I love this event!

Finally get challenges in and still have enough gas to do a food mission or progress in the game.

I think this should be long term solution or so,etching to this effect.
When soft cap comes I quit the game.
DaleIllbrainerGonkistanrgerkmanzoson[Deleted User]

Comments

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I already reached my target of 180, and had 2 days and 17 hours left on the clock when I reached it!
    That means a weekend of raiding ahead of me - 10k added to my crate stash this morning already.
    Walker upgrading underway.

I like this event too :)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Gonkistanrgerkmanzoson
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    Yeah this was an awesome event. I have more than 500k xp in my storage waiting for when my training grounds finishes upgrading. I managed to upgrade both my council and training ground this week. I have my high number of challenge stars since they switched to a 2 a week schedule. I pushed Manor House all the way up to level 22 for 1 gas each even with all my loses (now it is 7 since the event ended).

Someone was complaining in an earlier post that this was one of the worst events. Looking back, I totally disagree. For me, It was actually one of the best.
    Lightfeetrgerkmanzoson
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    while the event itself was great, this is probably the balance the game should have all the time if your planning on keeping 2 challenges, as it did give the time to do other areas, perhaps even if challenges were capped at 3 per challenge normally that would still be ok. it allowed me to do a couple raids, and play some missions and actually get some much needed xp!!!
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    CrazyDSurvivor420rgerkmanzoson
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 127
    there've been much better events so far to be honestly. 1 minute gas, triple xp points for scrapping equipment, survivor event (even though it seems like sometimes this event doesn't work like it should) etc...
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Johnbert said:

there've been much better events so far to be honestly. 1 minute gas, triple xp points for scrapping equipment, survivor event (even though it seems like sometimes this event doesn't work like it should) etc...

Your comment is subjective but has merits. It all depends on ones goal. Getting numbers for clan is current goal.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,020
    I've enjoed the '1 gas challenges' event as well. It's allowed me to see how far I can push my survivors on the challenge map!
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Wasn't sure about this event when it began. Started off doing challenge missions as normal. Later that evening, realized I could capitalize if I changed things up. So for the remaining 3 days, each time I started a session, I did at least 4 XP or deadly explorations before any challenges to take advantage of the watch-a-vid/get 3 extra picks at rec lvl 17 missions. Hate wasting those on rec 3-15 lvl challenge maps.

When I had collected and was down to 1-3 gas, then I started running challenge missions. At the pace I play, I found I could go almost endlessly at 1 gas per. Even with the 30 min cool down, was so easy to pick up stars.

Like others have said, reached my upper star limit quickly and continued grinding. But any time I was down to less than 5 gas, would pop back into the challenge for another go.

In the end, despite grinding first/challenge later, like @SgtSalami I hit my best star total (207) since the good ol' days AND got in over 50 side missions for more than 1 mil XP

The event maybe wasn't a sexy one, but I got everything I could out of it. Weekdays are boring.
    SgtSalami
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    Don't know what you've got til it's gone!
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
    SpringChicken
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Don't know what it is, I did so wrong... @FizzyPinot
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    FizzyPinot
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Not my favorite event, but a pretty good one, I think. It was fun pushing my limits with the challenge. I also liked running through 6 challenges and ending up with MORE gas than when I started.
    masmith93SgtSalami
    They paved paradise and put up a parking lot?
    masmith93FizzyPinotrgerkmanSurvivor420
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    @DoTak You had a good system. I did something similar. I really enjoyed being able to push my limits without worrying about the gas costs. I think I managed 211...I believe I would have gotten another reward under the old system no?
    @SgtSalami
    Yep, 210 was my old magic number before they altered things

Bring on the next weekend event
    SgtSalami