I raided all day yesterday

I tried to pay the cycles as intended. I really did try. I searched and raided all day yesterday.

Since influence and trade goods are at a premium at the top of the rankings, I took what i could get. 200 trade goods here. 5 influence points there. Tons of gold spent on hospital time and gas. Made my way up to the top 15 in the world, close to 3400 influence. I figured I might be able to have a go at the next cycle.

Woke up this morning and realized there's no chance of that happening now.

Five people raided me a total of nine times over 8 hours while i slept. No tg lost, but about 75 influence down the drain. Took me all day to get about 100 influence.

I won't play outposts anymore until you fix the shields, the matchmaking and the influence lost and gained.
toniboopSmittY[Deleted User]Scared_DeadVintage_BullGonkistanAoratosArxilmfgunnutSlickRick

Comments

• DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    Don't forget about the Gas. If I don't reset the game after every raid it get disconnected. Well there goes 21 influence and 2 gas for trying? @jester I think you need to talk to the dame at the campfire and upgrade your shields
    Scared_DeadGonkistan
  • SpankySpanky Member Posts: 41

Same issue with shield not activating, 3 attacks in 3 hours before it did go active.
  • blaher86blaher86 Member Posts: 71
    Yeah I am in the same boat....there is an ongoing forum about it...bro if you see other people lost, you would be happy about you lost...imagine getting raided 5 time and losing 2k tg all the time...
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    I spend it like it's the end of the world. Never have more than 500 tg on hand.
  • blaher86blaher86 Member Posts: 71
    This is not mine but needed to capture how lucky you were
  • DavidLam256DavidLam256 Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2016
    Shield doesn't work properly since outpost came out anyways...
    A shield is one thing but really your defense is a bit too low to stay up top, that is why you are an easy target mate. Mine isnt that high but ppl paid lots to visit me.
    I'm at around 3200 now and it takes lots of raids to gain 75 influence really.
    Ign: David
    Guild: No Cure
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    Lol. Thanks for the advice.
    SlickRick
    @jester they determine ur defense by ur total power on the top left too so when u maxed out ur walker pit & walker's lvl ppl will consider again too. Good luck ;)
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @jester

Yeah your defense sucks! You don't even know how Outpost works you noob :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    jester[Deleted User]Survivor420
    @SlickRick ur def sucks too lol jking. Gratz on rank 1
    @DavidLam256

Yeah mine definitely sucks lol...thanks man but get ready to watch me drop though...it's inevitable...luckily I don't care :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    DavidLam256Survivor420
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited April 2016
    Outpost went from being fun and semi-fixed (even a possible farming solution to endgame xp balance issues) to being completely broken again and not worth playing and not a word from staff.. I really don't get this , seems like everything outpost touches turns to poo
    jesterSlickRickLadyAquila
    edited April 2016
    @Japes87

You're being too kind...I would call it a steaming pile of poo...or better yet I compare it to the poop meteorite from Joe Dirt...and we're all dipping our french fries into the ketchup and eating it by continuing to play it :)
    Japes87
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    Just tried outpost again hoping I could hit someone who had cashed in the 5,000 TG from the community prize, but same results. First 10 or so had 0 TG or thereabouts. Then had to take on one that was almost out of my reach and got 273 TG (minus the roughly 100 TG it cost me to search) and three survivors in the hospital for 2 hours. Not really worth it.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    jesterBLACKNORTHSlickRicklmfgunnut
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    The extreme shortage of trade goods to raid seems to be a case of poor trade good economics.

My guess is trade goods are being redeemed faster than being generated, so this leads to a scarcity of trade goods for raiding. Unless this problem gets fixed, outposts won't ever work. NG needs to find ways to allow players to increase trade good production, and also give players very good reasons to keep trade goods in their outpost versus redeeming them. If you don't do one without the other, there will be a continual shortage of outpost trade goods to raid.

I'd recommend the following suggestions:

1. All rewards, including quest, challenges, accomplishments, and after mission rewards be awarded in trade goods instead of actual goods. Chests can still be used for after mission rewards, only they would offer a varying amount of trade goods. This will vastly increase trade good availability. A player can still redeem the trade goods as they do now. The trade good redemption store can act as the lottery to determine if the player gets various rewards, as it does now.
    2. Always have a good selection of highly valuable, high cost rewards available in the trade good store, such as Lucille. In a similar vein, consider including some discount for bulk purchases, such as 10 gold chests for 4K trade goods. Give players good reasons to stock trade goods to save up for big purchases.

If the vast majority of people just redeem trade goods quickly after they get them, outpost and raiding economics will never work.

In addition, the "0 trade good/0 influence" search result needs to be filtered out so players don't see it. That result serves no purpose other than to frustrate players.
    OvidmikelSurvivor420
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Don't see it? Don't see it?? These 0/0 search results cost 10 TG each!! They shouldn't even be searchable!

Also, you can "stock" TG without them being available for raiding by not claiming Challenge rewards.
    Back from 2016 :p
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 271
    @theRealBender We are both saying the same thing on the 0/0 results. They should never come up at all.

There's really no reason that challenge rewards should not be rewarding to the player right after they are completed. There is no surprise to those 1000 trade good rewards. Just credit them to the player immediately after the challenge objectives objectives are completed.
    You have some good ideas - hopefully they'll figure something out soon. Some of those games I see in the videos look worth a try lol
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    I approach the outposts with the following strategy:

1) Raid only those with at least 400 TG to loot. That usually takes 10-20 searches, so my net gain is 200-300 TG minimum.
    2) If someone has a low outpost score (30 or less), 0 TG, and at least 15 influence available, I go ahead and hit them.
    3) I upgrade my Outpost and Walker Pit in my normal building rotation. I upgrade my walkers. I am a little OCD and like having everything at the same level, so my walkers will eventually be the same level as my Survivors.

I started doing this before cycles began. My current Power Level is 54. My Prestige is 1075 (I still focus more on challenges than I do on outposts). I raided 9 times in the last 48 hours. I gained roughly 7000 TG and 255 influence. I was raided a total of 3 times (2 were an hour apart when shields should have been activated) for a total loss of 26 influence and 0 TG. I spend as soon as I get. For the most part, I am not a desirable target. The greatest loss was 18 influence in one shot. I still came out way ahead.
    That's a good method but 2-300 TG profit is not worth the time for me. Some of those raids take 6 minutes to complete. If i pass them up, then I'm in 100-200 TG profit territory and that's horrible. (Matchmaking is more level-appropriate now). Those ones that take longer I'm also coming out bruised.
    Survivor420
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    10 raids at 2 gas a raid might net you 3000 ish trade goods at current state of affairs. If you log off briefly or take a game break you will most likely be hit a couple times and lose some of that.. unless you're playing strictly to build influence (the two week cycle reward values aren't really worth that effort imo) it makes much more sense to use the gas on deadly farming missions.
    Survivor420
    edited April 2016
    My average tomatoes from unlocking 6 crates on the level 13 Exploration mission is 20K (mine give me base 8900 reward). My average, for the gas, from opening gold crates from the Trade store is less.

And perhaps 2-300 TG profit from 3-5 minute raids is good. Just doesn't seem that good so far.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    @theRealBender what you see as a negative is actually a positive for me. The fact that the raid missions take so long helps me extend playing time. Plus, silver crates yield 4 gas fairly often. So I may start with 4 gas, and with earning gas, and trading a few silver crates, I can play for over an hour.

Still, with the system broken right now, it's not so fun.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I made it to number two globally before I came to my senses. No more cash investment until the promised protections are in place.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

SlickRick
    @lmfgunnut

I'm with you my friend...they can push the Outposts all they want...but it's like a used car salesman trying to sell me a Yugo with a broken transmission...no thanks :)
    KaitlynSurvivor420
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    SlickRick said:

but it's like a used car salesman trying to sell me a Yugo with a broken transmission...no thanks :)

@SlickRick If the transmission is okay on the Yugo would you take it? :)
    SlickRick
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    @jester Been there and bought the t-shirt myself. There was a brief period of time where it seemed to be worthwhile, but the wheels came off in terms of the amount of work needed to get nowhere, almost makes XP costs looks reasonable ;) And the bad intel. Ugh
    @Perdtin

Haha that's the million dollar question...I would suppose so because the Yugo is amusing at times...I wouldn't spend a lot of time in it though :)
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Dominations and clash of Clans have TG equivalent raids of like 1000-10k per raid as default. They need to inject more trading goods into the system. A lot of trade goods get immediately converted to equipment and scrapped for very little XP. This neither helps farming because the XP scraping to so low and when you immediately convert TG it drains the system very fast

In Dominations and CoC you can actually raid tomatoes and XP directly. Maybe they should do this??

@eetu