The "I got censored!" thread - report false censorship here

Comments

• DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    edited April 2016
    The commonly used word scra pping (as in recycling gear for xp) is censored because we can't have anyone crapping in guildchat, it's antisocial.
    Edit: Apparently not censored here.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    edited April 2016
    This is me discovering it. I still get disconnected constantly, told I am idle as I am playing and sit and watch movies then get bounced before I can open the extra chests. But at least the sensitive eyes of my guild members are safe. (Eventually the word made it back in. But we have come up with a whole new series of words. It is kind of fun and an ancillary game to the main game. As long as chat is working :) )

• SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    In guild chat I said "participation" and it censored out all of the middle of the word. I haven't been able to figure out what it could have been reading in that word. But anyway "participation" is censored.

• Lady_KillmongerLady_Killmonger Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2016
    There are players from all over the world, different obscenties hold different levels of offense in different languages. A word that may be deemed offensive in one language may not be deemed offensive in another. If censoring words that are spelt similar or sound similar come into it as well this sounds like an impossible task to me. Perhaps a reporting system? That way if anyone comes across a word they find truely offensive in the game they can report it. And maybe just stick with censoring the basic obscenties that are pretty much considered obscene throughout all cultures and languages... if there are any.

Within the guild chat people can already leave a guild if they feel offended by the chat, start their own or if there is a member being offensive a guild leader or elder can banish them. You guys shouldn't have to be and aren't babysitters.

That being said this isn't really a game that is appropriate for children in the first place so I don't know but good luck with this one because it's going to be a lot more complicated than you may be anticipating.
    PerdtinVintage_BullMissSFX
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    edited April 2016
    Guys..

This should be a game where a father can play with his six year old Son on sundays again, without that he has to explain to him what all these bad words mean..

A place where a priest can farm for stars, without that he has to take confessions from his fellow guild members every day, because they cursed over a 2h injury time, bad pulls or bugs... again and again...

This restriction of our peace of free words and expression in fact helps us to not going to hell that soon..

We had the same thing going a half century back here in Germany..
    And what can I say? It turned out to be awesome..

We should be thankful for that..

Amen!
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
    Vintage_BulljesterLightfeetGingaNinja
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783

Within the guild chat people can already leave a guild if they feel offended by the chat, start their own or if there is a member being offensive a guild leader or elder can banish them. You guys shouldn't have to be and aren't babysitters.

+1
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    They havent replyed to anything on here in days , probably because they realize how ******* stupid this is.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited April 2016
    "This should be a game where a father can play with his six year old Son on sundays again, without that he has to explain to him what all these bad words mean."

@DERRICK
    What responsible father would play a 17+ rated blood n gore n guts zombie splattering game with his 6 year old son?????

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Lightfeet
    I think that was his point.
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    @Neil_J

Ever heared of the word irony?
    I guess not... :-p
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    @Neil_J @misfit44 @DERRICK
    Wait. Blood and splat zombie games are bad for our children, but the Fresh Beat Band and Dora the Explorer are ok? Next thing I'm going to hear is how bad SpongeBob is for little kids. What is this world coming to ;)

Trump for president!!! Just kidding >:)
    rgerkmanmasmith93
  • SophieBSophieB Member Posts: 33
    'Accumulate' got censored to ac***ulate in a guild chat comment.

• KiffwunderKiffwunder Member Posts: 1
    Obiwankentobi.....obi****entobi
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    Wank and cum I understand being on the list, but participation is weird indeed. Maybe something highly offensive in another language? Will take a look.
    LightfeetVintage_BulllmfgunnutTheLostOnes
    @eetu what about my guild name question?? Will people still search for BadAzzMoFos the same way even though its now censored??
    Sorry, I missed that one. As far as I understand the filter is only applied on display, so the search should work the same as before.
    @eetu thank you , hopefully you are correct. I still dont understand why its censored though...i censored it myself when i made the guild lol.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @eetu ..
    'Participating' is being censored in our Chat
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,023
    Someone deleted my thread http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/55381#Comment_55381
    ...and it was an artistic internvention!!! A duchampian action!!
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • alpineshadowalpineshadow Member Posts: 1
    I typed the word "participate" a couple times in Guild Chat and it now appears as "parti***te".
    edited April 2016
    Ah, ok, seems like cipa is a bad word in polish. You live and learn. (I'll see it gets removed)
    rgerkmanlmfgunnut
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited April 2016
    Thanks @eetu I have some polish friends I can swear at now :D
    Wank/wanker is UK slang.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    its a useless feature @eetu .. anyone can say badwords whenever he wanted to. there is always a way to say it... you only make other sensible words unreadable.. like the word "participation" is a legitimate "not" a bad words, but you replace it with parti***tion.. which is hard to understand.. If I really wanted to say the bad word "cipa", I could just type "ci.pa" and it wont be censored.. You see now how useless the censorship is? you can't stop anyone if they want to say bad words with or without censorship. The censorship only make the conversation unreadable even if its a legit wholesome conversation..

fretje
  • KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    The word participating is being censored to parti***ting. Not sure what is offensive about "cipa"...
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168

Cipa has already been identified as a very bad word in Polish. We must remember that as NG's children, we must be protected from bad words from all languages, not just hate speech or racially derogatory words, but ALL words they decide are bad. Or maybe NG is only trying to make the game less mature, and more suitable to bring in a younger player base. Idk its a mess either way

"CIPA" maybe a bad word or even "shit".. but is "participating" a bad word? The problem with this censorship is not with bad words but rather, with words that are not really a bad words but still got censored just because it contains those letters. if someone really wanted to say the bad words he can say it.. like if I wanted to say "Fu.ck!" , do the censorship read it as a bad words? No. But the word "participating" is being censored and becomes "parti***ting.. You see, this censorship is really REALLY useless!

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Um, bitch is sensored? It's the proper name for a female dog? Like in the DICTIONARY.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • dangerkitty24dangerkitty24 Member Posts: 30
    Accumulated
  • ravenyzeravenyze Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2016
    I honest to God cannot believe that one (irresponsible) parent complaining makes you censored the game. It's rated MA. How about banning the people that let their kids play this? Instead of making your adult users report words like draper.
    misfit44FizzyPinotMissSFX
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226

Throwing this in here so more ppl can see to get more kills over the next few weeks. I figure someone will do it n it's a community thing so I'll still throw it in here as well.. But this is how u can beat all the levels higher then u think is possible or can be possible even if your new... Most will figure this out but some new ppl won't so this will help. If u hit subscribe on the page u will see a bunch of others n tomorrow I'll do the rest of them as well for this challange but ppl ask me too see n the they just hit subscribe instead of having to keep looking for me and keep sending me messages.... But here u go goodluck ppl...
    MissSFX
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    @Hittenyouoff2 brilliant! You found a screen display recorder without having to jailbreak! I like the sfx of the finger swipe. You is cool dude
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!