Is the challenge reward system broken?

The cycle system hasn't even been introduced yet and a lot of people are raiding 1000-5000tg crates/2 gas consistently. Even the lowest challenge reward of 12 stars is 12 gas/1000tg and the ratio only gets worse from there.

In the long run as people catch on to this lopsided reward scheme guild membership and participation will decline in favor of raiding. I for one like my guild and the community wide competition. If balancing issues between tg crates and gas costs aren't addressed the experience won't be as rich.

Just wondering what people's opinions are? Agree that from an efficiency standpoint raid is clear choice? Has anyone dropped their guild or stopped going for the higher level challenge rewards in favor of raids?

Comments

• Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Haha, are you a Hilltop or are you a Savior. reliable farming or ad hoc hunting
  • FizzyPinotFizzyPinot Member Posts: 355
    I get what you're saying Pif, as we had the 1gas challenge weekend it gave me the opportunity to try this out as peeps on here were saying how great the rewards were...there was me thinking no more search again as no one found, no more app closing as I hit raid, no more losing gas or inf...oh yes and the possibility of better returns....

OMG!!!! Nothing has changed on my side of the fence. 500tg win sounds ok, but not when the app closes and I return to lost inf and another 2 gas. When I did finally get to raiding, I did like the new opening page of my survivors stood toe to toe with the opposition though. Would prefer to be able to raid more often however.

Over 3 days I managed 1/3 attacks to successfully start. I'm sticking with my guild and will continue the banter and fun in challenges. Thank you for asking
    yay Z Nation trailer now out for new season!
  • Survivor420Survivor420 Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2016
    I will give u my opinion. I am in a noncompetitive guild. We do ok get a few rewards every challenge, but its nothing compared to raiding. I was slow to start raiding since so many talked bad bout it. I should have started sooner. Results overall have been great. Lately not as good at all. I am having ALOT (8 out of 10) searches that are either 0 tg or very low, under 500. Defenders are getting stronger also. So for that 500 im gonna spend time in hospital. I dont have all maxed survivors so i cant use just any survivor, cause im consistently finding 16 - 17 lvl defenders, my 14 15 get really beat up. I used to win alot, now im barely winning or get murdered. I have done 40 searches before looking for good targets. Usually never less than 20. I dont know how people are constantly finding honey holes. I have gotten a few but far between. I dont like the power lvl system either. I might get an outpost with 60 power and th ey have lvl 15 walkers, others with 60 power have lvl 5 walkers. I really like it overall, i just cant wait for ng to do some updates to the entire thing though.
    OvidmikelOneLessTitanDoraE
  • bubblesbubbles Member Posts: 23
    I assume the TG reward would be given at the end of the "cycle" not after each raid. That gives people the length of the cycle to reach whatever level to get the reward.

But really, who knows. ;)
  • luv2wanderluv2wander Member Posts: 70

The cycle system hasn't even been introduced yet and a lot of people are raiding 1000-5000tg crates/2 gas consistently. Even the lowest challenge reward of 12 stars is 12 gas/1000tg and the ratio only gets worse from there.

If I got matches like you discribe I would agree but I rarely get raids with over 500 tg. I am frequently out matched so only go for the first part which means I get 10% to 40% of what is available. Many times I have done so many searches that I am only breaking even by doing the raid.
    Survivor420
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I find honey holes because there is no defense I can't smash without a trip the hospital. I'll give you a hint on that...Assault>Bruiser....as for the level of TG, it is about climbing the rankings to change who you are matched with and then getting lucky to find a botted version of someone with a ton of TG. You can attack the same outpost over and over and over pulling the cap each time. You don't even have to feel guilty because it doesn't even subtract from the actual player.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Survivor420[Deleted User]
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    edited April 2016
    @Imfgunnut Really?? So winning a raid doesn't subtract tg from the persons total? Are you sure? So if you get raided successfully you don't lose goods? Or is this bottled person a bot account? That must be it right? I have not created a layout yet because my Ipad2 crashes all the time (almost every mission now) and I don't want to be bothered with another game mechanism to work.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    bubbles said:

I assume the TG reward would be given at the end of the "cycle" not after each raid. That gives people the length of the cycle to reach whatever level to get the reward.

This is how it's going to work, yes.

@TheMurphy Well, it looks like you are losing but not losing any trade goods since 26(37?) days ago (when you lost 426)even though you say you have them falling out of your pockets. Looking at the screen shots it seems that even though they successfully raided you you haven't lost any tg. You lose nothing (except influence) and they gain I assume some tg. If you have 42k trade goods in your pockets, they must get quite a bit, yes?

Interesting. So the house(NG) is giving the tg to winners?
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I think that I have lost trade goods when rated. But when I attack the players that have been mirrored as a bot, The amount available to steal never goes down. That tells me that the 5000 trade goods I am taking from them are not being subtracted from their total. Also the names are recognizable from the leaderboard and they are not losing influence. Further when I look at my log my log says I have rated somebody different than the person I am attacking. That person is not in the leaderboard near me, so I think I am attacking a bot player, intended to look like an actual opponent. The purpose of which is to keep me in the outpost.

To be fair, I do not appear in the leaderboard either though my total would have me in the top 65 or so.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Survivor420
    @Imfgunnut Interesting. Thanks for the info.