What l like about the game

I sure am seeing a lot of doom and gloom posts today , but l for one love this game. I much prefer the slow pace as opposed to instant grattification you see in other games, sure they want our money but so does every other game out there. The weekend challenges are for the most part fun and even the outposts are worth doing .
For a older gamer like myself who does not have the skills for most PS3 games this is just about perfect
[Deleted User]Ovidmikel[Deleted User]SlickRickTheLostOnesSurvivor420rgerkmanmcbkhicks

Comments

• TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,121
    I love the game! I love that I was able to store up trade goods so that I can spend them now, when the update is here and I'm in desperate need of food and xp. I love seeing my survivors level (although I'll be saying goodbye to some of them this update... sniff). I love working for progress and earning extra crates for watching videos. I've been working my butt off at the Saviors challenges and really enjoying that too! And I am really looking forward to building that next food plot when my council is complete!

Yes, there are things that I would like to change, but overall I'm still enjoying the game, and still playing.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    There are indeed some great things about this game. I agree with both posts above as well. But the frustration that a lot of people are feeling is that it seems to get less fun to play as you advance because of the game economy. It should be getting more fun, and NG could fix it, but for some inexplicable reason, they haven't made much progress in doing so in the last few updates.

I will continue to play. But I won't spend money trying to level up.
    MissSFXDonCoqui
  • Survivor420Survivor420 Member Posts: 103
    I like this game. I love my wife and kids. I will never "love" any game. But i understand what ur sayin. I think its the emotion that gets people. I love this game so if u say anything bad about it im gonna take it personally. Let me know when ng puts u on payroll. I think it is basically people grouping themselves. The us against them thing. You tell me one way people complaining about game affects u. Everyone complains about something, sometimes. Right now you are complaining bout someone else complaining. Im complaining bout u complaining bout someone else complaining. In ur logic no one could ever say anything negative bout anything. And nothing would ever get better, when no one complains bout problems problems dont get fixed. I think i pay too much in taxes, well move to china then since u hate u.s. my wife snores, well love her or leave her. Theres potholes that damage my vehicle, well dont drive then, walk everywhere snce youre gonna whine bout it. I think its more about controlling speech and thought. You dont like a certain post dont read it. You dont like me, fine you can think whatever you want bout me or anyone else. But u dont get to control my thoughts or speech. You dont get to cyber bully me because u dont like something i said. This is a forum where people come to discuss the game. No one likes every,thing thats said on here, you can bet people havent liked things u have said. But people let things go, cause we are here to play a game, not point out everything we dont like about each other. Since people love to give out free advice on here i will give some of my own. Serenity prayer. Learn it, love it. One of my favorite quotes i say probably once a day to myself, "life isnt fair, people dont act right, get over it".
    ggbatslimeyjohnCapletonMissSFXrgerkmanDeanTWD
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    This is my first foray into the online game app world and while there are lots of frustrating bugs and I agree with the XP inequity complaints overall, I really enjoy the game. The developers may spend too much time on making the game "pretty" versus "functional" but it is a solid game. I like trying to perform at a higher personal level today than I did yesterday. I'm not interested in being in the #1 guild or having more influence on my Outpost than anyone else, but I sure was happy to get my 240th challenge star this morning when 224 was my previous best. People that don't like the game can always stop playing. I don't do anything that frustrates me any longer. No one else should have to either.
    ggbats
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Survivor420

That's a pretty epic rant for not even being attacked or tagged by anyone in the thread...in fact it seemed like a pretty mild thread until you went off the deep end...you might want to heed your own advice on the whole "Serenity Prayer" thing lol

P.S. You might want to invest in some of that stuff that your username implies :)

@NCDawgFan

You're spot on as usual buddy!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    limeyjohnSurvivor420rgerkmanHittenyouoff2
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Thanks @SlickRick. I guess my brand new level 18 survivors have me waxing poetic today...
    @NCDawgFan

Yeah they give you that extra jolt...I know the feeling :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    Hittenyouoff2
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    @Survivor420
    I have no earthly clue what you are talking about, in no way, shape or form was l ranting, just saying that l love ( platonically if that helps any ) the game.
    SlickRickrgerkmanHittenyouoff2[Deleted User]
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I criticize a lot, but I still play because I still have fun with it. And i will spend money (again) if something comes along that is priced right.
    I also agree with @LadyAquila that they've made a game that gets less fun at the highest levels when it should be the other way around. Or maybe the fun is the same but the frustrations are higher lol.
    Back from 2016 :p
    MissSFX
    @limeyjohn . Yeah i should apologize for that. I did go off on a rant that had little to do with you. Just a bunch of stuff on my mind that i apparently needed to get off my chest. Im sorry for taking it out on u.
    ggbatsDalelimeyjohn
    @SlickRick mr. Positivity that allways has something negative to say. Being smart and being a smart arse are two different things. Actually i was thinking of u when i wrote some of what i wrote. And i wasnt even mad. Might have sounded like it cause i tend to speak bluntly. I got problems just like u. My point is we arenot here to discuss each others problems. I could flame u and tell u what i think your problems are, but thats not why im here. Why are u here? So you can talk smack behind your computer screen about people you dont know. Positive attitude? Im positive ive seen you over and over make smart passive aggressive comments with your holier than though im better than you attitude. You want to know what kind of man i am come see me, we can talk it out over a beer. You actually made my point without even knowing it. Ask me how if you dont know. If anyone including you wants to discuss the matter thats cool with me. I will discuss.
    SlickRickrgerkmanggbatsDeanTWD
    @Survivor420

First...if you want to say something to me tag me...you obviously know how to do it.

Second...the fact that you're the first person in 38 years to call me negative tells me everything I need to know about your outlook especially considering you don't know me at all...I've chatted with a lot of people on here and several are in my guild and they know me better than you...so ask @AzBewbs @NCDawgFan @PimpOfTheDead @lmfgunnut @DarkFae @Hittenyouoff2 @walker_say_what what kind of person they think I am...if they agree with you then okay maybe you're on to something...but I don't feel I've ever attacked or cyber-bullied you or anyone on here nor am I "hiding" behind a computer screen...I'm not scared of anyone on the internet nor am I a hard person to find.

Third...why you have such a problem with the way I post tells me maybe you need to look into a mirror and worry more about yourself...I could understand if I've done something to you to provoke such vitriol...but the fact I haven't and when you look at what you posted in the context on this thread should tell you something...I didn't prove your point because I wasn't one.

Fourth...I prefer to help people on here when I can and yeah I make jokes and smart a**comments at times...I've told you before if you want to be negative do you...I don't really care and to each their own...we're complete polar opposites in how we approach things and will never see eye to eye...so to keep going round and round is a waste of my time and maybe yours....so post your stuff and I'll post mine and we can leave each other alone.

Best wishes with your gaming!!
    Hittenyouoff2rgerkmanAzBewbs
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    @SlickRick lmao love ur comment (using the term love) lol I love this game as well (using the term love) I love my vacation I'm on (using the term love) oooo boy it's just a term ppl use... U still cool with me (n can we all just get along n love the world) lol yea I know I used that term love... But in different forms anyways...
    SlickRick
    @Hittenyouoff2

Thanks buddy...and I'm glad you're still loving your vacation :) Good luck with The Factory...and don't forget to use your bruisers haha
    Hittenyouoff2
    @SlickRick what happened to killing them with kindness. Im glad to see u taking that mask off. I will go point by point since i said i would discuss. I usually avoid this stuff, but you are an interesting person. Im not bein smart im serious.
    First. My original comment wasnt meant to be spoken to you. You were just partly inspiration. I didnt want it to be directed to a single person. I didnt want to get into personal b.s. Which is why i didnt tag you or anyone else in it. I had some thoughts in my head i needed to get out. I apologized to o.p. not because i was talking to him, but cause i was wrong to dump it in his post. There were plenty of other places i could have done it. Gonna break this up now
    But wait.... theres more
    @SlickRick second. Stop with the chest thumping. I really got you upset. It sucks not being able to control a situation huh. Im not insulting your manhood. Im not insulting you at all. I will let ur comments speak for themselves. I am not here to carry torches for the villagers to burn you at the stake. Im not here to convince anyone one way or the other about you. You know how a person cheating on their spouse is allways accusing the other of doing things? You are attempting to create drama amongst the forum members. Fact is on more than one occasion you have made rude and unnecesary comments to forum members. Negative comments. I didnt mean to say ur negative person in general. I have seen you make plenty of positive comments. What im saying is ur attitude towards certain people, like me, has been negative. Some of your comments have been negative. Im not here to judge what kind of person you are. Im just sayin, truth is truth. When you make a rude or negative comment to someone when you didnt have to say anything at all what is that? Tough love?
    rgerkmanDeanTWD
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216

Just strolling by.
    Dale[Deleted User]SgtSalamirgerkman
    @SlickRick wow. Third.im suprised more people dont call you out on it actually. Probably cause most people just dont want to step in the pile of shat stinkin up the forums now. I think everyone should have a problem with it. You dont like a certain group of people, you call the whiners. You have gone on multiple posts calling names and trying to publicly shame people into feeling bad about saying according to you negative things about ng. So in your mind you get to tell others what game details they get to discuss, or how to discuss them. You have rallied your posse and the line has been drawn to where there are now 2 sides to every discussion. Whiners against, i dont know what do u call your side? Control issues are a mother. What if we replaced the whiners with a different group? What other groups of people would it be ok for all of us to make fun of and call names? Oh wait a minute. Were not here to make fun of people and call each other names, i allmost forgot.we are here to discuss the game, thats right. So when someone comes to the forum to complain about game they are doing what ng created this site for. When you come on here being rude to people you are doing what ng does not want to happen. Which is why they put it in forum rules. Matter of fact, there are several different areas of the forum. This section is for discussing the game. There is an off topic section also. You and your gang can go there and talk all day long about the whiners or whatever other group of people you want to see as your enemy. Oh you proved my point oh yeah. You just dont see it. But you didnt ask.......
    rgerkmanDeanTWD
    @Survivor420

This is the last I'll ever message you because you obviously don't get it...you're the only one creating drama and issues where there were none...I don't know if you're paranoid based on what your username applies or what the deal is but I honestly could care less what you think about me.

I'm not chest-thumping, mad, trying to control anything, creating drama or whatever else you're trying to twist this into...you obviously don't get sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek remarks...Jester and I say stuff like all the time to people but you're the only one who has ever got their panties in a wad over it...even my friends and guild mates have read this thread and can't figure out what is wrong with you or what your obsession is with me.

I've never had a problem with you until these recent posts when you start attacking me and trying to speak like you know me or what I'm thinking...my original post after your rant was meant to be funny and sarcastic...again it was the context of your rant in this thread...I've never messaged you directly or singled you out to be an a**hole...and I would think if I've been rude to someone else on here that they would say so instead of you being the only person ever to bring this up.

If you want to keep stalking me that's fine...although not my cup of tea I like females...otherwise I won't tag or message you anymore so as to not offend your precious sensibilities.

Good luck with your gaming (among other more pressing personal issues good lord)!!
    rgerkmanSurvivor420
    @zoson

This guy is like crazy obsessed with me I don't get it...you've been around longer than me...has this ever happened to you??
    rgerkman
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122

@limeyjohn . Yeah i should apologize for that. I did go off on a rant that had little to do with you. Just a bunch of stuff on my mind that i apparently needed to get off my chest. Im sorry for taking it out on u.

So you took it out on SlickRick instead? wth?

As zoson points out, this thread has been totally derailed.

TheLostOnesrgerkman
    @limeyjohn

Yeah I apologize for what happened to your thread man was not my intention...I just don't like not defending myself for someone going off the rails against me for no reason...either way my bad and if you want we can get the mods to close this since I said my final peace
    limeyjohnrgerkman
    Whew. Fourth. How am i being negative? I guarantee you will find more posts of u making negative comments to forum members on here than you will find of me complaining bout this game. I discuss, i ask, i talk, i rarely complain. Bout this game anyway. How are we complete polar opposites? Lmao. You know me so well to say we are complete polar opposites. Do u even know yourself that well? I bet we have more in common than you think. You have taken a side against me because you think i am one of "them". Them is different to different people. I love your last sentence. So you post your stuff and ill post mine. Yes! Thats it exactly. You get to make your comments, i get to make mine, and neither of us has to listen to anyone make rude comments about their personal feelings about ourselves. Yes what a great idea. And that was my whole point. You made it personal because u wanted tomake it personal. We are here to discuss the game. Not point out each others poblems. We all have issues. I even liked or agreed with a couple of ur posts, no personal beef with u. I just want u to stop shattin on the forum. Now u didnt believe me and im suprised since u know me so well. I was serious with that offer. Come visit me. You like bbq racoon? I know u like rabbit in white gravy with big steamin buttermilk biscuits. Mmmmmmmmmm.
  • DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 584
    Time to move on to the next thread. Slow down if you drive through here... Children playing on the street.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    @Teeceezy @Alibaba @eetu

I know I'm not the OP and maybe he'll ask too but is there anyway to close this thread? Please I'm begging you...and if there is a way to block specific users from showing up on your view of the forum I would love to know how
    rgerkmanSurvivor420
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,784
    Ok, it looks like this thread has run it's course. Closed.
    rgerkman
This discussion has been closed.