Morgans staff does not stun

JewishJewish Member Posts: 160
Bought it this morning for the sole purpose that it says it has area stun. Well I've tested it and it in fact does not stun. The description given to this weapon is extremely misleading as I never would have bought it otherwise.

How do I go about getting my money back?

@Alibaba @eetu

Best Answer

Answers

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,489
    edited April 2016
    @Jewish, what level is your bruiser and what level walkers are you trying to stun?

I tested it out on my level 17 bruiser and it's working fine, for regular walkers, raiders and armored. The Fatties you can't stun regardless if you have the staff.

If the level of the walker is greater than the level of the bruiser you will get body shots, body shots do not stun.
    z3r0d4z3
  • JewishJewish Member Posts: 160
    @zbot Yes mine is a level 17 bruiser. Have not tried it on walkers under my level yet. But that's still rather misleading. If I had known from the start that it does not effect normal walkers above your level, then I would have saved my money.

Unless I have missed it, it should state it doesn't work on walkers above your bruisers level.

Don't think I'm being unreasonable in trying to get my money back on a misleading weapon purchase.

I really appreciate your response, especially at the weekend.
    @jewish, again, it's not the staff, it's the bruiser. After the bruiser was changed a while back, bruiser do not stun walkers that are +X levels.

z3r0d4z3
    @zbot Was that mentioned in any updates as I don't remember reading that?

So basically are you telling me I got no chance of a refund?
    Thanks for a speedy response
    Well lesson learned. I won't be spending any real money on this game again.

Thanks for your help
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    It is a bruiser weapon that hits multiple targets. You get up to three stunned opponents if your bruiser gets the stun by not landing a body shot. Decent mechanic improvement for bruisers. Doesn't take bruisers to prime time, but it does help keep them on rosters.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 580
    Jewish said:

Well lesson learned. I won't be spending any real money on this game again.

Thanks for your help

@Jewish
    You don't request a refund directly from NG. If you are on an iOS platform go to the iTunes AppStore and request your refund there... from Apple. I imagine Google offers the same if you are on Android.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
    @imfgunnut

No, he's saying stun only works on walkers the same level or below your bruiser. Making it pretty worthless.
    ggbats
    edited April 2016
    @jewish, not sure what happened to my original response but bruisers were changed back in January 2016 with update 1.5.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I think they just took away 100% stun. You have the chance to stun on any enemy up to +2 of your level. I think it was +3 of your level where the chance becomes 0.

Whatever the actual math or whenever they did it, I remember the outcry about the unannounced nerf.

The weapon in question greatly improves bruisers, a class many report as being unused.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Illbrainer
  • KaiseroKaisero Member Posts: 28
    Yes for a refund if it is less than 24 hours it is sure that apple will get this of your bill