Asking for your Opinions on Assault weapons

I have finally come around to Assault class since joining a kick ass guild this month and I cant decide which weapon to spend XP upgrades on. Based on your experiences and use of these which traits on gun should I start with or which is the best one? I dont tend to use overwatch alot but I have recently found that using a 100% overwatch weapon seems to cause biters to move away from that guy all togethor on last turn. Choices choices:

WalkerBait1

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    If go with old frontier. Full spread and luck and interrupt make that hard to beat. I'd of course prefer it to be legendary, and 17...but it is still super nice.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SmittYWalkerBait1OneLessTitan
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    The gold spread is a wonderful thing. It really thins the herd for your hunter or shooter. The legendary will deliver more kill power fully upgraded but you don't use an assault for the big kill anyway, that's your hunter, shooter or warriors job. You will need more than one good weapon later on, but I agree with @Imfgunnut. The luck and spread in the 3rd option for me. This is my primary assault weapon with similar traits. Good hunting!
    SmittYWalkerBait1
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    edited April 2016
    Agreed. Epic old frontier. Interrupt 80 + Luck 10 = Interrupt 90 (Does your assault have luck trait?)
    Plus, of course, the highly coveted golden spread, and I'm not talking about butter

Without any cone improvements, the legendary patriot is a distant third for me
    SmittYWalkerBait1
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Epic old frontier first, hands down. 90% interrupt and gold spread. If you have an assault with silver or gold luck, that's 100% interrupt.
    SmittYWalkerBait1
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Epic old frontier +1
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
    WalkerBait1
  • WalkerBait1WalkerBait1 Member Posts: 1,060
    I <3 my assaults! Definitely ur two epic weapons first wide spread trait all the way :D

“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of shit you people don’t know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit, and then some.”

DeadFamily Guilds Leader
    Line Me - WalkerBait1
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3032/the-original-deadfamily-deadfamily2-3-official-guild-thread#latest - Click link for The Original ☠DeadFamily & DeadFamily2,3☠️ Guild Thread☠
    Member of the Empty memorial Club Veteran Survivalist
    Get Ur Dead On!!!!
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Epic Old Frontier, put in the the hands of an assault with Silver or Gold luck and interrupt is 100%
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited April 2016
    @zoson have a question I was told by one of my guild mates that after you upgrade a weapon and unlock the user raits example the weapon is a lvl 14 the last T AIT to unlock is @ lvl 17 does this mean the rifle is now alvl 17 and does thta make stronger just being a higher lvl not including the increase of unlocked critical damge
    zoson
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    Everytime you upgrade a weapon it takes on the damage level of the new level.

A lvl 14 legendary weapon upgraded three times is equal in damage to a lvl 17 legendary that hasn't been upgraded.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

zosonOvidmikel
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @imfgunnut THANX for answering I answered my own ? Lol I had a pic of this rifle before upgraded it shows a big diff never paid close ATTN lol. Looked at a pic and it clearly shows the diff. Stupid me scrapped 2 lvl 14 leg rifles that went to lvl 17 both had 100% gold inteeupt but neither had large bore so I'm not too sadlol
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    edited April 2016
    Definitely the Epic level 16 Old Frontier because of it's gold wide spread attack and combined interrupt of 90%.

Second choice would be Epic level 16 Old Patriot, at least it has silver wide spread attack and 100% interrupt. You could give this to your back up assault.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Old Frontier! Epic traits!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]