Game Getting Stuck in Graveyard Missions

KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
I'm having issues with the new graveyard missions. Tried to search to see if this was already posted, but search function in forums is not working.

So... I start a mission in the graveyard challenge, and the game is not responsive. I try to move a player and they go nowhere, but it shows that I used an AP. I hit "end turn" to see what will happen, and the game zooms in, like an enemy is getting shot, and it just freezes there. I've had to shut down the game and reopen it. Only then, do I get to see what happened when I tried to move my survivor or if they hit anyone in overwatch. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• KaitlynKaitlyn Member Posts: 164
    I should note that this is not the same as when the game freezes before crashing. The game doesn't crash, it just sits there like I can play, but nothing works.
  • KlorelKlorel Member Posts: 32
    I had the same, I went to settings and emptied the game cache and then force close game. Log back in and it should be solved
    @Klorel I don't have a ton of tech savvy, not sure what you mean by "emptied the game cache". I checked settings in the game, but don't see anything like that. I checked the settings in my iPad, don't see anything regarding clearing the game cache. Am I being a dimwit?
  • KlorelKlorel Member Posts: 32
    Go to your device its app centre, click on the game. Scroll down and you will see game cache, empty it and force close game.
    Hmmm... I've gone to iPad Game Center and App Store. No option to empty anything. No worries. I don't expect you to be my personal help desk. I'm sure I'm just not understanding something that is very simple. Thanks for trying to help.

If I just force close the game when I'm playing, then reopen, it will resolve the problem temporarily. I can finish that mission with no issues. But, it starts back up with the next mission. It's happened with 3 of the 4 missions I've played.

Something else is wrong as I've just noticed that I don't have access to the "kill the Saviors" contest. And, I don't have a Saviors killed tally in my personal stats. I think there is more going on...
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @Kaitlyn .. From home screen.. Click settings.. Go to storage.. Click apps.. Click NML & then from there you should be able to clear cache
    (That's how it works with my tablet.. Should be same for yours I hope)
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    @rgerkman Nice try! If I go to settings, general, storage & icloud usage, manage storage, then click on the game, my only option is to delete the game. If I go to settings, then straight to the game, the only option is change my notifications. If I go to settings, game center, there is no option to do anything with the game.

Unless "clear cache" and "delete game" are the same thing?? I'm hesitant to delete the game as I'm worried that will delete everything I've done since I started in October.
    edited April 2016
    Don't delete game.. but an uninstall/reinstall may help...
    You may not have the option.. I don't when using my iPhone
    (I was referring to using my Tablet which is an Android)

Rhonda
    Yeah... I think I don't have the option on my crappy iPad2. Thanks for trying!
    iPad 2 = Air?
    From what I comprehend there are lots of issues when it comes to this game and that iPad.. Give me sec & I will get you link

Rhonda
    edited April 2016

Rhonda
    Oh, good grief, I've read all the discussions available on how shitty my iPad2 is for playing this game. What I'm encountering today with the graveyard mission is a new issue. I've been dealing with constant crashing since the beginning. the game isn't crashing, it's just not responding when I move players or hit the "end turn" button. I'm not going to be surprised if this is yet another problem with my iPad2. Sigh.

Though, I was kind of you to look up that stuff.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 661
    Ive had this issue plus others with the game on samsung android device. Another similiar type is the end of turn not ticking over, and very unresponsive controls. Had it over a month ago, was fixed with update and then has started reoccurring with the last update. Constantly forced to restart game.
    Another case which didnt happen the first time through the missions is a bug which means the last several frames repeat and loop constantly. Took 1hr 40min to get survivors out of new challenge mission. Estimated 20plus restarts to do 3 turns and escape.
    Be warned that if you have an active ticket with ingame support it will disappear if you un/reinstall the game, meaning you will orobably go to the back of the line if issue not fixed.
    The only things ive not suffered is a straight crash to desktop and rollbacks, im hoping with the next update ill have the pleasure.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World