Awful Radio Pulls

I don't know what to do anymore i can't pull a survivor to save my life. i have just done 14 consecutive 15 radio calls and got rare on every single one not even an epic this is after the epic weekend where i did 10 pulls and only got a single epic.

i feel like the code/game knows when an event or something is going on for extra radios. or at minimum realizes which players spend money and purposely gives them worse items in an attempt to get them to spend more to try and get what they want.

let me know if anyone else has had this experience or if im doing something wrong/weird thats causing these god awful pulls

Comments

• blenderheadblenderhead Member Posts: 19
    it's luck or i guess unluck of the draw. IF the was something coded to do with buying the radios it would most likely be an improved chance of getting something decent... i mean what's more likely to get you to spend again? a shiny golden legend or endless rare bums?
    Ovidmikel
  • MissSFXMissSFX Member Posts: 177
    I'm having the same crap luck to be honest. I'm getting scouts and bruisers. Not had a hunter in over a months and used 100's of radios. I use 15 at a time which is supposed to be guaranteed 3-5 star. An I'm getting 2 star. I'm getting seriously fed up now
    mona_ljs
  • whaler213whaler213 Member Posts: 81
    @blenderhead i hear what your saying but at the same time what is likely to get you to spend more wanting/needing better stuff, or already having it
    Survivor420
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    It is completely RANDOM!!

I decided any radios I get over 700 to burn on 1 radio calls to just reject for the XP...so I had 726 radios this morning and decided to burn 26...I got 21 common/uncommons, 4 rares (mainly bruisers), and 1 legendary scout...I'm sure the odds of pulling a legendary anything on a 1 radio call are extremely rare...but it's proof that it can happen and there are NO magical forces conspiring against individual players.

A lot of people on here seem like the types that if you buy 50 lottery tickets and don't win the $100 million powerball that you automatically think it's an unjust system and that they're out to get you
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    blenderheadFizzyPinotDREBAWSScared_Dead
  • whaler213whaler213 Member Posts: 81
    @SlickRick the rates should be infinitely better than 1 epic in 24 pulls and thats my point yeah you got lucky with a legendary on 1 radio pulls but thats the exception not the norm you spent 26 radios and got a legend i spent 360 radios and got 1 epic dont you see the difference
    Survivor420
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @whaler213

Yes but it's an algorithm...without getting too technical it will NEVER work the way you or most people want...and I'm just saying complaining about it isn't going to cause the NG programmers to rewrite the entire algorithm...complaining breeds negativity which breeds stress...real life has enough stress...so why add to it for something that you can't control and will never change? Just trying to help...
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Survivor420
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    A computer can not generate a truly random number. There is an algorithm of some sort. Some variable(s) is used as input.

That said, a lot of this certainly seems random. I get lousy rewards on deadly missions but good radio pulls. (I also got a legendary on a 1 radio call.) With some people it is the other way around.

@SlickRick raises a good point about lottery tickets. A chance to get something is only a chance, not a guarantee. But, yes, it seems like some of you could be having better luck than you are having.
    Survivor420
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,066
    I keep trying 15 radio calls for a 3rd Hunter to add to my two existing level 17 Epics but keep getting crap, mostly Bruisers and Scouts which are both worthless. Maybe one day.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    If you believe everything in this game that appears to be random is actually "completely" or "100%" random, I have a fire-proof snowball to sell you. Randomizing is only as good as the algorithms and they can (and do) tweak them.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    During the LEG event all I could pull was repeated scouts, 3 epics and already had 2. kept the ones with the most future upside and retired two of the 5. really only have the need for 3 of every type and am about there. Eventually wont really need anybody new to add..

• waylonwaylon Member Posts: 14
    I haven't got a legendary survivor since before they started doing the 15 call thing. And it's just gotten worse since then imho.
    Mechanix
  • DtownDtown Member Posts: 46
    I got 2 legendaries in the past week out of 4 15s
  • waylonwaylon Member Posts: 14
    Lucky
    Dtown said:

Thats excellent you got pics? I love to see what comes around.

I am player Level 41 and cant go higher council, Radio tower is about to hit Level 8 and I am going to call a 15, Training grounds is Level 16. Just need 1 more phone and post what I get.

• rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited April 2016
    Just a few days ago.. I got the Achievement to use 3 Melee weapon Survivors.. I only had two Bruisers. I decided to say wth & try my luck with a 15 Radio Call.. Guess what I got on first try!?!?!!?!

Greatest decision ever lol What Luck!
    He is now, currently, my highest Bruiser Survivor! Not that I ever use Bruisers.. but great to use when I get the Achievement!
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    ggbats
    During the Radio Event, I got lucky & ended up with 2 Legs, 2 Epics & 2 Rare
    Here are my Legs

Rhonda
    Hmmm only posted one.. here's the other

Rhonda
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    That's a great bruiser @rgerkman

Just to let you know scouts & warriors are also melee weapon survivors.
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    rgerkman
    lol I knew that too but at the time my head prolly was not thinking correctly :joy:
    or did it ask for Bruisers & that's why I did it? Hmmm I honestly don't remember hahhaha

Rhonda
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    LMAO. That's what this game does it turns your mind to mush.
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    rgerkman
  • KaraKara Member Posts: 25
    Two epic hunters, start low but max at 17 and 18 after training, I'm happy with that!
    Ovidmikel
    SmittY said:

Dtown said:

Thats excellent you got pics? I love to see what comes around.

I am player Level 41 and cant go higher council, Radio tower is about to hit Level 8 and I am going to call a 15, Training grounds is Level 16. Just need 1 more phone and post what I get.
    Hers what I got AWEFUL LoL

Heres the other all in the past 2 weeks
    @Dtown yor Granny Feakin SHREDS!!!!! Perfect!

Dtown
    @smitty how do u post like that
    First click the triangle by the paper icon.

Then click choose files and browse your PC for a picture.

Dtown
    Thank u
  • GrigorashGrigorash Member Posts: 18
    I'm lvl 45 with survivors lvl 17.. at the last event i got 1 epic legendary lvl 18 max, 2 shooter lvl 17 max epics.. and 2 assault lvl 16 max epics.. why 16 max if i have radio tennt full upgrade? what can i do with them? to grow them up and after i hit with them lvl 16 i retired them because we gonna have lvl 18 max? .. you better give a rare lvl 18 max than an epic lvl 16 max.. aa.. and i used around 300 phones..
    Survivor420Scared_Dead
  • MetalHeadMetalHead Member Posts: 5
    Ok. I felt the same regarding awful radio calls. But I've done two in 2 weeks with 15 radios. Last week I got an epic Hunter 12/19 and I just tried again and got her:

rgerkmanggbatsOvidmikelScared_Dead