ENOUGH with 2 challenges a week!!!!

Comments

• JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    1 challenge a week
    @Dale because this is the DTP family and we're on top Globally. Being on top is an addiction.
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
  • SwtdstnySwtdstny Member Posts: 57
    2 challenges a week
    I get 180 stars sometimes 200, and I do battle in raids. I was top 25 global at one time. I'm still on the board somewhere in global I think around 50 now. And I meant legendary gear. I find one the first day or 2 of a new challenge people have more TG than nothing worth battling on day 3. So I like the 2 challenges a week so we can get that legendary gear. Most of my weapons and defense are legendary. So yes I love the 2 challenges a week.
    LadyAquilargerkmandachsurferwubbawubbadewubbapup
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    2 challenges a week
    I do my 220-240 per challenge, am in the top 100 for outposts, have a slew of 17 players in good gear. I play a lot. 1 challenge, 2 challenge. I don't care.

I pay for gas, so time is my only constraint.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRick[Deleted User]Ovidmikelwubbawubbadewubbapup
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    1 challenge a week
    @Dale We are here today because of a competition. If that sperm cell didn't get to the egg first we wouldn't be here lol. It's not like I'm spending my life savings on this game, I'm just saying that before we wouldn't need to purchase gas in order to be considered the best. Now you do. And that's what I believe is unfair. None of this is mandatory. We all know that but why screw up your own game? There have been so many bugs with every update and some still aren't fixed. What's their excuse for that? Adding new stuff that doesn't even work properly. They're in over their heads imo. And those that play this game a lot and score a lot are getting burnt out fast. Of course the new players don't know the feeling bcuz their max stars can be reached in 2 days max
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
  • Zombie961Zombie961 Member Posts: 57
    1 challenge a week
    Well they are WEEKLY challenges but more importantly With cycles coming soon it'll probably be overwhelming to a lot of people to do challenges, attempt to raid, do normal exploration missions for loot, AND do story missions. Not to mention cycling through the same few maps is starting to get boring doing the same missions over and over for the same rewards
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
  • DianeDiane Member Posts: 46
    Summer's coming. 1 challenge a week is plenty.
    Rioland[Deleted User]
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    2 challenges a week
    @lu2282

Hey that's what I said...in a slightly more sarcastic way :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Ovidmikelwubbawubbadewubbapup
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose NML Moderator Posts: 795
    2 challenges a week
    @Ovidmikel You said you liked the two challenges but you didn't vote lol :lol:
    SlickRickwubbawubbadewubbapup
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    2 challenges a week
    @Cherokee_Rose oversight lol I called myself voting lol THANX for bringing g that too my attention
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose NML Moderator Posts: 795
    2 challenges a week
    @Ovidmikel no problem I just wanted your vote to count :smile:
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    2 challenges a week
    I voted 2 since I wasn't around for 1 challenge a week hehe.
    [Deleted User]smokvawubbawubbadewubbapup
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    2 challenges a week
    @smokva

I wouldn't worry about it too much...highly doubtful they change it based on a random poll on this forum...would be different if they were losing players or money but I don't see either of those scenarios happening
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    OvidmikelrgerkmanMissSFXwubbawubbadewubbapup
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    2 challenges a week
    @SlickRick
    I'm not worried about this - whatever NG chooses is fine with me.
    I've actually reached the level where 1 challenge per week may actually be preferable for me because I can go higher than I do.
    Currently, I only have time to get 100 stars. (Although with the way the game has been draining my battery in the last week, I'll be lucky to reach 60 for this challenge).
    I would actually enjoy the extra time to try and work at the more challenging levels.

It's just that I remember what it was like as a beginner and I do think NG's goal here was to make sure the newbies felt involved as well.
    (See? I don't complain ALL the time).

Having said that, the advanced players are clearly not thrilled about this, and I do think that should be addressed.
    I'm just not sure how.
    But I figure if anyone can come up with a good way to make it fun for everyone, you guys could.
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
  • alnodalnod Member Posts: 174
    2 challenges a week
    I like the 2 challenges. You have the option not to play.
    2 challenges a week
    @smokva I solved the battery problem buy using a portable charger they have them at Walmart called pocket juice or most any store carry's some version.
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
    edited April 2016
    2 challenges a week
    @Ovidmikel
    Thanks for the advice, but I don't think that would work.
    The problem has become too extreme in the last week and a half. It is draining faster than it can recharge.
    Even plugged in I would be lucky to get an hour - even if I'm not playing.
    If I am playing I get 15-30 min on a full charge.
    This may be my last weekend of play. :(
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
    2 challenges a week
    @ wow that sounds like your battery is going bad . did you used to have a longer playing time ? I'm no expert by no means lol good luck with that anyway. And keep your fingers crossed on fixing some good higher lvl and hopefully leg survivors. I personally had great luck finding leg survivors the last leg weekend. 1 warrior which was outstanding. 3 leg scouts and 1 bruiser I used only a cple times and never upgraded. I wanted hunters. Like most I'm sure I had no use for assaults either but now that s almost my favorite class once upgraded with upgraded weapons gotta lovem
    wubbawubbadewubbapup
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    2 challenges a week
    @smokva I have learned a bit about battery drain. 1) Make sure all other apps are closed before launching the game. I have one game that still wants to run in the background even after I close it. If I try to play NML while it is in the background, my battery drains and NML is more likely to crash. Always check your task manager for running apps before launching. 2) Rechargeable batteries do have a shelf life. By the time a device is 2 years old, the battery could have lost up to 50% of the power it had when it was new (depending on usage). Getting a new battery breathes new life into older devices (heck, my old device was 5 years old and on its third battery by the time I finally decided to upgrade it). 3) Restart your device at least once a day. Even though you may shut down apps running in the background, system apps are constantly running, caching, and shuffling data around. As hours and days pass, the bits of old data start to clog up the memory, so your device spends more power shuffling things around while sorting through the clutter. By restarting your device at least once a day, you help keep the memory free of old data. Your device has less to shuffle around and consumes less power.

Honestly, based on your last post, I think your device's battery is getting old. My former device was behaving exactly as you described. When I got a new battery and got it to 100%, I was able to play for an hour and only use 3% of my battery. Try getting a new battery before you give up on the game completely.
    MissSFX
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    2 challenges a week
    NOW, back on topic: I hated the 2 challenges at first. However, I have learned how to manage my time. During the three day challenge, I focus on the challenge and use left over gas to do outpost raids. During the four day challenge, I usually max out with one day to spare. So, I spend Sunday working on episodes. Since I am at a place where I have to level up my characters before progressing with the episodes, I spend Sunday doing exploration missions. All of my characters are level 13 at the moment, so I am not as pressed for supplies and XP for upgrades as some of the near maxed players are. It's all about time management.
    rgerkman
    2 challenges a week
    @thebluebox
    All really good advice. However, all tried without success.
    With game shut down, I still get 4-5 hours easy (used to be 8+ before game).
    Trust me, I'm praying the mods will provide a solution (I have a comment in issues). I am so close to 500 deadlies I can smell the gold!
    But I have research projects coming up and I can't afford to have the tablet conk-out during presentations.
    We'll see.
    Signing off... I don't want to hijack this thread.
    But thanks for caring enough to post.
  • NasmNasm Member Posts: 1
    1 challenge a week
    Hello everybody. I'm the leader of España Zombie one of the world's top guilds in the ranks. We fight really hard every challenge to keep and rise our ranking in the list and it's really hard to do it with a double challenge per week... but is true that some people doesn't belong to any guild or just dont play as often as we do and they don't care about the number of challenges per week.

I think that the problem is not about to have one or two challenge per week. The problems is that THE TWO CHALLENGES COUNT FOR THE RANKING and this is an hyper-preassure work for a guild who fight on the top of the list. Maybe a good solution for all the players could be to have one classic stars challenge for qualify on the rankings (global and single) and another new kind of challenge for single non-guild players.

Anyway, if this solution is not possible, keeping two challenges per week decrease the interest of top players for playing for rankings, and in that case they preffer to play only one instead two.
    Clan España Zombie - Solicitudes en www.facebook.com/espanazombie - BUENA CACERÍA!
    Tes[Deleted User]Annette578
  • TesTes Member Posts: 2
    1 challenge a week
    I'm first of Spain ranking. Two weekly challenges suppose expend a lot of time. It' hard compete with people who spend a lot of money so as to compete with those who has much free time. As well as, we have to defend our outposts and play to earn boxes. If we want to update our guns, when can we play experience missions? All of that with a gas tank of 21 maximum...
    Nasm