Hard and nightmare levels

Strategy question, those that have reached higher levels did you complete the hard and nightmare levels along the way or did you go back and do them once you had higher level players to farm them for XP? I'm on level 7 and debating do I leave these levels for later, have already completed up to lvl 5 in hard and up to 3 in nightmare

Best Answer

Answers

• Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    This was my thought actually because I need to progress so I can unlock assault which will help
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    edited April 2016
    when u finish episode 7 u can do it on hard but dont finish 7-4 on nightmare when u get there cause its a good farming stage but u get a lil higher survivors first then ho back to do in hard & nightmare to make goin through them again a lil easier oh another farming stage is ladt one on episode 6 its the conga lines farming
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    Yeah, i made the mistake of finishing the mission. Only farmed 1320 walkers for just under 100000 xp. Ahh the memories.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    Zombie_Hunter
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,159
    I don't understand the farming stuff...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    @DIblis u finish it on nightmare so no more farmin that stage that sucks i almost did realized it just in time
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    @capibara , there are some level which you'll find with the right team are ideal to sit back, after completing the requirements to finish, and take out extra walkers for the xp. Ep7 mission 4 is the best case, after you've moved the barriers into place you can rush off to the exit area and finish OR you can sit behind barrier with hunters and shoot away with impunity. Nothing can get to you.
    What some of us didnt/dont know is that you can flee, take the injury and keep the xp for walkers killed allowing you to return at a later date and farm xp again.
    In my case on hard run through i realsed this with the above mission and killed around 350 before deciding I'd had enough. On nightmare mode i thought id try for 1000. After several hours, taking toilet breaks, smoke breaks, watching a movie and tv, a couple of drinks but constantly shooting away i thought I'd probably made 1000. The walkers didnt get any tougher and several were released each turn, occosionally I'd back up to let the space fill up. After stupidly finishing the mission in hindsight i cant go back. If you want easy xp without the dangers then you can for example (consults photo) dispatch 1,320 walkers for 99,240 xp.
    this mission as far as i know is the best for doing this. There are others where due to barriers you can shoot through means that you can take out more walkers than you usually would until running to exit, atleast 2 exp missions i can think of. There was also a challenge mission in which you have to close 2 gates, you close 1 and then kill the 5 or six that come thruogh each turn at the same level, unfortunately if you kill a certain amount you then get swamped by lvl 20 tanks or something similiar (around 150 kills to trigger?). But being a challenge mission you can repeated several times throughout challenge.
    If you farm at the end of your fuel tank, you can exit mission to find it filled again and continue with game.
    Higher you get the more xp required to upgrade, it can be argued the game doesnt scale up with these requirements, hence the need to farm in order to progress.
    Hope this explained farming adequately for you
    Diblis
    (Also i thought it could be my entry for farmer of the year if my guild ever handed out awards
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    capibaraBlack_JackCez87
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Dang @DIblis, the thesis I wrote to get my MBA was less inclusive than your farming explanation. Well done.
    MissSFXLolaRefftBlack_Jack
    rite now thats in depth & way better than mine good job @Dlblis
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,952
    Yeah, I realized the farming concept after I finished 7-4 in Nightmare mode. I've been making due with 9-3 Boxes vs. Walkers. It is more hands-on, but if I got an hour or two to burn, I can generate some serious XP.
    MissSFX
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,159
    Thanks @DIblis very useful. Not sure if the Capy can afford a sort of so large time experience... But maybe i'll try...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    MissSFX
  • YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    @NCDawgFan , can u tell me benefits on Hard and Nightmare modes ? what do we get as an added reward for doing those ?

also how much help are exploration missions ?!
  • NopwNopw Member Posts: 15
    Hard and Nightmare mode just keep the gameplay the same, while bumping the difficulty level up by a few levels. So the rewards you get for each level are the same as any level that has "XYZ" Survivor level recommended. I.e. Episode One in Nightmare Mode would have levels with 9 Survivor level recommended, and Episode 7 in normal mode would also have levels with 9 Survivor level recommended. So the rewards are the same if you open the reward boxes.

In addition, you get the standard 30 Gold for completing each Episode each time you do it. So each Episode can net you 30 Gold three times for a total of 90 Gold. Gas costs are also the same, Episode One has gas costs of 2 no matter what difficulty you play at.
    the esploration mission give u extra food & xp dependin on which one u do & the crates at the end after finishin
    Yaxir
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Yaxir, @Nopw did a good job answering your questions. One thing to remember about exploration missions is they can be repeated over and over and over. There is not just one XP, supply and deadly on each level. I have hundreds of them completed on levels 12 and 13 (the only two missions I have open). The higher the level, the better the chance of better rewards. I hope this helps.
    Yaxir
  • YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2016
    Thankyu both , @Nopw and @NCDawgFan !

soo ... basically , the Equipment we get in ANY LEVEL regardless of exploration , nightmare OR main mission ... is based on the SURVIVOR LEVEL that is recommended by the LEVEL ITSELF ?
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    DIblis said:

@capibara , there are some level which you'll find with the right team are ideal to sit back, after completing the requirements to finish, and take out extra walkers for the xp.

There's some good farming missions in this weekends challenge.
    The one with the shipping containers is good, close the two on the right then sit in the top right corner with anything with ranged weapons that can take out the walkers in one round on overwatch and just keep hitting "end turn" till you get bored.
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    edited May 2016
    @Gonkistan "Terminal gate" & "Long road to Terminus" have been great for me, getting through the shrine room not bad either :)
    Gonkistan
  • NopwNopw Member Posts: 15
    Yaxir said:

Thankyu both , @Nopw and @NCDawgFan !

soo ... basically , the Equipment we get in ANY LEVEL regardless of exploration , nightmare OR main mission ... is based on the SURVIVOR LEVEL that is recommended by the LEVEL ITSELF ?

Yes, this is roughly how it works. When I go into a exploratory mission with Survivor level 11 recommended, I usually get equipment rated at a level 9, 10, or 11. Occasionally I get a 12 but this is kind of rare. So it has a little to do with RNG which is not very fun but that at least means you'll get good gear if you grind enough. Have fun :smile:
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I like to not finish off some of the episodes so I can go back and do the side missions for XP, and maters
    mcbkhicks
  • markjaquamarkjaqua Member Posts: 7
    I just went through episode 7.4 and farmed at the end until i got killed. There were no gates to close and sit behind. The most i was able to farm was 5800 xp aftrr killing 85 walkers on hard mode. I really messed up this morning and tried to farm a deadly mission...very big mistake. I lost my two most prized hunters.