The "I got censored!" thread - report false censorship here

Comments

• eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    TheMurphy said:

Useless

Yes, but anyone attacking your outpost will see the *** ones.
    masmith93
  • kapaootweetskapaootweets Member Posts: 64
    Why are you developers f**king wasting your time on this ? How about a proper chat system that we all ask for 6 months ? :p:*
    More than 200 No Man's Land walkthrough videos HERE on my Youtube Channel
    masmith93MissSFX[Deleted User]
  • DennermanDennerman Member Posts: 14
    In guild chat I tried to type the word "shields" in reference to the Outpost shields and it censored it with something like sh*****.
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    That was fixed a few hours ago, the most obvious false positives are gone
    masmith93
  • SchnarchbaerSchnarchbaer Member Posts: 106
    @eetu Unfortunatly our member "Fuxi" ist still censored. His name contains nothing offensive.
    Leader "DerWiderstand 2"
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Fux is another way to write the "f" word @Schnarchbaer
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • tussnuts2016tussnuts2016 Member Posts: 23
    I'm sofaking disappointed with this update...
  • tussnuts2016tussnuts2016 Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2016
    someone on facebook had their profile deleted because their name was Phuc Dat Bich

FizzyPinot
    Granted, but we are german players and the meaning of that name is just something like a little fox. Anyway, if they censor harmless names overnight, so we need a possibility to change them in our account! :|
    Leader "DerWiderstand 2"
    rgerkman
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Don't worry @Schnarchbaer .. eetu is on it & will be fixing all the nonsense censors that are happening :wink:

(I know you're not "worried" just sayin lol)

& I wish we could change our ingame names!! I named my Guild in beginning of game & game in turn gave me the Guild name as my real name!! & now I'm in a different Guild & all my Guildies think I'm a man because of name lmao (Zakynthos-- not very girlie lol but I guess I shouldn't give two "fux" haha)
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    It must be feared that the game will lose some really blameless players because of this measure. :(
    Leader "DerWiderstand 2"
    :D So, let's hope for the best. ;)
    Leader "DerWiderstand 2"
    rgerkman
  • DegreaserDegreaser Member Posts: 72
    The passion of those fighting to name their survivors after body parts is hilarious.

Also: Phuc Dat Bich was a hoax.

Also, too: things don't have to be perfect to be better. Thanks NG for making things better.
    jesterVintage_Bull
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    Being censored on a 17+ game is better?
    Vintage_Bull
    Me not having to see 8th grade humor is definitely better (for me).
    Vintage_Bull
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    And you're ok with the in game chat being censored?
    @jester Actually, that's a bit different. In the case of the chat I could always change guilds if the tone really annoyed me for some reason. And actually I expect some profanity in guild chat. We're a team and that's a spot where it doesn't bother me at all. So I am with you there.

But I really can't get outraged about it. Most guilds seem to have an external chat (as do we) which is unfiltered.
    jester
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    I don't know why NG is bothering with this. They should be focused on other issues. Parents who think their kids are innocent are totally blind. I used to teach middle school. I guarantee you your kid HEARS worse things on the school bus in elementary and SAYS worse things himself by 7th grade.
    Vintage_Bullkapaootweets
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    @eetu do ppl still search for my guild the same way? even though its censored for whatever dumb reason! BadAzzMoFos (i already censored the name myself when i made it!) is now badazz***s when you look at it on the chat window.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I got my name back so thanks for that! @eetu
    I'm no longer ***es
  • SoLDieRDaPSoLDieRDaP Member Posts: 53
    One our members "Hussy7" in our "Sussex Dead" quild name is still "***7" can you help out @eetu thanks

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    The word Membership keeps getting censored to member***p in our guild description :D
    jester
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    jt41 said:

I don't know why NG is bothering with this. They should be focused on other issues. Parents who think their kids are innocent are totally blind. I used to teach middle school. I guarantee you your kid HEARS worse things on the school bus in elementary and SAYS worse things himself by 7th grade.

Not my son! :D
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    the issue here is not the bad words.. if you really wanted to say bad words, no one can stop you. you can always have a way like using "!" instead of "i" like Sh!t..
    So the real issue here is the useless censorship.. it only affects the wholesome words.. bad words can still be said despite the censorship just like my example..

• AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    the issue here is not the bad words.. if you really wanted to say bad words, no one can stop you. you can always have a way like using "!" instead of "i" like Sh!t..
    So the real issue here is the useless censorship.. it only affects the wholesome words.. bad words can still be said despite the censorship just like my example..

• Peteypabs160Peteypabs160 Member Posts: 1
    Guild name "Bums" is now "***s".

Am I winning?