Legendary Crate issues

What is going on here?

The last 7 Legendary crates I have opened have had legendary Pistols in them
I don't need 7 legendary Pistols

Is there any rhyme or reason to what you will receive in the Legendary crates?

Anyone want to do some trading?
Oh wait, we can't trade gear to other players :(

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    I only get scout armor from legendary crates and I have no scouts. Buy golden crates instead.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    And I get only armor lately, not a single weapon.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I agree with @masmith93, it is a better "value for TG" proposition to buy fifteen, 500 crates than one, 7500 crate. I have received great legendary gear (see attached photo) from 500 crates and if it turns out to be a lot of XP rather than gear, I'm good with that too. And @EL34xyz, I really wish we could trade gear too, at least within our guild.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited May 2016
    So, you can get legendary gear in a gold crate?

I did not bother with gold crates because I was only interested in legendary gear :(
    Nice jacket NCdawgFan
    Yes you sure can @EL34xyz. Its just like a gold ticket at the end of a challenge. I bought my share of the 7500 crates early on, but I can only take the frustration of saving up the 7500 TG and then ending up with a completely useless base level 19 legendary bruiser or scout armour (or 7 pistols) so many times.
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    The only problem with buying 500 TG gold crates (in my experience) is that when you're lucky and pull a legendary or epic weapon from them, it's 1-2 below your level. That's not the case when I buy the 3,500 TG epic or 7,500 TG legendary crates. Then it's my level or one above. Still, Iike @masmith93 I mostly get scout gear from the expensive crates, so the 500 TG crates have overall given me slightly better returns.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Thanks for the info guys

I just bought 14 gold crates and I got another Legendary Pistol
    That makes 8 of them now :)
    masmith93antmatt_0
    Now I need a double or triple XP event for trading in some of these pistols
    Sometimes you hit the jackpot and sometimes you get sCrap. If you can play the challenge map to levels 1-3x above your suvivors, that's a good place to find high level gear. I got a lv 20 rifle last night playing 19 level BBQ. My highest survivor is 17.
    TheLostOnesantSlickRick
    edited May 2016
    Good point masmith93.
    My A team is level 13
    I usually stick around until level 15 walkers show up and then bail to avoid hospital time
    I have gotten some good gear by staying a bit longer
    So in the challenge map, play the maps for level 15 recommended. I usually wait until I'm almost out of gas, so if I get injured, I recover and my tank refills.
    TheLostOnesSlickRick
    No matter which strategy you use to spend your TG, the results are going to be uncertain and unexplainable. Its a crap shoot at best and sometimes your gonna come roll craps.
    I agree with @masmith93 and @NCDawgFan. Like @masmith93 I find most of my best gear in high-level missions and I wait until gas is low for hospital reasons. May I add one more trick, which I'm sure @masmith93 knows too, but just forgot to mention here? Try to save an ad video for when you do the extra-high lvl missions to get most bang for the buck.
    I'm lost.

masmith93ggbatsSlickRick
    Thanks for the tips
    zbot
    Speak of the devil. I just opened a 500 TG crate now and good this. My heart skipped for a second before I saw the level. My hunters are lvl 17 and I have almost saved up enough XP to bring one of them up to 18.
    I'm lost.

edited May 2016
    I could use that rifle
    I have not been able to score a legendary rifle for my hunter yet

I am too busy collecting 8 legendary pistols
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Oh so the solution isn't to fix the game it's for the customers to find workarounds. *smh*
    Listen folks examples are all around you. In a competitive environment: If a company has high prices or problems but the best customer service, they win. If a company has poor customer service but they're the cheapest, they win. If a company is neither, they are on a path to the end.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    My whole attitude is that something is broken.
    Why should every legendary crate I open be a pistol

Something is definitely wrong
    I have other Legendary svrs that could use some good gear
    @EL34xyz I wish I could send it over to you!
    I'm lost.

edited May 2016
    Me too :)

Seems to me it should not be that hard to program in a way to give someone a piece of gear
    Say that each piece of gear has a unique code number
    Give someone that code number, they enter it somewhere and they get that piece of gear
    The gear then gets removed from your inventory
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    I don't get why we don't even have the option of buying a leg weapon with traits we want that matches survivor level. Id pay for a leg rifle with the wide caliber trait. And even more for a leg or even epic warrior katana as long as it has the 135 wide arc trait.
    masmith93
  • PpkPpk Member Posts: 19
    I have 11 itens legendary for bruiser, and i think 9 for shooters, no one rifle and only one armor for hunters.

I posted yesterday i count 32 legendary itens from 7500 trade and on one gun for hunters.
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @Ppk
    Based on your info, I begin to think why you had only one rifle out of 32 from 7500 TG legendary crate. I think because NG wants lots of players to buy their special rifle bundle right after each council update. I don't mind paying $$ for those bundles as long as they have good traits we want. So I won't even bother opening up legendary crate anymore. I also wasted my hard earned 7500TG after I pulled useless base level 20 knife. Appreciate your thread.
    EL34xyzPpk
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I gave up on the 7500 crates ages ago...I got nothing but bruiser gear over and over. I never use my two bruisers.

The 500 crates are all I buy now :)

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    EL34xyzNCDawgFan
  • PpkPpk Member Posts: 19
    edited May 2016
    Boruto said:

@Ppk

Based on your info, I begin to think why you had only one rifle out of 32 from 7500 TG legendary crate. I think because NG wants lots of players to buy their special rifle bundle right after each council update. I don't mind paying $$ for those bundles as long as they have good traits we want. So I won't even bother opening up legendary crate anymore. I also wasted my hard earned 7500TG after I pulled useless base level 20 knife. Appreciate your thread.

For sure 32 pulls, but i sold some itens before, i think its almost 50 pull ups of 7500tg legendarys.

A lot of bruisers stuff, i leave the guild that im, just playing over and over to get stars to pull a bruiser stuff or swords.
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2016
    I SCRAPPED the rifle i got with the scarred bundle thefullsupplys and gold was worth it but the rifles traits was HORRIBLE you may get lucky because their ransom supposedly but don't get your hopes up. THEY SHLULD GIVE AWSO.ME TRAITS or let you pick them when you pay for them imo