weekend event food for thought

The in addition part, extra unlocks reduced to 15 gold bars, does that mean that most of the tickets are geared to drop after you spend 15 gold bars? Hmmm

Comments

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    "Event starts Friday 05:00 UTC.
    Start grinding now"

Errrrr....I don't think so!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • tunkytunky Member Posts: 538
    @Neil_J yea sometimes i wait til friday to even start the challenge depending on what the event is
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I think the best advice the last time this event came around was don't burn your free video plays unless there is a gold chest still to be won, and don't spend your gold unless there are 2 guaranteed gold crates in play.
    InvaderOneLessTitanmcbkhicksz3r0d4z3[Deleted User]
    @LadyAquila i dont spend gold for crates at all, i dont start using the videos until im at 30 stars per that map
    tunky said:

dont start using the videos until im at 30 stars per that map

Yes, if you are playing challenges, don't burn them on the lower levels for sure.

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited April 2016
    @eetu (seeing as you're about)
    By mission, does it mean story, exploration and challenge?
    The word 'mission' could be taken several ways.....
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Wait for it.....ary!! Where's that censor??
    tunky
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @Neil_J It says ALL missions, so if that doesn't include challenge, story and exploration, they have some 'splainin to do.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    tunky
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @tunky

Who knows if they will change when the gear is coded to drop.

From my missions where gold crates were available (194 total gold crates), 34% of them dropped in the 1st 3 opened crates.

From my missions where gold crates were available AND I used a video to open the crates after not getting gold from the first 3 (57 total gold crates), 44% dropped in the 2nd 3 opened crates, and the other 56% were in the final 3 crates (I can only assume they were in the final 3 crates as I didn't use gold to open those crates).

Take it with a grain of salt since this is a small sample size, but the early trend is that the gold crates are evenly distributed between the 1st/2nd/3rd set of crates.

I know this doesn't answer the question in the OP, but at least it looks like we have a fair chance at gold crates if my results are consistent with actual drop rates. Hopefully they don't change things up on us.
    TheLostOnestunkyVintage_Bullz3r0d4z3

@OneLessTitan I'm a huge fan of your stats!

Ditto. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    tunkyOneLessTitan
    @TheLostOnes @LadyAquila

Thanks for the kind words! I'm obsessed with Microsoft excel; I track too many aspects of my life with it...

I've only been tracking things for just over a month (since player level 42, now 46). Some of my older data is incomplete; but now I screenshot every reward I get from mission crates and TG crates...along with info like type of mission, building/player levels, etc. then I'll input the data when I have time. Once set up, the spreadsheet does most the work for me.

I try to shed some light on any questions that people have, and that I have info on. If you, or anyone, have other questions, I'll be glad to see if I have the data to share.

I only wish I had a 2nd device to play a new account on so I could get some data for the earlier stages of the game.
    TheLostOnestunkyz3r0d4z3
    @OneLessTitan love stats you should do a stat thread, in my guild chat i talk about people should know how many tomatoes they average in a 24hr period, like i average 380-400k in 24hrs without using tg for crates, i know this varies per player as it depends on when they achieve or trash a quest, but my quests show up at 1pm eastern time, but yes definitely appreciate the stats, i think a stat thread would be appreciated by many
    OneLessTitan
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @tunky What level are your farms? 5 or 6 plots? My 5, level 9 plots, product 264k/24hrs
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    @masmith93 ok first let me say the 380-400k i get in a 24hr period isnt just from farm production, its from production and what i get by doing missions or maps whatever you want to call it, but doesnt include if i use tg to buy gold crates. But i have 2 lvl 10, 3 lvl 9, and 1 level 7 farm plot
    @tunky -- Thanks! I've been thinking about doing a compiled thread of stats and game logic, but i'll have to do it when I'm up late some night since there's a limit on the # of characters you can use in a post...and I'm kind of wordy so I'd need to start a thread and make the first 5 posts or so.

If you want to check out any of the data/stats I've posted, here's the main info I've posted:

Crate Drop Rate Data: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/8600/crate-rewards-my-drop-rate-data

Wall Walker Drop Rate Data: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/8591/wall-walker-rewards-my-drop-rate-data

Radio Call Survivor Data: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/8526/survivor-upper-limits-clarification-please/p3 (this is at the bottom of page 3 and top of page 4)
  • z3r0d4z3z3r0d4z3 Member Posts: 80

@TheLostOnes @LadyAquila

Thanks for the kind words! I'm obsessed with Microsoft excel; I track too many aspects of my life with it...

I've only been tracking things for just over a month (since player level 42, now 46). Some of my older data is incomplete; but now I screenshot every reward I get from mission crates and TG crates...along with info like type of mission, building/player levels, etc. then I'll input the data when I have time. Once set up, the spreadsheet does most the work for me.

I try to shed some light on any questions that people have, and that I have info on. If you, or anyone, have other questions, I'll be glad to see if I have the data to share.

I only wish I had a 2nd device to play a new account on so I could get some data for the earlier stages of the game.

You should use Bluestacks on your pc to get a second game going.
    ***open to everyone***
    'leathernecks'
    Uncle Sam's misguided children
    you know who you are.
    Semper Fi

• TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @OneLessTitan Have sent you data from 120 missions to your inbox -- let me know if it came thru.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.