Trade Goods - saving or spending ?

Just curious as to what everyone is doing now that the cap is gone. I've been mostly saving mine and have 23k. Why? No idea. Because I can? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
This space intentionally left blank.
Survivor420

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I must say why? I assume you have all the weapons and armours you could want, therefore you dont need anymore?
    Or are you waiting because you thing they will have a half price weekend?
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @blynknz Well, now that's silly, no one has all the weapons and armor they need. Golden crates are ok - but I get pissed off when I get crappy rare armor or gas. Legendary and epic crates are great, but I've gotten scout weapons and armor one too many times, so those annoy me. Maybe I'm saving for another 3X scrapping event. Half price weekend would be great. Or maybe they'll offer a weapon I actually want to spend 15k TG on?
    Or even better - build your own weapons/armor. That would be sweet.

What did you buy?
    FizzyPinot
  • luv2wanderluv2wander Member Posts: 70
    Spending. I am not saving to so raiders can steal from me. I buy legendary and gold crates.
    FizzyPinot
    @luv2wander I don't participate in outposts, so no worries there.
    What's the best thing you've received so far from the crates?
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @masmith93

I'm with you...raiding is a waste...I knew to stay away before it was released.

I think the most I ever had was like 15K before I spent it...I mostly do the 3500 epic crates because half the time I get legendary stuff from them anyways...the rest of the time I just do the gold crates hoping to get XP or a random awesome weapon/gear

I'm not banking on triple XP coming back for awhile since they just did it knowing their event history...of course I would love to be proven wrong :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I use the 7500 crates. I've gotten a couple of useful things (armour and an assault rifle). but I am nowhere near maxed out in the game yet.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    I haven't done outpost in a few weeks, but with everyone saving up for Lucille I managed to steal enough to finish the last two levels on regular walkers, the last three levels on armored and tanks, buy the last regular walker, pick up my own Lucille, and two legendary crates. That was just since last night. That is over 90k TG for those counting.

To be fair, I did spend 1000 gold on hospital bills and gas, but the TG version of Lucille alone cost 3000 gold if you try to buy without having the TG.

So thanks to everyone who suddenly started stockpiling their TG.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

jesterautumn_ashGonkistanSurvivor420
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,751
    Smart man. ^^^
    Alls fair in love and Outposts? :blush:
    I just took 4000 tg in 15 minutes.
    Gonkistan
    ...and what are you going to spend it on?
    Gold crates
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    I only get the 7500 crates as soon as I get enough to keep upgrading any lvl 17 legendary gear I need & storing all the higher stuff for now, think Lucille is a waste though as most ppl want it as a novelty but how often are bruisers really used? & who really has time or XP to bother upgrading it? Lol
    masmith93
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I spend my TG rewards rather than risk being raided (even though seems like few people raiding). But also, I like the steady income. Yes, I scrap almost all of it, but I keep track of all my rewards and I've easily collected 100K XP from gold crates in one challenge (10,000TG = 20 gold crates). If I had spent that 10K on a legendary crate + whatever, wouldn't have come close to 100K in XP, assuming I didn't get anything appealing. Probably more like 10K XP.

Having said that, I understand the lottery argument of saving for the big prize and hoping to hit the right numbers. Congrats to people that found good stuff after buying legendary crates.
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    I had saved the 15k tg in 2-3h. . But jester talked me out of it. Now i got another leg 18 rifle and 17 leg assault armor instead.. thx JT
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
    jester
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm saving them.. for now..
    Might get Luci if I ever get to upgrading my Leg Briuser to 16 (he's at 11 currently)
    I use to only get Leg crates but always got Armor.. Always ! Then I read on here somewhere that the 500tg crate gives "more bang for the buck" so I get those now.. Definitely like the Rewards/price over the Leg ones!!

I really like that I'm no longer forced to spend my TG!!! I like hoarding lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    masmith93
  • thatdamngoodcire777thatdamngoodcire777 Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2016
    Spend them ALL on gold crates. Currently 20k xp, 20k supplies, 4 radios, 6 gas...meh weapon but sometimes gold lv 14 - 16 gear, not much to lose. 7500 crates for gear you may not need that can be farmed, nope. And Lucille? If your a bruiser fan, it's not bad. It justifies using gas to grind low level challenges when I usually get a good gold crate.
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    I reckon it's great with no cap, I've been doing heaps of outpost raids and getting into the thousands of TG's for less than a hundred TG's spent "looking"
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Ditto that.
    I'd like to thank all of those Outpost defenders who contributed to my purchase of Lucille.

Thank you all very much... ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    rgerkmaneetuLadyAquilachristpuncher
  • waylonwaylon Member Posts: 14
    I get a scout weapon 90% of the time I buy a weapon crate. Once in a while I will luck out and get something I can use. But the scout weapons are a dime a dozen. Don't know why I keep buying them it's stupid. It just feels like such a rip off because I just scrap them the second I get them.
  • LedfutLedfut Member Posts: 17
    I do the same as many above. When I get to 7500, I buy a legendary crate. I keep my stock down, so not much to be stolen.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I was using my TG on gold crates but it ends up being supplies 35-40% of the time and I am currently maxed out just under 9 million and have nothing left to spend it on. That a seems like a waste so I have started using them on Epic and Legendary crates which deliver me things that require level 18 and even 19 survivors which are also currently useless. It a real conundrum.
    @NCDawgFan Just think of the awesome new outfits and gear you'd already have? But I agree, they need to add some options to the TG store, esp with large quantities of T available now:
    Phones
    XP
    Supplies
    Specific weapons/armor (like Lucille bat with traits listed)

What else do you want to shop for?
    Ummm. Thank you.
    I looked back and my best effort has been 3,415 on one raid @jester. @masmith93, I really covet a nice rifle for my 16/19 Epic hunter. I would easily spend the 15k TG's to get a Legendary rifle with gold wide bore and damage. I am happy with most all my armor. I think that his why I can beat other level 17 survivors on raids. I can withstand one more attack from equal offensive threats in most cases. I think many players concentrate on upgrading their weapons at the expense of their armor.
    FizzyPinot
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 46
    Gold crate girl here.
    That looks very familiar @masmith93. This is my version of the same 7mm. Gold wide bore, especially on angled shots more that straight shots, into herds is devastating. I have killed 8 or 10 walkers with one shot many times.
    masmith93ggbats
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @NCDawgFan

If it helps I usually do the 3500TG epic crate and about half the time I get a legendary item...a lot of them are level 18/19 so not useful currently but I'll take them...and it's not like getting an awesome epic item is bad news...people on here get a little too infatuated with legendary stuff (I'm guilty at times too)...2 beneficial epics can sometimes be better than 1 legendary that doesn't do you any good...just my 2 cents anyways
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    I took about 40k tg tonight. I'm raiding now.