EQ low level Issue

masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
So this has been happening for a few weeks and now I will document - and I encourage everyone else to do it as well.

I have level 15/16 hunters. This is what I pulled from the cinema about an hour ago:

Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
This space intentionally left blank.
z3r0d4z3

Comments

• z3r0d4z3z3r0d4z3 Member Posts: 80
    Same here. Feels like they deleted the fix when they had the 'deadlys in challenges' issue.
    ***open to everyone***
    'leathernecks'
    Uncle Sam's misguided children
    you know who you are.
    Semper Fi

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @z3r0d4z3 Post screen shots.
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Aren't the common and uncommon junk supposed to be garbage in every way though, I mean whats worse to me is being player level 44 and going on those runs of 500 gold crates with one after anothe Green Rare gear that sucks, sucks and also sucks. Is the idea supposed to be the random garbage is scattered thoughout the fictional realm and then you light up when you finally get that yellow LEG? Hell I've been a nonstop addict for 5 months and only just finally got my first golden pacman. Spent way to much $$$$ too. But I figure I'll be dead at any time and I likey this freakin game. You think thats why they do that with low level gear, just numbers? I'm not for sure why either.

z3r0d4z3
    Ok masmith will do. One nub question, how can i just reply to a comment on here. I don't see a link for it. Thanks
    ***open to everyone***
    'leathernecks'
    you know who you are.
    Semper Fi

• GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    z3r0d4z3 said:

Ok masmith will do. One nub question, how can i just reply to a comment on here. I don't see a link for it. Thanks

there should be a "quote" link at the bottom of each post
    z3r0d4z3
    @SmittY yes, they are sCrap, but when I do come across the rare piece of epic or legendary, it's usually the same - several levels below my highest level suvivors. I'm posting what I get to make the point.
    TheLostOnesz3r0d4z3SlickRick
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    My issue is that I cannot get the Cinema to work without the game rebooting and taking me back to my camp. I watch their midless propaganda then no chance to claim the prize. This has been an issue for a LONG time.
    z3r0d4z3
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I think the rewards from the cinema are based on the same recommended survivor level as the Gold trade good crates (and I assume silver). When I get a gold cinema crate, it's the same reward as TG crates. I know that doesn't actually help you get better equipment, but it's just what I've noticed.

@masmith93 -- What is your player level?
    z3r0d4z3
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @masmith93 I have the exact same problem. And have you noticed that the crappy gear often comes bundled together? As in, if you watch 4 cinema adds in a row, you either get 3-4 pieces of crappy gear or no gear at all (which is much better).

Even the food and XP rewards are below one's level at the cinema. When I play lvl 17 recemmended (my lvl) exploration missions, the boxes give me 4,000 food or XP. The cinema gives me 3,300.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    z3r0d4z3SlickRick
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I agree. In my experience the cinema gear seems to be at the same level as TG gear, usually crap much below my current level. I also think @SmittY is right that we are supposed to get crappy gear. That's what keeps the appeal of the game high. These FTP games are all based on the principles of gambling. If you get a good award all the time, it would become boring. It's the gambler's "high" that comes from a good award that keeps us all addicted.
    SmittY
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    PS: @OneLessTitan I'm collecting stats over number of gold/silver tickets during this event, will send your way when I have a significant number (not on content, just number of gold, silver, bronze after each mission).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    z3r0d4z3lmfgunnut
    @OneLessTitan 42, edging 43.
    edited April 2016
    @masmith93

The good news is that you should see an increase in equipment from TG gold crates when you get to 43 (if your results are the same as mine).

At 43, I started getting 15/16 rare, 14/15/16 epic and legendary. That's not quite the levels you are probably looking for, but at least it's more scrap value!

My next equipment upgrade came at level 46 (my current level). Started getting 16/17 rare, 15/16/17 epic and 15/16 legendary.

I also got food/XP increases at level 43 and level 45.

Edit: @TheLostOnes -- Awesome! That's all the info I need; I'm just going to do an overall percentage of gold/silver crates. And you don't need to send bronze counts; save some typing time and let my spreadsheet do the work for you!
    masmith93z3r0d4z3
    edited April 2016
    @masmith93

Just to show that my cinema vid rewards seem to be similat as yours at the same player level, here's the equipment I got (not a lot of data here since I watch these vids once a day at best)

Player level 41:
    Bronze: 13/14 (1 star), 12/13 (2 star), 12 (3 star)
    Silver: 15 (2 star)
    Gold: no data

Player level 42:
    Bronze: 12/13/14 (1 star), 12/13 (2 star)
    Silver: 14/15 (2 star)

Player level 43:
    Bronze: 13/14 (1 star)
    Silver/gold: no data

Player level 44:
    Bronze: 13/14 (1 star)
    Silver: 13 (3 star), 15 (2 star)

Player level 45:
    Bronze: 15/16 (1 star)
    Silver/gold: no data

Player level 46: no equipment data yet
    masmith93z3r0d4z3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I'm a player level 49 and just found this:

I have three level 17 and one level 15 shooters. TBH I never even paid attention to the base level of the 1* & 2** gear harvested at the cinema rewards screen because everything 1* & 2** (with the exception of my placement holder survivors) gets scrapped at the rewards page.
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964

@masmith93

The good news is that you should see an increase in equipment from TG gold crates when you get to 43 (if your results are the same as mine)

@OneLessTitan I just hit lvl 43, have opened only 5 TG crates so far, but noticed the slight increase already. I had hoped that every player level increase would bring up the rewards. Sorry to see not quite true. The same old range of gear was getting stale. At least for now, I have something to look forward to when opening crates. (And I say that knowing I'll still flush most of it, but at least it will be slightly better turds that hit the sewer main)

masmith93OneLessTitanz3r0d4z3
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    NCDawgFan said:

My issue is that I cannot get the Cinema to work without the game rebooting and taking me back to my camp. I watch their midless propaganda then no chance to claim the prize. This has been an issue for a LONG time.

@NCDawgFan I have this problem so often I gave up watching the videos. Very frustrating.
    I like Zombies!
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @OneLessTitan It's great you are spending time & effort collecting & analyzing data when instead all the devs have to do is spend a few minutes a day communicating with the players. Funny how your role as a player & customer is more helpful and valuable to me then they are. What this means is if you recommend a game to me I would try that game before trying another game made by these same devs.

That said, I want to warn you about making conclusions based on data taken from just your own account. I find it highly unlikely reaching level 43 unlocks some floodgate to equipment in any part of the game. A much more likely reason is a tweak was made behind the scenes around the time you reached level 43. Also more likely is that you don't have sufficient data (yet) to make sound probability-based conclusions.
    Back from 2016 :p
    masmith93z3r0d4z3
    null
    Thanks
    ***open to everyone***
    'leathernecks'
    you know who you are.
    Semper Fi

@theRealBender

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't really have any suggestions for other apps; other than this game, I really only play WSOP poker and Simpsons Tapped Out.

I think I have been pretty clear by saying "this is what I've found", and not saying "this is how it is." I don't think I implied a floodgate of better equipment at Level 43; I would hardly say an increase in one level of equipment at level 43 is a floodgate. I'm fully aware of my small sample sizes but will keep sharing what I've experienced to hopefully find out if others are finding the same things.

My wish is that the NG devs would be more transparent. Posting drop tables and other info would make help players with their expectations, and I don't think that is unreasonable.
    TheLostOnesz3r0d4z3