dirty-fornicating crazy!
    Annette578
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Please remove the censorship! That's a very immature move NG.

• FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    This by far has to be the silliest thing NG has done. Blood, gore, beheading, death, killing, murder, mayhem, rot, stabbing, shooting, and so on. But a baaaaaadddd big boy word? H E double hockey sticks no! Not to be toxic but who comes up with these brilliant ideas? All of the in-game bugs and oodles of support requests but censorship makes it to the top of the to do list? Pffff...
    Felecia
    aliallen09masmith93Falcondemongirl
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I typed the word "Finishing" today and got fini***ng" I guess it thought the "shi" was going to have a "t" at the end.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • akaaliasakaalias Member Posts: 26
    Censorship. REALLY! I'm not kidding. An alternate word for boat is censored. How bout all those people named Richard who's nickname is Dick?
  • demongirldemongirl Member Posts: 23
    Agree with @Felecia. Yeah, this is a bloody, graphic, violent game (works for me, I love gore)- a game for adults/mature players. I'm not quite sure if this is stemming from the thread about a kid that saw "the D word" in a teams name or not, if it is that just seems so silly to me. Parental responsibility would solve the problem of that special snowflake being corrupted seeing these "dirty" words. It's that easy, don't let them play, set pass-codes or enable restrictions on the devices they use.
    If parents would kindly *parent* their children, maybe the adults would be allowed to use grown up words without a hullabaloo.

I'm not talking about f-bombing all the time or overuse of profanity just to be a jerk, but come on, some of the team names and user names are pretty darn funny.

If that thread about the kid wasn't the catalyst for the censoring then we must have lots of priests, nuns, cloistered monks in here getting up in arms about the profanity. I can't see like a normal, boring adult kicking up a fuss about this.

I'd also like to echo @Felecia in that I don't want to be perceived as toxic, but with the bugs and support issues that are ongoing, this maybe should have been last on the to-do list imo.

Thanks guys
    RickRolling since Feb 2016
    FeleciaMissSFXSCBMA
  • SekushiSekushi Member Posts: 53
    They got too sensitive with words... Even my game name got censored
    S E K U S H I now SEKU*** lol
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2016
    To the DEVs. We all got a few good laughs out of this attempt, but at this point you should just turn it off. The word "Hello" is censored. So whatever scheme you used it is woefully misguided. In addition, this is a 17+ game, and have you ever heard the 12 year olds talk in online gaming? Search on YouTube for some samples and you will be shocked. It would make a sailor blush. We can only chat amongst our guild mates, and the leader can always kick someone out if they are abrasive etc etc. thanks again for the chuckles, but let's shut this **** down (and **** = feature).

On another note, loving the rest of the update so far.
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    edited March 2016
    AH! this is the thread I needed. Mods can delete the bug report I posted.

All words with s, h, and i in sequence are being filtered. I get what you were going for, but words like shirt and pushing are also being caught.

Seriously, the filter is completely unnecessary in the first place. If someone really wants to curse, they will find a way around it. Let the guild leaders police themselves and kick out people that are offensive or give us an option to report them in game. We can always figure out how to get around 8u115hi+ filters.

Felecia[Deleted User]
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Go ahead and sensor whatever you like , I just want my name back lol .. ***es doesn't have as nice of a ring to it
    edited March 2016
    @TK-421 Please, pass this one on to the devs.

Dear Devs, the word butt IS NOT profanity. It is the commonly accepted short form of buttocks and also describes the end of something, like butt roast, butt of a gun, cigarette butt, etc.

I just tried to say the word button in game and what went through was ****on. Seriously, I can't tell someone to use the challenge button instead of accessing the map.
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    First of all, this is an NC17 game. Why do ANY words need to be censored in guild chat where only grown ups should be chatting??? This is the most absurd thing I have seen in this game. WTF.

Also, the word "crashing" is being censored.
    Zeena[Deleted User]
    @Necroboogie Good one!