Deadly Missions: What should have happened?

Fortunately, I'm proud to say I'm not familiar with survivors dying. Today I grew a pair and tried the deadly challenge one last time. 3 survivors left, only 2 came home :(

Jennifer got in a struggle. After saving her, she body shot a wounded walker and it got her. Then my game froze (1st image http://imgur.com/a/ZCOlm)

I force closed, restarted the game... The walker was eating Jennifer!

Maggie and Glenn were left to finish on their own. If I tried to flee, one would die (I'm sure Glenn would have died so Maggie could live). Fortunately, I finished, and received my most expensive star.

Is this normal?
Currently <51st in Global Top Players

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,754
    edited December 2015
    If you flee, they won't die. Just injured and no star.
    zoson
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2015
    If you flee in a deadly, you are forced to leave behind a survivor. Consider him/her as dead.

If you flee while a survivor is in a struggle, you will be forced to leave behind ANOTHER survivor, essentially killing 2 of them in one go.
    zoson
  • thecoltythecolty Member Posts: 152
    edited December 2015
    @jester in a deadly???

@JRDman yes...

To clarify my question: what happens after a survivor dies? The mission ends? The remaining two go on?
    Mission ends, immediately just like normal missions, but instead of suffering heavy injuries, you lose the requisite survivors. :)
    @JRDman So I guess my game glitched? Look at my photos. Jennifer is dead on the ground, mission is still going
    Hmmm weird. Let's wait for others to enlighten us. :)
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    thecolty,

That is weird as far as what happened with the mission continuing. I have always thought/heard that the mission ends. I would hope this would be true. esp. on a deadly.

Feeling your lose.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    edited December 2015
    I've fled on deadly missions and didn't lose a survivor. Maybe I glitched too. But good to know that's not an option now.
    Also, I've fled while two were in a struggle. They both died, but the third made it out unscathed.
  • pullfrontpullfront Member Posts: 156
    The mission doesn't end, I've lost three in one foul swoop
    Thank you all for making this game so fun!
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    A Deadly Mission can end in one of the following ways:

1) All Survivors are incapacitated or dead. Whole team is lost.
    2) Player flees. Any Survivors in a Struggle are lost. If none are in a Struggle, player needs to choose one to sacrifice.
    3) Player gets to the exit, with all three locks opened, with all living survivors. You can't exit without rescuing any survivors locked in a Struggle. Once they die, you can exit.

From old goth
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    What Necroboogie said ... B)
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    pullfront said:

The mission doesn't end, I've lost three in one foul swoop

Ditto that. :'(
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    edited December 2015
    @Necroboogie
    So, according to this, if one survivor dies you just keep going? I was only confused since my game froze when Jennifer died.
  • ZinZin Member Posts: 64
    That's pretty much it
  • To keep going is the best solution because if you manage to finish the mission you only lose 1 survivor instead of 2 or potentially 3 plus you get to salvage gear.
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    I just lost an epic scout in deadly. He was down and being eaten but my other two survivors still had to make it to the exit. They did - thank NG that scouts are a dime a dozen so easily replaceable.
    Felecia
    Adamantium
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    I've been doing more and more deadly missions in the hopes of scoring better gear.

Been very fortunate not to lose any one yet. But it's been close.

Just to clarify,

If one of your survivors goes down during a deadly mission, does just that turn continue and then the mission ends or does the mission continue no matter how many turns it takes as long as survivors are still alive?

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    If one dies, you keep going. At anytime you can flee, but you will have to select one of your remaining survivors to die.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,307
    I am nearing my 300 deadly missions and not a loss so far. However I don't try any farming on deadly missions. Just open boxes, kill what comes in my way and of to the exit

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Sorry to be bumping an old thread but it seemed like the best place to ask my questions since they are basic questions about deadly missions.

I've completed several deadly missions (got my reward for completing 5 of them). I've had a mission where everyone died. I've had one where one only died. Otherwise, they seem to be surviving.

But I think I'm missing the point of deadly missions. I don't see an "Increased chance to find better equipment". I've gotten legendary equipment but it wasn't on deadly missions. So far, I haven't seen anything that makes them worth the risk.

It is just a way to kill off your people instead of retiring them? I'm at the point, both in my current episode and a previous one I'm playing in hard mode, where I can only take two survivors. Which means I can pick up another person, which means giving up one I have. (well, I have saved up enough gold so I guess I could buy another slot.)

I know which people I'm willing to give up so I've been sending them on deadly missions in the hopes that they will find this better equipment instead of just retiring them. But they continue to survive while finding nothing of interest. Am I missing something?
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Your luck has just been bad. Deadlies have a *significantly* higher chance of giving gold cards.

Remember, a gold card does not guarantee an epic or legendary weapon, it's a CHANCE to get an epic or legendary. So, deadlies give you MORE chances.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    edited February 2016
    just dont try to farm walkers for xp on deadly missions, but if you happen to be in a situation where you can't handle the high level of walkers anymore and one of your survivor is already in a struggle, its better to flee and let the struggling one be sacrificed.. instead of trying to save that one and end up losing all..

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I learned that the hard way. On my first two deadly missions, I got them all out. But, on the third, one got in a struggle. I tried to save him and lost them all. A few missions later, one got caught and I took the other two and ran for the exit.
    _wendy_
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I've lost quite a few to deadlies too.
    What bugs me (slightly, but not enough to be complaining about) is that after the reward for passing 500 (500 gold), which I achieved yonks ago (insert smug-faced smiley thing), apart from the increased chance of better gear, there are no more rewards. I'd like to see more achievement rewards to reflect the higher risk - maybe another 500 gold for passing 1000, 1500 etc..
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
This discussion has been closed.