Hard to find gear?

Thought this was worth sharing even if I scrapped them before leaving the screen...

DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Whoa! I have never seen that before. I have seen two green pieces of gear get pulled from two separate gold tickets on the same rewards page but not that.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    You probably just hit your quota for like 2 mos :)
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I bet a big percentage of players would love that pull, especially the top one with gold dodge. Quick scrapers for the rest of us.
  • DutchbrotherDutchbrother Member Posts: 43
    I call that kind of find scraptacular.

[Deleted User]masmith93Mystique
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @lmfgunnut that's obviously a lower challenge bonus screen & all scrappable if that's even a word lol, but level 17 gear seemed a lot easier to obtain for all the survivors needed & had some 18 to work on since update, but seems even in legendary crates been getting all lvl 20 bruiser gear & from bonus gold crates got very few 17s & 18s have only been epic & useless & then a lot of rare stuff, even farming deadly's there's been a lack of gold boxes & only seems to be rare stuff when I do get them lately, been a bit frustrating since my hunters were all maxed with lvl 20 legendary & only got 1 lvl 18 base legendary armor I made 21, but rest of the good lvl 18 base legendary gear been eluding me more then it should with all the farming I been doing & wondering if there's a bug since update now?
    Japes87
    I am farming at least 1m XP a day @PimpOfTheDead (half deadlies and half XP) and where I was getting mostly level 18 and 19 gear prior to the update, I am getting lots of 16 and 17 now, all useless to my level 18 survivors.
    Japes87
    @NCDawgFan I used to get all i needed from XP missions prior to update, but tonight been doing all deadly's for a hope??? But seems like all gold crates I get either have level 17 legendary useless stuff, lvl 18 epic which isn't bad but won't use & nothing for my top crew & everything else been lvl 18 rare which is garbage lol
    Haven't been farming 1m a day lately though, was sick all weekend or taking breaks cause farming got overwhelming lol, tonight is most I've played consecutive in a week lol
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    @NCDawgFan and @PimpOfTheDead and other end-gamers on this thread:

I think I read somewhere that you can increase the recommended level (and thereby rewards) of the exploration missions when you play with a higher level survivor. Is this correct?

When I do exploration missions on episode 13 it's level 17 recommended, same as most of my survivors. I will soon get my first lvl 18. Once I have put him on a exploration mission, does the recommended level change to 18 for good? (Would be great if it did!). Thanks!
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    ggbatsSlickRick
  • stolenstolen Member Posts: 46
    Well, sometimes it's worse. Getting all that gear on the first challenge mission... And I have level 17 survivors.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @TheLostOnes

Yes lvl goes to 18.

I am having the same problem, im not finding decent new gear as well. My full team (4 x lvl 18) is fully upgraded and so is its gear. only one gun on lvl 21(the gift) but nothing more wordt upgrading :-(
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    TheLostOnes
    @TheLostOnes your question was just answered as yes the recommended also goes to 18, but there still doesn't seem to be a system to the gear u get or its level & really is frustrating sometimes when looking for certain pieces, we sooooo need an option to choose our own gear & level of it to purchase with gold or tg, besides speeding up some things only really use gold on gas or hospital bills as I have enough slots, so give us a gear store already lol
    TheLostOnes
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,032
    edited May 2016
    Thanks @Conan1976 and @PimpOfTheDead ! I'm not expecting to get a whole lot of useful gear when going to 18 (as most of what I get now is 2-3 levels too low) but at least the XP rewards in the crates will go up.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    @stolen I'm just floored by finding two legendary pieces on a single run. Scrap heap For sure, but for those optimists out there, maybe it could happen for useful gear.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    @NCDawgFan how do you farm 1M XP per day and do challenges? I've been playing this game since October and still can't get that much in a day.
    I like Zombies!
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited May 2016
    @PimpOfTheDead I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing. I have strictly farmed deadlies right up until Outpost was worth farming with the money bots they added , and there has been a definite and obvious nerfing of legendary/epic gear drops. Where pre-outpost I could count on a usable or at least level-appropriate piece of gear every week or 2 , I have gotten 1 (level 18 warrior armor) in over 500 deadly missions since. Getting rare gear almost every single time and the odd time it's epic/leg it's 2 levels too low or repeats of the same epic armor or weapon with the worst traits I'm starting to question blowing 6 gas each on them anymore.

I assumed it was due to NG pushing us towards playing outpost and that was fine when outpost was good , but now with the shield issues , 0/0 search finds and general waste of time it is now , there isn't a good way to farm the best equipment anymore. Aside from the xp thing , that is my number one issue with the current game , every owner throws a dog a bone once in a while ..
  • ernest22ernest22 Member Posts: 3
    I got something similar recently. I generally am not very lucky.
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    I don't quite understand the purpose of your post. Maybe if you put it in context for me?
    What level are most of your survivors? Also, did you get this on a challenge mission or an exploration mission? If on a challenge, what level (for walkers)?

It's just that I get legendary gear ALL the time in low level challenges. I can't use any of it of course, so I figure it is the program's equivalent of finding a contract loophole. (See? I'm giving you a legendary. What? You can't use it? Well, that's not my problem, I gave you a leg so you can't complain. ;) )
    @PapaSmurf, I usually max out the challenges around 240 in 1.5 days. That leaves lots of time for farming. If I'm really grinding I can get 1m XP in about a hour or so. Sticking around to kill the spawns is never going to make you rich with XP. Finishing the farming mission ASAP and then opening the chests is where you can make serious XP.

I guess the real core of the answer is; I buy gas as needed, I open all 9 chests after every mission, and I am retired, so I have lots of time to play the game. A man can only play so much golf after all....
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    @NCDawgFan Thanks for the tips. I think the key difference is I cannot afford, at this time, to spend money. I have to wait for gas, so it dramatically slows what I can do.
    I like Zombies!
    I completely understand @PapaSmurf. Players like myself, @SlickRick and others that do have the luxury of being able to buy our gas have an advantage in being able to eliminate the NG imposed time restriction. Just keep grinding and good things are bound to happen for you. Good luck.
    @NCDawgFan I stick around & kill the spawns up to lvl 22 or 23 & 1 lvl with the fences up to lvl 26 to 27 lol, lately I been opening only the gold crates with 25 gold but do spend a ton on gas, don't have the expendable cash flow that some have these days lol, but still tend to spend money on game but stretch my bundles strategical & the hard way most times to get the most value I can lol
    @PimpOfTheDead, I kill off the 21's and 22's on most every mission except the one with the cars when you can't see the walkers coming down that single grid allyway (I hate that one). If they're in the open I may farm the 23's using overwatch, but you can have those 24's and up all toy yourself!
    Just as an FYI @PapaSmurf, these 9 chest pulls really help the XP farming process. Combine this with the 4800 XP for the automatic mission reward, plus another 3200 from killing walkers, plus these 9 chests at 42k, equals 50k of XP for 6 gallons of gas and 25 gold (used the movie for 3 chests). The farming mission took less than five minutes. This is what I consider a great "value for money" proposition at 10k per minute. Needless to say not all bet as many XP but I have actually gotten a lot more on farming missions before too. If you have a littke extra gold sometime, give it a try. Good luck.
    @smokva I don't remember what challenge round I was on at the time, but my survivors are all 18. The gear is useless, but the first time I'd seen two legendary pieces on the same reward screen.

I know you have a hard time pulling right level gear, and I hope that it works itself out for you.

• OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    How bout this pull T the time I could use them lol
    much nicer!

• SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Japes87 said:

@PimpOfTheDead I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing. I have strictly farmed deadlies right up until Outpost was worth farming with the money bots they added , and there has been a definite and obvious nerfing of legendary/epic gear drops. Where pre-outpost I could count on a usable or at least level-appropriate piece of gear every week or 2 , I have gotten 1 (level 18 warrior armor) in over 500 deadly missions since. Getting rare gear almost every single time and the odd time it's epic/leg it's 2 levels too low or repeats of the same epic armor or weapon with the worst traits I'm starting to question blowing 6 gas each on them anymore.

I assumed it was due to NG pushing us towards playing outpost and that was fine when outpost was good , but now with the shield issues , 0/0 search finds and general waste of time it is now , there isn't a good way to farm the best equipment anymore. Aside from the xp thing , that is my number one issue with the current game , every owner throws a dog a bone once in a while ..

@Japes87 I totally agree with you here and @PimpOfTheDead about the green rare scraps. I think they are holding out to sand bag the wealthy among us while the middle class catch up to lessen the gaps in the outpost tier caste system. Seen a buzz in posts about more changes in a few weeks. Some of us bitch all the time about balance and I wonder if this is their tactic in action.
    Japes87
  • smokvasmokva Member Posts: 154
    lmfgunnut said:

@smokva I don't remember what challenge round I was on at the time, but my survivors are all 18. The gear is useless, but the first time I'd seen two legendary pieces on the same reward screen.

I know you have a hard time pulling right level gear, and I hope that it works itself out for you.

Very classy. Thank you. Thankfully my focus has changed so it doesn't bother me anymore. :)
    It is a shame you don't remember what challenge level it was. At Level 12 or less, they would represent an awesome find, and might have been indicative of a possible trend toward improved rewards.
    Oh well.