Shields not working

Comments

• SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @lmfgunnut

To me this is like hitting 240 in the challenge and then waking up and you're at 200 lol
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I got hit 5 times last night. So happy to see reporting this is helping so much. So I guess I can look forward to 6 attacks tonight and 7 tomorrow. I just hope they don't start walking off with more the TG's and Glory points :(
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Previous bug: Shield was always up and players never lose anything.
    New bug: Shield is always down even if it says up and players are punished heavily.

:|
    SlickRick[Deleted User]
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    I just lost a raid and dropped 30 influence points. That sucked.

I guess my not using bruisers has me unfamiliar with how they work, but do they typically get three round stuns? Retaliate should also be disabled when the attack that prompts it is s stun. My assault stunned a shooter and bruiser, the bruiser retaliates with a 3 round stun so they both stand there stunned. I use my hunters to dispatch the defending Hunter. On the next round my assault is still stunned so I can't back him up and the only attack possible for either of my hunters puts them directly next to the bruiser...forced cover...I do it and attempt to drop the shooter, but the attack also hits the bruiser prompting retaliation, but he has Morgan's staff so it also renews the three round stun on my assault. Great. So now I'm down to one Hunter. I take another shot on the shooter, a body shot of course. The shooter and bruiser together dispatch my assault. Next round I shoot them both again..body shot again on the shooter, he's barely alive but he is alive. So the shooter and bruiser drop the stunned Hunter. Now it is Hunter against bruiser and shooter. Drop the shooter, no problem, but I'm running out of rounds. From behind comes a line of lvl 20 walkers, the bruiser comes around with another 3 round stun and it's over.

1. What is with 3 round stun?
    2. What is with retaliate working while stunned
    3. Why did I lose 30 influence to an opponent worth 4?

DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

@zoson

Your analysis was perfect lol!!

Do you ever feel like we're in the bizarro world of NML sometimes like I do :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    zosonLadyAquila
    @lmfgunnut

I've seen similar situations to that and was curious as well...like I said above I think Outposts have turned into bizarro world...up is down, black is white, bruisers are the best, @DarkFae is happy with all of the bugs, etc..
    rgerkmanLadyAquila
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited April 2016
    @SlickRick

No I'm not! I hate being f**ked over just as much as the next person, but what can I do about it? Nothing! So what other good can I do but to highlight the fact that it's happening so that others who are getting screwed over too can complain loud enough with me to actually get something done about it. I'm black and already far too aware of how unfair life can be I don't need Next Games to illustrate that s**t for me.

Oh and now we gotta deal with shields not coming up as well as shields that did activate getting broken. So I guess Next Games wants me to get pissed enough to have a reason to shadow ban me if that hasn't already occurred. I hope I get pissed enough to walk away first because if you are wiling to take money from people you should at least deliver what you promise. Treating people like this is very nasty and bound not to lead anywhere good. Was looking to try and figure out how to get a Morgan pack but most likely will be looking to get refunds from both apple and google soon instead.
    @DarkFae

I wasn't dogging you for hating on the bugs lol...read my post more carefully :)
  • blaher86blaher86 Member Posts: 71
    Same here woke up and lost nearly 1500 tg...got mad and just spent all my tg on gold crate
    Between my own failed raid that cost me double what my best victory has lately scored, and the repeated dings for 14-17 a shot, I'm now back to where I was yesterday...minus the few hundred gold I spent rushing recoveries.

I like outposts. I like being on the leaderboard, but my efforts result in expense without gain.

Tapping out till they fix the shields, explain how influence works, and make sure that every raid provides some reward if won...especially since there is no indication of what you are risking when you go in.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

I got raided 3x in a row and I didn't even bother to raid other bc if YOUR SHIELD IS ACTIVE and IF you raid someone YOUR shield will go away. So when I got raided I saw my shield active was ongoing for over 6 hour and when I woke up it still show shield active with 1 + hour remaining but I still got raided 2x...
    @lmfgunnut

It would be smart if they could somehow suspend Outposts/raiding until they fixed the shield problem but we both have been around long enough to know that's not going to happen :)
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I was trying to save up for a level 18 Lucille...I know I was a fat target. I expected some level of loss. 10% is one thing, but 30% over and over again makes that tough!
    SlickRick
  • RylanRylan Member Posts: 1
    Same problem, it's crazy !!!

Disgusting by the game...
    @Rylan ...dude you got the worst out of anyone I see so far...I feel your frustration
    edited April 2016
    I feel like @PimpOfTheDead personal punching bag. I have been hit five times in a row by him. In just those five attacks he has completely erased six hours of constant raiding I did last night.

I have reported this bug again in the in game help system and requested compensation for the gold that the bug is costing me or has cost me.

I got hit again while I was asleep 3x in a row...NG please fix the glitch...luckily I learn about the glitch and use all my TG
    @lmfgunnut

Yeah I think I'm done with the raids it's a waste of time at the rate it's going...plus I found a nice secret in my "testing" yesterday...I'll PM you later about it
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I waited until today because of the weekend in Finland thing , but why haven't the staff addressed this or at least commented ? Even
    @zbot rook the time to make the report to them .. if this is working as intended and we no longer have shields , fine but just communicate that to us. It's not the changes or bugs that drives me nuts with @NG it's the lack of communication with the player base to ease confusion.
    Jenny
  • GreyWolf_IAGreyWolf_IA Member Posts: 89
    Shields definitely NOT working. Earlier today my outpost was hit, then less than 3 hours later it was hit AGAIN, while the shield should have been up.

Worse - both raids got the same amount of TG stolen ... I would have had fewer TG in storage after the first raid since I had not logged on between them (was asleep for both) to collect the outpost, so second raid should have had fewer to steal. Which means system does not update our stats after a raid, they keep using the cached value at our last logout. Which is just great, because put those two together and if raiding starts to become more common it will be possible to log out with 20k and come back to find yourself CLEANED OUT.

This stinks. Especially since the system keeps forcing me to collect Challenge rewards rather than leaving them cached. TO prevent it I have to log out and force stop the app, then restart but after a couple missions it force-prompts me again. QUIT IT.
    @lmfgunnut - the three-round stun would be from a bruiser weapon that has a gold level Concussion attribute on it. Adds 1/2/3 round stun to the weapon. You'll notice Neegan's bat has it, as an example, as does a couple of pipe wrenches my other bruisers are using. ;)

Morgan's staff is a unique with a feature no other bruiser weapon has: a sweep area similar to a warrior weapon with no Wide Arc attribute on it, allows the bruiser to hit all 3 squares in front of them. If only it had a silver or gold level Concussion on it, would be freakin sweet ... also would be more "Morgan" IMHO.
    Oh, and add in my issue with the game losing connection every 3 minutes, causing me to lose the raid and get dumped back to camp ... yeah, I give up on this system until they fix it. I have lost over 300 TG plus the gas on raids I started, then got kicked before I could finish them. Now I get hit multiple times while sleeping because "shield? LOL!". SMDH
  • haleyhaley Member Posts: 26
    When will this issue be fixed? Seems like it's been a constant problem since the beginning of Outposts... But they can't fix it? Just happened to me this evening.
    @GreyWolf_IA my Lucille only adds 1 round of stun...

If I was seeing a 2 above his head, I'd say shucks he got me. With a three I'm left wondering what kind of bug I'm seeing.

Also, since he was able to stun two survivors the next round, he must have had the staff, which doesn't come with concussion

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Do bruisers come with swift strike? Maybe that could account for 3 stun.
  • Noprogamer16Noprogamer16 Member Posts: 38
    I got hit time and time again and I don't raid. I won the 5000, turned my game off for a couple of hours and lost 3600 of the 5000. Pictures are possibly out of order, but they were consecutive in the short time me frame in which they were raided from my outpost.

@lmfgunnut I'm pretty sure the '3' turn stun was explained that it was just a visual issue caused by a stun from overwatch, and that they're really only getting two full turns of stun.
    SlickRick