Cannot close 'Manage Survivor' Screen to retire Outpost survivor

smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
I rescued a survivor in-game that I want to keep. So I 'manage' her, and try to delete a survivor currently in outpost.
Obviously, cannot do that, so I try to close everything so I can get into my outpost and switch up my useless scout so I can retire him.
However, I cannot get to the outpost survivors screen.
I can close the 'Choose Survivor' screen but I do not have the close option on the 'Manage Survivor' Screen. So it simply keeps switching me between those two screens.
The way it stands now, it is going to force me to retire a survivor I do not want to retire,
The game has reloaded a few times while I was attempting to find my way out of this loop, but it always returns to that screen.
Suggestions?

Comments

• rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    There should be an "X" top right of your screen, no? @smokva
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    @rgerkman No. :( Usually there is, and I click it and then the 'managed survivor' goes into the radio tower. I do what I need to do and then find him/her there and 'accept'.
    But this time, no 'X'. My only options are 'manage' and 'retire'. So I have no way to get out of the screen.
    I press manage and go to survivors screen. Close survivors screen and back to manage.
    I'm a little concerned that it is because it was a rescued survivor rather than a 'called' survivor that I am unable to get her to the radio tower. But still, I should have the option to retire an outpost survivor.... somehow. I have one Level 8 (the one I want to retire) and the rest are Level 12s, my max. I don't want to have to retire my maxes. I just finished upgrading them! :(
    & you can't buy a slot?

Rhonda
    @rgerkman Umm... I've kind of been using my gold to buy the free crates. My videos hardly ever work, and I keep missing my gold crates. Sooooo.... that's where all my gold goes.
    I'd like a way to fix this, but I think I will have to retire a Level 12... time is running out on the weekend challenge and I don't think a mod will get to me soon. (Not complaining - just saying. I know you guys are busy.)
    Crap.
    Sorry! I was hoping our brainstorming might help!!

@zbot .. Any suggestions? (Sorry to bother you)

Rhonda
    @rgerkman Please don't apologize! You are completely wonderful for trying and thanks so much for responding. I've retired a level 12 warrior (sniff... :'( ) and then accessed and deleted my level 8 scout - I just can't bear to look at him anymore even if I am tight on survivors. So at least I have a slot free if something pops up again.
    However, I would still like to know why this happened, and if there was a way around it.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,501
    @smokva, @rgerkman, I guess I'm late to the party, I maybe the one of very few who has personally experienced this. My incident was pre outpost. I had a radio call and received a rare Hunter max whose max level was higher than what I currently had but starting level was lower and didn't want to retire my Hunter as they are hard to find but didn't have an extra slot, so I completed hard chapters to earn gold and got rescued survivor which I rejected and found that my radio call survivor also disappeared because of it.

Long story short, I leave an extra slot now just in case.

@smokva, if you get a chance check out the wikia asit has valuable information on almost everything and on rescued survivors.

If this was a radio call survivor then yes you can access outpost to change it but not rescued survivor from my past experience, here is a previous post regarding the same issue.

rgerkman
    @zbot Thanks for the response. I actually have checked out the wiki here and there, but it does tend to focus on normal gameplay rather than the "Warning: Don't-do-this-even-if-it-seems-logical gameplay.
    I've had issues like yours where radio survivors have disappeared while being managed - I think you responded to that as well. So I have since refused to 'delay' retiring my survivors although I do believe this bug has been fixed (I checked it out when I received a radio-call-survivor that I didn't care if I lost, and he seemed to stay in the tower even after I logged out, played other missions etc...)
    But it didn't occur to me that I would not be able to access my outpost survivors. The only thing that I can think of is that because the survivor was 'rescued' it can not be stored in the radio tower, and that's why I was not given the option to get out of the screen. After all, where would they go if not the radio tower?
    Still, I keep losing survivors in these expensive 'lessons'.
    Live and learn I guess.
    My goal is to one day 'learn' before 'living it'.
    Sigh.
    I am still in mourning for my Level 12 warrior that I had to retire but I'll get over it.
    Hopefully others will benefit from the heads up.

LESSON: Always leave a weak link in your active survivor line-up, don't place all of them in the outpost.
    I feel your pain! I loss a level 16 Survivor this past weekend in a deadly mission :cry: My first loss ever!! We shall mourn together....

Side note.. I always keep an extra 1000 gold for a "just incase" moment. I tell myself that the 1000 gold is my 0 lol

Rhonda
    & thanks for responding zbot!!! :blush:

Rhonda
  • HubadonicalHubadonical Member Posts: 5
    For flicker bug. It seems to be caused by survivor outfit of the new character. You can get past the flicker by clicking fast on the icons. The character bugs when you first get it and open it on radiotent and also possibly survivor management when you get the survivor. Just click fast. It works but requires patience. If you want to use your bugging character you need to change he's outfit to a different one. I bought cheap dale for epic bruiser that was bugging. Now I can play with her. Good luck.