Double bruiser damage as an event????? Lol

Comments

• InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Shut_Up said:

@invader I looked back at your thread about the weekend events I didn't see anyone as you say "blaming you for whining."

You might read it again...especially the part with the "negative nancys" from a user whos complaining here right now too :wink:
    ggbatsSurvivor420Kalthor89
  • Doc_PughDoc_Pugh Member Posts: 91
    Haters gonna hate. I'm gonna be lovin' this!!
    Sappy187
    Doc_Pugh said:

Me too...I have three well equiped bruisers :blush:
    ggbats
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    zoson said:

Seems like an experiment:
    "What can we do to make them use bruisers."

Agreed. One of the mods said as much on a previous post, something about watching all the game stats when they have an event. Obviously keeping users engaged and maximizing their profits is always their ultimate goal. I think some of the events are for testing their own infrastructure as well...what happens if we cut the gas refill time in half?
    ggbats
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,690
    I like this event too even if i consider bruisers more useful to fight saviors... And the actual challenge has only few saviors
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216

zoson said:

Seems like an experiment:
    "What can we do to make them use bruisers."

Agreed. One of the mods said as much on a previous post, something about watching all the game stats when they have an event. Obviously keeping users engaged and maximizing their profits is always their ultimate goal. I think some of the events are for testing their own infrastructure as well...what happens if we cut the gas refill time in half?
    I'm all for them doing this type of research. It helps them identify what they can't do, what they can do, and what they must do. Also tells us they're actually trying to fix bruisers. I can get behind that sentiment, although I think scouts should have been looked at first due to being completely obsoleted by warriors once you get a warrior. At least bruisers are useful in outposts still. Scouts are just... Not useful.
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    edited April 2016
    Next weekend event! All characters dressed as clowns!

Oh wait, I just checked the event thread. It's not even double bruiser damage across the board. It's in challenge missions only! LOOOL. The ultimate troll lol lollullululul.
    That is excellent.

The jokes aside, I have found that bruisers are actually very effective against melee saviors. This challenge doesn't have any ranged ones. Even without the double damage I would rock 3 bruisers this challenge if I had them.
    Inch forward, overwatch, stun saviors for 2 turns, move on. The walkers will clean up the rest.
    zosonLadyAquilaggbatsSurvivor420
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    edited April 2016
    -insert face palm pic here-

(I still want to know why I have to charge my bruiser to stun, but enemy bruisers stun without charge)
    I like Zombies!
    Jenny[Deleted User]zoson[Deleted User]
    Exactly, @TheLostOnes! Double damage on the weakest class doesn't help much. But adding some reward/benefit to using them would have helped. Double Damage/Double XP would have been a better event. It's already restricted to challenges only, so it's not like people could abuse it. And LOL on the tomato paste. :)
    TheLostOnes

Double damage on the weakest class doesn't help much.

You underrate them...they are very handy in raids :wink:
    Sappy187
    You're right, @Invader, bruisers do have a place on a raid team and against human rivals in challenges. Still, it's not much of a boost since their value comes more from their ability to stun 2 turns than the actual damage that they inflict. For this weekend, they will be like a scout who can stun.
    Survivor420
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @PapaSmurf My bruisers stun without charging, even with bats lacking concussion trait.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    Well, l don't know about you guys but l am going to dress both my bruisers as rosita and go all caveman on the challenges, shame they are both guys but what do you do ?
    ggbatshottexas
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    I have never used a bruiser once in this game
    Johnbert
  • Doc_PughDoc_Pugh Member Posts: 91

Next weekend event! All characters dressed as clowns!

Great idea! @jester will be really excited about this!!

InvaderLadyAquilaraton
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    They could have at least made 25x XP points for any Walker or Savior killed with a bruiser.
    ggbatsSurvivor420TheLostOnes
    Ok so this is not a joke ... then suggestion by @Ovidmikel would have made it worthwhile. More XP for bruiser kills. Otherwise I don't have time to waste on it when it takes forever to raise 2.35M tomatoes for just one of 4 building upgrades I need. Using bruisers takes more time and I gotta whip through missions & challenges.
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Like you guys , I'm kind of baffled behind the reasoning for this event , I don't have any bruisers past level 13. It got me thinking though .. MAYBE , just maybe they are wanting to see how Bruisers with more damage affect star count before a possible future de-nerf of the bruiser class? Anything is possible..
    LadyAquila
  • ggbatsggbats Member Posts: 210
    Their trying to put bruisers back in the game, and that's a good thing.
    Survivor420
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Wow I seriously woke up to see this sh!t???? Going back to bed wake me up when this ridiculous event is over smh
    Survivor420
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    I want the clowns event right NOW!!! @Teeceezy
    Survivor420InvaderJohnbertlimeyjohn
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636

You're right, @Invader, bruisers do have a place on a raid team and against human rivals in challenges. Still, it's not much of a boost since their value comes more from their ability to stun 2 turns than the actual damage that they inflict. For this weekend, they will be like a scout who can stun.

I just use Assault for stun in raids. Peek around the corner with hunter so I can target them with Assault, stun everyone, destroy with hunters and mop up with assault if anyone is left. Bruiser would be useful on some maps, but seems like most people I raid have the rural setup with ranged defenders behind the double row of sandbags. Bruiser would be dead before he got to them to stun.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

zosonDeadBeat
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    I've got upgraded legendary bruisers, but really only upgraded them for fun lol, not like I ever use them or ever will, I realize events are a privelage that ng doesn't have to put on & appreciate them, but this is f***ing ridiculous, not only did we just have an update but how helpful is this event actually??? Not anywhere on this challenge does a bruiser come in handy? But everyone's trying to build & grow their camps,survivors,gear,outposts etc from this update again that you'd think that ng would give players a helping hand with that? Even though I'm a spender but especially for the non spenders to catch up & with the new cycle feature, tbh I think a lot of players were hoping that ng did their usually thing & celebrated their new update with a radio event or something useful, well at least we had a remotely bug free update so I guess they had to give us the BRUISER BUG, wtf??? Smh
    SlickRick
    @lmfgunnut You sure? Bruisers can have 1500+ health and then factor in iron skin, retaliate, dodge & luck. I will try it just for fun :blush:
    Survivor420
  • Survivor420Survivor420 Member Posts: 103
    I think they are trying to sell more lucilles. That event is allmost over so theyre tryin to get people to use bruisers. And when u use that bruiser you say to yourself, this weapon isnt good enough, i need lucille. Maybe they sell a few more over this weekend. Is what i think their reasoning is.
    LadyAquila[Deleted User]
    @PimpOfTheDead Glad you used punctuation this time. I was able to read your (longish) post and I liked it :smiley:
  • FormerlyFormerly Member Posts: 5
    Doc_Pugh said:

@CLOSURE shut this guy down.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    I bet the event for next weekend will be 2 for 1 saviors deaths.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Ovidmikel
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Well . . . I do have lots of legendary bruiser gear. Time to see if it does anything . . .
    ggbats