How many phones do you use to try for new survivors?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344

I have been doing 1-phone calls for the past 3 weeks and the miraculous occurred. I received a legendary survivor with a 1-phone call. Yes she is a bruiser and is missing dodge but she is gold so I'm counting this as a NML miracle. Has anyone else had this happen? How many phones do you use to call in your survivors and what were your results?

How many phones do you use to try for new survivors? 70 votes

I do only 1-phone calls because I'm daring.
1%
[Deleted User] 1 vote
The middle ground is the ground best traveled so I only make 5-phone calls.
0%
Anything under a 15-phone call is a waste of time.
70%
z3r0d4z3AmigazosonJeromejacobwiedhatAysatyoPetgabriel_lwhDeadBeatshabbaPapaSmurfSpipmanLadyAquila[Deleted User]Cherokee_RoseDegreaserJohnbertmatcap我是云云GovernatorPimpOfTheDead 49 votes
I do a mixture of all 3 depending on how many phones I have and how lucky I'm feeling.
24%
VerbaubNeil_JDutchbrotherKlorelTessy276Avalon8antmasmith93InvaderSpartanOvidmikelFurginatorKyrusDtownwhaler213snarfbotTanaya 17 votes
None of the above and I'll explain the method to my madness in my post in this thread.
4%
rgerkmanPerdtinTheLostOnes 3 votes
TheLostOnesWalkerBait1

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    I do a mixture of all 3 depending on how many phones I have and how lucky I'm feeling.
    I save mine for the weekend event (usually) and call out with 15s unit I have 20 left, Then I use 5s. Never had any luck with the 5s though. Congrats on Yasmin,
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    As above - 15s till I get below 15, then a 5 or two, then 1s. I might skip the 5s though if i either feel lucky or need some xp. Ipulled a lvl 16 Leg Assault with a 1 yonks ago - my first legendary, in fact.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @masmith93

Thanks but I think finding her was just blind luck though.
    CrazyD[Deleted User]
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Think I got roughly 990 phones saved up so far, but usually only make 15 calls on radio events only now, either I get lucky or I don't but next event I only want to use 300 to 400 phones max but hopefully less if it's my day or not lol
  • gabriel_lwhgabriel_lwh Member Posts: 454
    Using 15 call option eliminates common and uncommon survivors, but you have a high tendency to pull rare ones.

All 10 of my legendary survivors were pulled from using 15 call option.

If you need XP badly and have a huge stash of radios, then 1 call option is good while hoping to get lucky.

IGN: Gabriel
    Member of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    I only do the weekend events. I missed the last event so I have around 550 saved for the next.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    i dont make calls anymore for the past few weeks to save phones for the weekend survivor event.. But if i will ever do again, it will just be 15 call. it doesnt matter if i get rare, epic or legendary. as long as it has higher max level than the ones i already have..

Ovidmikel
  • Cherokee_RoseCherokee_Rose Moderator Posts: 794
    Every legendary that I have has come from 15 radio calls on increased legendary and epic weekends. I am saving until the next event.
    SgtSalami
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    None of the above and I'll explain the method to my madness in my post in this thread.
    Not sure if I should have gone with mixture or this. It really is a mixture, but rarely 5 radios. I will use 1 radio to try to get a high starting level one or two star as a placeholder. That is the only way I have gotten 15/16 starting levels, but with my survivors at the 17 and 18 levels now, less appealing. Will still do occasionally for S&G on the off chance I get lucky. My first legendary was a one radio call way back when I think. Have not had the luck since though.

I do not wait or save up for radio events really. Had not been worthwhile. If I need a survivor for whatever reason, I will pull. Whether for not having one with a high enough cap, etc. Pulled an 11 of 19 assault Epic the other day. If I get radios during the event I will try them, but really non-starter for me.

And then there is how I feel aspect. Let's say I have 21 radios and I am bored, want to give it a whirl. Will do a 15, 5 and 1.
    TheLostOnesOvidmikel
    @Perdtin

That's pretty much my method as well I have three hunter 1-star max 18 placeholders ATM. I haven't seen an Epic in ages though and have given up making 15-phone calls. Maybe I might try 1 or 2 if we get another event and I can get enough phones in time but not before then.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I mainly only use 15 R & save them for the Event... I do 1 RC when I need a few extra XP to do an Upgrade or just because I'm bored & need something to do lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    TheLostOnes
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    I follow this 4-step approach. First, I...

1) ...do some 1-radio calls, get disappointed and force myself to save up to make 5-calls instead. Then I...

2) ...do some 5-radio calls, get disappointed and force myself to save up to make 15-calls instead. Then I...

3) ...do some 15-radio calls, get disappointed and force myself to save up for the radio weekend event instead. Then I...

4) ...do some 15-radio calls at the event, get disappointed and say: screw it, if is what I get, I might as well try my luck with 1-calls. Then I... (see point 1).

At the minute, I'm at the later stage of step 3, eagerly awaiting the next event.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    rgerkmanLadyAquilaOvidmikelSlickRick
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I have about 300 right now. I won't use any until.we have an event. I am happy with my survivors right now and nothing but a legendary will help my crew. I feel the 15 calls give me the best chance to make this happen. Let's hope NG follows up last weekends lame bruiser event with the radio call event.
    Ovidmikel
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    For me (and other players approaching a maxed camp), anything under 15 is a waste IMHO.

However, I think lower level players should use 1 radio calls. These survivors won't be around too long, so why waste 15 radios on a guy who will be retired soon. Save your radios (and 15 calls) for when you can get survivors who will stay with you for a long time.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I'm closing in on 400 saving for the next event. Hope it's this weekend. I occasionally burn 1 radio calls looking for the last XP I need to start an upgrade.
    NCDawgFan said:

I have about 300 right now. I won't use any until.we have an event. I am happy with my survivors right now and nothing but a legendary will help my crew. I feel the 15 calls give me the best chance to make this happen. Let's hope NG follows up last weekends lame bruiser event with the radio call event.

It is the scout event. Yup, it is arriving :)
    [Deleted User]
    DarkFae said:

@Perdtin

That's pretty much my method as well I have three hunter 1-star max 18 placeholders ATM. I haven't seen an Epic in ages though and have given up making 15-phone calls. Maybe I might try 1 or 2 if we get another event and I can get enough phones in time but not before then.

So was in bored night mode. Lame 15 radio. Lame 5 radio. One Lame one Radio. Getting close to call it a night, got a radio. So why not. 8 of 18 Legendary Bruiser. Go figure. :)
    DarkFae said:

@Perdtin

So was in bored night mode. Lame 15 radio call. 6 Radios left. Lame 5 radio. One radio. Okay a one radio lame call. Just ran another trying to get stars challenge run. Got a radio. Getting close to going to sleep. Figure, maybe get a 16 of 18 to fill it spot. Nope. I would like to introduce you to Law (Yes, that was the name as pulled) who has now been a member of of merry bunch of ne'r do wells for almost three minutes now. Go figure. :)

@Perdtin

That bruiser is an amazing 1-phone call find and the fact that he maxes at 18 will mean he will be useful longer. Congratulations!
    MissSFX
    @DarkFae Thanks. Yeah, I think I have had 2 or 3 Legendary one radio calls. And also Epics. I worked one of my Bruiser up to 18 to get Morgan's Staff. And have Lucille Base 17 (via TGs, tried again when they bought it back, but no go.) I love retaliate on Warriors and Bruisers. I have been trying to work in my Bruisers again on things after leaving them on the sidelines for months. Having some fun mixing and matching to break up the standard teams and spice it up.
    Ovidmikel
    edited April 2016
    @Perdtin

I would like to have had that staff but I missed out. Still trying to save up the 3.5 million soups to get my training ground updated so that I can get one of my survivors up to 18 so I was only able to get a Lucille at 17 myself. I like running an all bruiser team during the earlier missions of challenges in order to take my bad days out on spawn somehow it seems to be more gratifying beating the crap out of the spawn and talking trash at the screen while I do it than just shooting them lol.
    OvidmikelPerdtin
    I wasted 3-15 radio calls this morning after learning that this weekend's event was not increased epic/legendary radio calls. One epic scout 10/18 which I don't need and two worthless rares. Shame on me for wasting radios like that.
    @LadyAquila

Scouts with high dodge can still be of some use like as a stand in on a warrior team if one of your warriors gets put in the hospital. I hardly ever use mine but I still like scouts for some strange reason. Can't hardly ever find gold gear for them but I still like them.
    Actually, @DarkFae, I agree with you. I like a high level scout with good dodge, interrupt and retaliate. I sometimes use one like I would a bruiser before they were nerfed, just get them to the front to take a hit. I just already have a legendary maxed at 17, and an epic 18/19, with a third that was a clone of what I picked up but already leveled up to 14.
    [Deleted User]
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    I used 315 phones just 20 minutes ago. All of them on 15 level calls.

I didn't get what I wanted...a legendary warrior, but I'll the shooter works as my best was an 18 Epic and a 16 legendary. These three were the ones I didn't outright reject. I may use the hunter to replace the epic 17 I keep in my outpost. The second shooter...I dunno, may not level him.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

WalkerBait1
  • WalkerBait1WalkerBait1 Member Posts: 1,060
    I said 15 per call but not agreeing the 1 or 5 pulls is a waste some I know have got lucky tho sure it's a small percentage that have :D

“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of shit you people don’t know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit, and then some.”

DeadFamily Guilds Leader
    Line Me - WalkerBait1
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3032/the-original-deadfamily-deadfamily2-3-official-guild-thread#latest - Click link for The Original ☠DeadFamily & DeadFamily2,3☠️ Guild Thread☠
    Member of the Empty memorial Club Veteran Survivalist
    Get Ur Dead On!!!!
    edited April 2016
    @lmfgunnut

Wow! Those are some great finds too. I would love to start replacing my max 16's with some max 18 or 19's. Congrats.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @lmfgunnut -- I'll gladly trade you an epic max 19 warrior with retaliate for your max 18 legendary shooter. Or I'll give you a max 19 leg warrior (no retaliate), but i figured the epic with retaliate is better.

I feel like a kid trying to get my Jose Canseco rookie card.
    Ovidmikel
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @OneLessTitan I'd make that trade for sure. @NG code this for us please.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

[Deleted User]