NG what´s up with your weekend events?

Comments

• Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    The increased legendary events have happened several times now, that is why many of us save our radios until the next time it comes around. I find that event to be very useful.
    [Deleted User]
  • JewishJewish Member Posts: 160
    edited April 2016
    I think this event is fine. I normally get to my max on the morning of the day the challenge finishes. This will allow me to get to my max probably by tomorrow. This leaves me with a bit of tomorrow, Sunday and Monday until the next challenge to do other things I would not normally have much time for.

@Alibaba loved your answer at the start.
    Radio event

I just save my radios until I get 150 then use any others for extra Xp. That way I can do 10 x 15 radio calls on the event.

If you don't spend your radios they can build up rather quickly.

It is an event everyone can take advantage off if you take the time to save them up
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    I like this event as well. Like some of the others have stated, it let's you play through challenge missions and still have gas left to do something else (story,explore,raid). When gas is at its regular cost for challenges we are not able to do so as easily.
    [Deleted User]
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Invader said:

Once again...you don´t get the point.

I believe that you don't get the point. When someone gives you something, the proper response is "Thank you". Getting angry that you didn't get something else is just a sign of poor manners and immaturity.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

Shut_UpJorbetggbatsSurvivor420
    Well said

Think of this event as a gift of time
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I think this event is okay, even though it's just a way for NG to say they "helped" us by giving us an event to help us achieve the community prize. I think we all know the counter is fake, so it's kind of a cheap ploy, but it's still nice to be able to earn stars easily to help our guild mates, and still run other missions depending on your personal desires and needs.

Would I be sad if this event never returned? No. But it's way better than 5 second upgrades or better cinema rewards IMHO.
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Dale

He was fabricating things that people never said just to argue and he called me "Beavis"...I think he is what Joe Pesci referred to in "My Cousin Vinny" as a "yute"
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    LadyAquilaSurvivor420
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    SlickRick said:

@Dale

He was fabricating things that people never said just to argue and he called me "Beavis"

That was a reaction on your "negative nancys"

If you can´t handle a reply check your spelling first :wink:
    Survivor420ggbats
    edited April 2016
    SlickRick said:

@Dale

He was fabricating things that people never said just to argue and he called me "Beavis"...I think he is what Joe Pesci referred to in "My Cousin Vinny" as a "yute"

Later in the thread, yeah. But he started out like the stereotypic I'm-used-to-getting-a-trophy-just-for-showing-up-so-you-have-to-give-me-more whiner.

LadyAquilaSurvivor420
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    At 1 gas per mission, I can complete all 6 missions at one go every 1 hour while taking into account that the difficulty also increases as quickly.

However, I chose to spread out the stars over a few days because everyday I will receive a daily quest which might give bonus challenge stars. If I had breezed through all the missions in just 1 day and reached my maximum, the daily quests which come in later might be wasted or accidentally completed when you play exploration/story missions.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
    Dale said:

But he started out like the stereotypic I'm-used-to-getting-a-trophy-just-for-showing-up-so-you-have-to-give-me-more whiner.

Go and play with something toxic :wink:

hmm . . . seems like I already am. LOL
    SlickRick
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    ** irony on **
    Forgot to complain that last weekends double xp event was useless for me due to the reason that I had not enough time to play because of good weather, 3 evenings of drinking beer, barbeque and nice conversations with friends...
    ** irony off **

Sorry, don't really understand complaints about a voluntarily granted event from NGs side. They don't have to give us events each weekend! Appreciate what they give to the community. You don't have to participate in the events. No one forces you to do that.

THX NG FOR THIS EVENT!
    SlickRickzosonDaleJorbet
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    To quote Sean Connery from the movie The Rock "Womack why am I not surprised." I seem to recall a thread started by invader that accused the mods of deleting his thread when it wasn't deleted at all. I remember you were getting pretty nasty towards the mods when someone pointed out your thread still existed. Then there was another not so polite thread about how you wanted all kinds of compensation over the loss of like 500 TG and now this thread complaining about free things. I'm not surprised at all that you feel this way.

Invader no one told you to do all your missions in one day. You could have used your gas yesterday for something else. Had you done that you would have seen added value to this event.

Stay human
    SlickRickDale
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited April 2016
    Most events are good, some are even great. There have only been a few duds (radio, healing times). And I think the vast majority of players are appreciative of the events, we often create posts indicating how much we enjoyed particular events. And @Alibaba is correct - they don't HAVE to give us events. But it would be difficult to take them away after consistently offering them for months now.

What concerns me more is a community event they offered, then make it so difficult to earn the top prize. By removing savior maps from challenges that previously had them (the Factory; In the Ruins) and this challenge only has one map. Reduced cool down times and low gas cost are great. But there's only ONE map that gets us closer to the goal. And that map only has 5 saviors. Nine days to go and we're not even to the half way point. And btw - does the event end at 10am or 10pm EST? The announcement isn't specific.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    masmith93 said:

And @Alibaba is correct - they don't HAVE to give us events.

Yeah...sure they don´t have to give us anything. But they´d loss a large amount of players, a lot of popularity for the game and finally they will loose cash incoming.

This game isn´t just a gift after all...it´s buisiness :wink:

And I´m a customer.
    Survivor420
    um . . . actually a F2P game IS a gift.
    Survivor420
  • KlorelKlorel Member Posts: 32
    Invader said:

masmith93 said:

And @Alibaba is correct - they don't HAVE to give us events.

Yeah...sure they don´t have to give us anything. But they´d loss a large amount of players, a lot of popularity for the game and finally they will loose cash incoming.

This game isn´t just a gift after all...it´s buisiness :wink:

And I´m a customer.
    Lol, when I am a customer somewhere and I do not like the service or products then I go to a place where I am satisfied with those things. I suggest you do the same and find a game where you will be 100% satisfied. Goodluck on that
    [Deleted User]SlickRick
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Klorel

I don't know...if he leaves he might be sorely missed around here without all of his valuable input and constructive insights :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Survivor420[Deleted User]
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I would have loved it to be on all the missions. I'm the same as @Invader, where I still have a lot of levelling to do, as well as wanting to do well in challenges.

But Im not complaining. It still lets me do all 6 challanges, then go and do 2 lots of missions. Opposed to no missions
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    eetu said:

Hey, you _asked_ for this specific scenario! ;)

This event does address the "I don't like 2 challenges per week...there's not enough time to do anything else" complaints nicely.

Cherokee_Rose
    I usually play until I either run out of gas or put all of my survivors in the hospital. (It depends on what I'm doing which comes first.)

This weekend, I have had to stop playing because the real world needed attention. Turned off the machine with both gas in the tank and healthy survivors. I could go a lot longer than I have been.
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    SlickRick said:

@Dale

What's a yute? :)
    SlickRick
  • Scout67Scout67 Member Posts: 32

Invader said:

It is really the majority?

With level 13 survivors it´s no problem to come to your max in 3 days...even with normal gas costs.

Even if you would always max out, it will now cost you less gas to do so. Gas you can be using on exploration missions to gather resources. So yes, IMHO, it still helps you out.

Besides, if I play to 100 stars (33-34 challenges) I'm still only getting level 7 opponents in the challenges. That's far below your level 13. I suspect you could play challenges for a lot longer than you are implying.

We all get the point nancy! :smiley:
    Let me break it down. It normally takes me 3 days of loging on every few hours to maximize my challenges. On the 4 day missions I use the last day to gather food or xp or use fuel for campaign. Because of the event, I was able to max my challenges in less than 2 days. Now I can use my fuel to gain more food, gear, xp and campaign levels than I otherwise could have had there been no event. Therefore, I attribute all the extra stuff I am collecting, to be the direct benefit of the event.

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    eetu said:

blynknz said:

I would have loved it to be on all the missions. I'm the same as @Invader, where I still have a lot of levelling to do, as well as wanting to do well in challenges.

But Im not complaining. It still lets me do all 6 challanges, then go and do 2 lots of missions. Opposed to no missions

Hey, you _asked_ for this specific scenario! ;)
    The funny thing is is I asked for that as a joke. Because (aside from the discounted bundles), it would be the one that is the most useless for me. I really didnt expect you would listen to me. And as I said, its a bit more helpful than I was thinking. It essential lets me farm all weekend.

So I apologise to everyone that doesn't like this event as I planted the seed in NG's mind.
    ggbats
  • Scout67Scout67 Member Posts: 32
    Invader said:

whaler213 said:

how about use the extra gas you arent using on the challenge to play exploration maps, or story quests or outpost or something else that you normally wouldnt have gas for?

Once again...you don´t get the point.

The gas isn´t refilling faster at all. It takes the time to refill like on any other day. It´s just cheaper to go on a challenge mission then usual :wink:
    We all get the point nancy! :smiley:
    Let me break it down. It normally takes me 3 days of loging on every few hours to maximize my challenges. On the 4 day missions I use the last day to gather food or xp or use fuel for campaign. Because of the event, I was able to max my challenges in less than 2 days. Now I can use my fuel to gain more food, gear, xp and campaign levels than I otherwise could have had there been no event. Therefore, I attribute all the extra stuff I am collecting, to be the direct benefit of the event.

Somehow my last post was messed up!
    Cherokee_Rose
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    edited April 2016
    @Scout67 agreed. My only issue/nitpick is the way it is presented as something "to lend a hand" in terms of the community event. With only one map with Saviors, not sure how much it really helps in that respect. But for all the rest, it is good to blow through things. I am trying to push it a bit further than I normally do since it is easy to get to. But I have a hospital full of survivors. Usually I stop around 180, right now at 212.
    Straid
  • Survivor420Survivor420 Member Posts: 103
    How fxcxing rude some of u are. And from a moderator even. Hey moderator, first rule of forum is dont be toxic. Is it really that hard to disagree with someone without acting like a child. Im picturing some of u standing in a circle high fiving each other and giggling after every insult. Ths is a forum where people come to discuss the game, not a high school lunch room. O.p. was merely giving his opinion. Is someone giving an opinion really that bad to u. Oh no someone said something bad about game. I must tell them how terrible of a person they are. Since u are all so perfect and better than everybody else. im sure u are smart enough to disagree with someone without acting like he just stole from u.
    masmith93InvaderggbatsCapleton