Game randomly shifts the screen and moves my players for me

deacondoesdeacondoes Member Posts: 34
What is with selecting a player for me and scrolling the screen to that player. You NEVER NEVER NEVER need to scroll the screen for me. Just leave it alone and I will scroll it when I want to.

Every one of my characters who died, and most of those who have been injured, have gotten that way because I will try to move a character, then the screen will suddenly slide and move my character somewhere I never intended, all because the screen was centering on a character I did NOT select.

This is a serious design error. NEVER move the screen for me. Never move my characters for me. The decision to autocenter on a random character is simply stupid.
hottexasCmlDeadBeatAlas_Babylon

Comments

• Very well said, because that burns my ass too.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • AlibabaAlibaba Moderator Posts: 1,275
    edited April 2016
    @deacondoes Still an issue since update? This thread will be closed in 24 hours if there is no response.

Alibaba lvl49
    LINE me: princealibabwa
    Aegis Official FB Page
  • JewishJewish Member Posts: 160
    @Alibaba

I also have this problem but I've just learned to wait for it to happen thd move. Even so it is rather annoying but I would say it's not crippling to my game play
  • OVERBATOVERBAT Member Posts: 5
    It's crippling me with hunters and assault's I get the green line let go and instead of shooting it moves right be the Walker or Savior this just happened during a PvP raid and loss due to this glitch why does it do that I know what I want but it doesn't let me and I notice it only happens when you have a easy win not low lvls no this only happens with levels equal or higher than my lvl
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,500
    @overbat, are you waiting for the previous move to finish before making the next move.
    Some times if you try to make a move before another move finishes, the game centers on the next survivor.

The targeting system was updated to sticky to avoid these issues a few updates back.
  • deacondoesdeacondoes Member Posts: 34
    Yes this is absolutely still a problem. To the same level as before. Nothing has changed in even the slightest way.

Preselecting some random character and moving the screen to center on them helps the game in no way whatsoever, and only hurts the gaming experience in a dramatic manner.
    DeadBeatAlas_Babylon
    Zbot you have exactly stated the problem - sometimes the game centers on the next survivor - why. For what purpose? It actually almost never centers on the "next" survivor, but instead on the one furthest from the action. Try this - just DON'T center, ever. PROBLEM SOLVED!
    DeadBeat
  • jt41jt41 Member Posts: 116
    The sticky made it WORSE. I've had to adjust to not taking my finger off a survivor until i see if it is going to do what I want or what the screen scroll wants. I've been lucky enough not to lose anyone (knock on wood), but I've taken on a decent amount of damage and hospitalizations because of this.
    ggbats
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I did lose my best Lvl 16 Hunter in a Deadly because of this... Ended up running right in the middle of Lvl 19 Walker Hoard.. I mourned for days... I'm still in mourning :tired_face:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • OVERBATOVERBAT Member Posts: 5
    The best way I can explain it is this scenario say three walkers or savior's are close by I'm using an assault I target any of these and instead of attacking my screen blinks and it positions me by them and I'm attacked and every time it's against equal or higher levels than me that's the only time it happens never on low.
  • Alas_BabylonAlas_Babylon Member Posts: 4
    Maybe this sliding "feature" is supposed to be helpful on tiny screens? I'm on an iPad, and it's just rude! Please Devs - give us an off switch!

Are you going to fix this serious design error that helps to ruin gameplay?
    Bump
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Doesn't it center based on the order of the survivors from top to bottom as they appear in the left margin? It always goes to the first survivor at the beginning of a turn and this is when I catch myself vulnerable.
  • FLWillFLWill Member Posts: 71
    As a somewhat new player (lvi 31) I have the same issue. The auto-centering has caused me several injuries and only acts to slow game play. Maybe the amount of crashing would be decreased with the removal of this function.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    I explained why auto center exists in the first thread where we asked to get the option to disable auto center. I also explained why advanced players hate auto center.
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/11061#Comment_11061