Personallly Recommended Levels for each Episode Versus the Game's Built-In Recommendation

WolfegarWolfegar Member Posts: 38
So, I was wondering . . .

We all know that the game suggests a recommended level for your survivors for each mission. What level would you suggest the survivors be for each of the episodes? (Presuming your suggestions are different from the game's suggestions.

Comments

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    It seems like most players think you can easily win with survivors one level below the suggested level. During the challenges with my 3-man level 18 survivors, I expect to beat up to level 20 with ease, level 21 with some difficulty, and then the 22's are extremely difficult (if not impossible, especially the armored and fatties).
    Avalon8jester
  • LibertyJaneLibertyJane Member Posts: 8
    I've been able to make it through being 1-2 levels behind on each episode, but I didn't keep track of my level on each. I think it would also depend on your equipment though. If you have upgraded gear, you'll be able to stretch the gap out further.
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    I usually run epic survivors or better and can beat 2-3 levels ahead of the recommendation with upgraded gear.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

The algorithm is set to really up the ante when you hit +4 from your survivors level. For me its level 22 where it gets bad. If it takes 2 shots (and sometimes 3 shots, thank you body shot), to kill a walker even with great gear, it gets tough.
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    I typically call +2 a good safe zone for all activities. Traits > raw mumbers often times. If you are running maxed out gear and nearly maxed survivors (within reason) then you shouldn't have much trouble with +2.
  • WolfegarWolfegar Member Posts: 38
    Thank you for the interesting responses everyone.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Lvl 22 armored walkers can take 8-9 shots from legendary 18 hunters with legendar upgraded rifles. They can also put you into struggle from full health. Everything before that is cake
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

It seems like I am seeing less level 21 and more level 22 walkers in the challenges, almost like the skip a level. And don't get me started on the level 22 fatties either @Imfgunnut. 8000+ health? Forget about it...
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    i guess it all depends on the weapons, i find that using lvl 17 surv with lvl 20 gear can get me trough lvl 20 rec, so its a mix.
    Also maxed out survivers got all bonus, where a lvl 17/19 is missing one.
    Maybe lvl 18/18 surv with lvl 21 gear can beat lvl 22 but its still going to be close.
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    NCDawgFan said:

It seems like I am seeing less level 21 and more level 22 walkers in the challenges, almost like the skip a level. And don't get me started on the level 22 fatties either @Imfgunnut. 8000+ health? Forget about it...

you need to loose one star at 36 stars. on purpose.
    36 stars is lvl 20 rec
    38 stars is lvl 21 rec
    39 stars is lvl 22 rec

so if at 36 starts you loose one, you can get 2 or 3 at 38 stars.
    @shahbaz, great points. I think the math of the game shows us a good player with good gear should be able to win +3 levels up from their survivors. Its at +4 where the wheels tend to come off the wagon. Another huge factor is just how many walkers you have to kill/evade and are you in a confined space when you do battle. A herd at +4 is going to overwhelm pretty much any player and if you sprinkle in some armoured and fatties at +4 then it is all over.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    When I started, I relied on some of the videos so I knew what to expect with each mission. What I found is that several maps were made more difficult by the time I got to them. Example, Ep 9.4 - the puzzle. The original map did not have a tank around the first corner. But NG added one, so I had to level up my eq and survivors in order to pass that level. I came across several maps like that.

I agree with @shabba - I'm maxed on my suvivors. But I have a level 15 hunter with a level 18 maxed rifle, he does pretty well against lvl 18/19 walkers.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.