Cycles Update - Official Discussion Thread

TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
1.8.3. is now live with the new Cycles leaderboards in action. Let us know what you think!

rgerkman

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Do note that if you see players on the leaderboards with their influence not reset, it just means they haven't come online since the update.
    rgerkmanIllbrainer
  • IllbrainerIllbrainer Member Posts: 464
    Nice boost on TG! What I don't like is that you get a whole bunch of TG and have to get rid of it. I am a huge fan of buying 500 golden crates but this is a lot of tapping with 6000 TG.

Is it possible to add a counter to the store? (Buy, say 12, crates at once)
    When will the TG be added? Everytime a cycle is done without opening the game or First time I log in after a cycle is done?

I really like the fact that there is so much movement in the game and new things come quite often!

Thanks for that!

(I WANT MEMES! I WANT MEMES! I WANT MEMES!)
    Leader of WEIRDnDEADLY! Keep Guild Weird!
    Member of the Empty Memorial Club- Elite Survivalist
    Founder of the Lucille Level 18 Club
    Invaderrgerkmanrickrockshard
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Just spent over 60k tg on legendary crates & not 1 Hunter item smh lol
    JodipayneartOrinoDudeZeenarbolton820
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    @Teeceezy whats the score with xp costs on upgrades. looks like NG have made a massive boo boo ?

not only are they ridiculous costs given xp limits, but 20>21 seems is 1.8m xp and you've left the cap at only 1.25.... assume a famous typo, but really
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
    rudjawol
  • drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    should add i thought you got the upgrade process right this time, clear guidance on time, seemed to go smoothly (so far at least) game actually let me in after maint without needing to do update for a while, but actual update was on google very quickly.

All issues we as a community have lambasted you for you kinda got right this time.

The issues you will get lambasted for now, is lack of xp balance, lack of new mission (which could of brought more xp rewards), cost of gas in challenges and exploration missions.

but serious note thanks for listening on the upgrade font.
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
  • JodipayneartJodipayneart Member Posts: 72
    Just wondering why every raid I made in the last 2 weeks has disappeared from my raid list it only shows the really old ones, and it's only the ones I lost for some odd reason I made lots of big raids and they are just gone? Not listed at all showing what I won or anything. I made some raids now it shows those. Is this supposed to be that way? So confused
  • JodipayneartJodipayneart Member Posts: 72
    Ok I went back and looked I should have reset to 2000, instead I reset to 1000 is there a reason why?
    drinky said:

@Teeceezy whats the score with xp costs on upgrades. looks like NG have made a massive boo boo ?

not only are they ridiculous costs given xp limits, but 20>21 seems is 1.8m xp and you've left the cap at only 1.25.... assume a famous typo, but really

Looking at this now. Thanks for the heads up.

• PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited April 2016
    My feed back

1:- You moved the goal post adding more tiers thats a bit off.

2:- The tier reset amounts take the biscuit do you guys play a diffrent game to the rest of us. The highest placed people had like 7800 life time inf and thats since outpost came out. You now expect people to get nearly half that in a two week period to reach the next tier at some levels Really???

3:- In connection with 2 when exactly are we supposed to attempt to get this silly amount with constant guild challenges giving us no respite to play the rest of your game. Seems you are asking players to focus on one aspect of your game only.

4:- The rewards for the effort are pathetic they need at least to be x5 what your offering.

5:- Match Seraching still bringing up 0 & 0 matches over half the time so thats not been fixed.

6:- Minor i know but the horrible raid colour button hasnt been fixed its still day glow yellow for me and burning my eyes.

7:- ive been reset a 1000 inf more than i should have done i should start with 4k its put me at 3, as a player who was previously shafted out of 3.5k inf when the previous bug hit i will let you guess my feelings on this.
    OrinoDudebubblesMissSFX
    Good list of feedback Poppy, thanks.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    jodi said:

Ok I went back and looked I should have reset to 2000, instead I reset to 1000 is there a reason why?

Similar here, reset of influence to 1500, shouldve been 2000, If I read the announcement right.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    edited April 2016
    The last straw for me. I lost 400 influence taking me from joint 1st place to 25th, have spent the last few weeks trying to hold that position but also losing over 10.000 crates I have not able to have the opportunity to redeem them for chance of rewards. Eventually have been working tirelessly to remain around top 50 playing continuously as could only play high end players of around Power level 85 as can't touch the 90's. Went to bed, woke up and am not even in the top 100 as my influence as now been reduced so am have no standing whatsoever. Have tried to raid again about 50 times this morning and no one as influence thus wasting about another 500 in crates. To be honest am glad its happened as this as made me so upset I won't be playing anymore.
    GingaNinjaWanderer2019
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Did the tab to see where I stand with my Guild purposely get taken out @Teeceezy ?
    We enjoyed seeing where we were with each other! Is it now a thing of the past?
    All good if it is.. but wanted to point out incase it was forgotten! :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Illbrainerz3r0d4z3
  • BerndErwinBerndErwin Member Posts: 69
    @Teeceezy:

Great Update, but most importantly: you must imo reset the influence gained in raids back to 30 or 25, most people have Zero and it is impossible to climb up the Ranking
    rickrockshard
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    Influence and cycles are not important when in a single raid you can earn 1000 tg or more.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    If it is to be a competition, there must be influence at stake. Lots and lots of 0s. Not sure how that is factored, but would love an explanation if you're feeling gracious @Teeceezy

Players control their own TG value, so no complaints there. Would like to see more Items available for purchase to keep stockpiles above 0

Matching is different. I get paired with people at seemingly any influence level. This seemed to provide a good variety. Level matching may have factored, but I did take a pile of TG from an outpost defended by a 16/13/10 with my 18/18/17 team. Most match ups were reasonable (I mean not totally unfair for the defenders)

Any influence level matching also ensures you don't get stranded in a no matches found bubble. I like that.

Extra tiers in rankings was a surprise, but makes for longer enjoyment from the climb.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    Please no more raids of 0 tg and 0 influence.
    Swtdstnyrgerkmanbubblestoniboop
  • OrinoDudeOrinoDude Member Posts: 3
    It would have been nice if they gave us more than a days notice about resetting the cycle points. I was at 1925 points and lost the 925. If I'd had known what they were going to do, i'd had gone for the points rather than trade goods.
    Not happy.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    What would you have done differently? Outposts have been out for almost 2 month and we started off at 1000 and in 2 months you gained another 1000 so what would extra days helped? I was reset much more than that not the first time as the rollback took me for 2000 so remember some people got a lot more reset than you. Be angry because you don't like the update but not because you didn't get more notice.
  • UmfUmf Member Posts: 43
    You didn't lost so much, I had more than 2000 points and I've started now from 1000.
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited April 2016
    Since you're new to the forum please read the rules and note the part about not starting threads when there already are existing threads on the subject. It makes it easier for the forum members and the mods and devs to see the info in one place instead of in 100 threads. There's a big sticky on feedback for the cycle update.

The last straw for me. I lost 400 influence taking me from joint 1st place to 25th, have spent the last few weeks trying to hold that position but also losing over 10.000 crates I have not able to have the opportunity to redeem them for chance of rewards. Eventually have been working tirelessly to remain around top 50 playing continuously as could only play high end players of around Power level 85 as can't touch the 90's. Went to bed, woke up and am not even in the top 100 as my influence as now been reduced so am have no standing whatsoever. Have tried to raid again about 50 times this morning and no one as influence thus wasting about another 500 in crates. To be honest am glad its happened as this as made me so upset I won't be playing anymore.

@johnnydives
    Think your self lucky johnny, 400 is a drop in the ocean, i was at the top weeks back and i lost 3500 inf which put me way down with litle chance to recover, now they have knocked me down another 1000inf too many.
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    I've been reset 1000 less than I should have.
    As a player who lost 3000 in the outpost bug last update I feel completely & utterly shafted AGAIN!!
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    Swtdstny
  • canadianlooniecanadianloonie Member Posts: 1
    I was/started on the silver tier. When I first logged in, my influence was reset to 1000 as expected. I did a couple of raids to reach 1054.

But after leaving the game and coming back, I got bumped down to bronze tier with just 200 influence...

• C_LloydC_Lloyd Member Posts: 209
    @OrinoDude I merged your thread with the main discussion thread :)
  • SwtdstnySwtdstny Member Posts: 57
    Was expecting the outposts to be fixed. I spent countless gold fighting to get my influential points up and was at top 20 globally at one time. I log in this morning looking forward to those 10,000 crates which I got but no one has points I can take from them and they only have like 300 TG. I'm not happy and am done spending my money on this game as every time I do you all change something and make it a loss for me. I like being on top, now I can't even get there because all your updates make things worse in more areas than you fix. I didn't realize this was a testing bats game. Because I thought people got paid to try these new games out. It's been nothing but fix this and fix that ever since I started. I've done things as you asked like closing apps, updating my iPad a dim still having the same issues. I feel like the idiot for enjoying it not knowing all this was going to happen sometimes wasting 200 bucks a month on it. Uuugh more frustrated right now than you can even imagine. Lol anyways thanks for the kick in the butt to remind me that I have better things to spend my money on. I'll still play because I'm an addict, but not spending any more of my own money on this game when it kicks me in the tush.
    Defender
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 20
    I was one of those with over 2000 inf, but less than 2500, who got reset to 1000 rather than 2000. I believe what happened is that the old scheme (no multiple tiers of gold, platinum) was used to reset inf and award TG today, and the new scheme will be used to reset and reward TG in 2 weeks time. However that was poorly/outright incorrectly stated in the post announcing the outpost changes for 1.8.3.
    Kalord
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Daz said:

I was one of those with over 2000 inf, but less than 2500, who got reset to 1000 rather than 2000. I believe what happened is that the old scheme (no multiple tiers of gold, platinum) was used to reset inf and award TG today, and the new scheme will be used to reset and reward TG in 2 weeks time. However that was poorly/outright incorrectly stated in the post announcing the outpost changes for 1.8.3.

Yup, exactly what happened to me. I expected to be in the higher reward and lower drop down group. They should have rolled them out as announced, not used the "beta cycle" amounts.
    Thing is the zero TG i get as the person might not have any but how can it be Zero Inf that makes no sense.
    bubbles[Deleted User]