Assault & Damage

So an Assault survivor has 338 damage (as shown in his profile) but sometimes during the mission he fails to kill walkers with 145 health.

Do walkers have a Lucky ability of their own that mitigates damage received? Does Assault class deal damage differently than other classes?
* I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Any walker shot by an assault, hunter or shooter risks the dreaded "Body Shot" icon popping up and the walker not getting a critical hit. You will know instantly if their red health bar stays red as your assualt survivors stays the herd. Unfortunate but a fact of life.
    zoson
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    In addition, you can get bodyshots with melee as well, but it happens less until walkers get +4 levels on you.
    I do recommend taking *two* assaults, so you can catch these types of things.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Great advice @zoson. I always head for the exit when I see the 23's spawn.
    masmith93
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Ok but the disparity between damage and health is my real question. Critical hits do MORE damage than modified normal amount (I thought). So 338 base damage, but deal only 130 damage- what happened? This can happen whether the Assault is hitting just one or multiple walkers.
  • TroubleManTroubleMan Member Posts: 423
    edited April 2016
    @theRealBender I have noticed that as well. Maybe it's like the old D&D game. Your character can do XXXX damage, but that doesn't mean per roll. Critical damage can be above that 'cap'. Just a thought.

Every swing of the bat doesn't result in a home run (critical), nor does it always result in a triple (full damage). Sometimes you just swing a base hit, or out (body shot).
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I always thought of it as, Not every bullet from Assault Rifle actually hits the Walker....

If my Hunter & Assault have same Damage, hit same Lvl Walker.. My Hunter always kills with one shot & Assault sometimes does, but rarely ever.

It's a mass shooting gun.. So of say 30 bullets that come flying out.. Only 10 actually hit the Walker
    Makes sense in my head & only logical explanation... In my head :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Ovidmikel
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    All of that makes sense. But then my Warrior has always killed walkers with less health than his base damage, even when the two numbers were very close. The Warrior never "misses" like the Assaults. As far as shooters & hunters go, I haven't paid close attention yet.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    This is just a figment of your imagination.
    Bodyshots have always had a damage penalty.

I've never seen a critical hit lower than base damage, and I use assaults on nearly every mission.