The maximum of 140 (now 280) items

insight55insight55 Member Posts: 37
What does the "maximum of 140 items" really mean? For a long time I thought that when I reach more than 140 items and items are scrapped, I would have 140 items in my workshop. But my experiences lately have given me another picture of the "maximum of 140 items". When I am writing this, I have more than 140 items which I can upgrade, and more than 40 items fully upgraded. And I have not recieved any new equipment since my last message saying my items have been scrapped.

I have not been checking every single item I have before and after the message saying my items have been scrapped appers, so I might not have this 100 % right, but here is what I think of the "maximum of 140 items", based on my experiences:
- It does not scrap legendary equipment. It does not scrap epic equipment. It does not scrap equipped equipment.
- It does scrap common, uncommon and rare equipment if you have more than 140 items.

So the only thing I need to do to make sure the "maximum of 140 items" does not scrap anything I would like to keep, is the following: I make sure any common/uncommon/rare equipment I would like to keep is equipped to my survivors when I exit the game. Do you have the same experiences as I do? What do you think the "maximum of 140 items" really mean?

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    edited May 2016
    The cap is 140 unused items. You have to deduct the equipped items from your calculation. Once you reach 141 unused equipment there will be an autoscrap. As per latest information it will scrap the lowest unused items you have. (Regardless of the quality. (i.e. legendary and epic low lvl items as well.))

After scrapping the remaining unused items will be around 120-125 pcs.
  • insight55insight55 Member Posts: 37
    I have 18 survivors. So you @Lightfeet would say I can have 140+2*18=176 items stored? I just counted my equipment, and I have 202.

When I receive new common/uncommon/rare equipment, the message pops up the next time I restart the game, and the equipment is gone. This does not happen when I receive epic/legendary equipment.

If I switch out equipped common/uncommon/rare equipment with epic/legendary equipment, the message pops up the next time I restart the game, and the equipment is gone. If I let the common/uncommon/rare equipment equipped, I lose no equipment.

I have e.g. a level 1 epic scout weapon (not equipped), and it has survived many times when level 10+ rare equipment were scrapped. So there is no way the level of the equipment can explain why I lose my common/uncommon/rare equipment and not my epic/legendary.
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 554
    So it is not total equipment now, but unused equipment? I was sure in the past I had when they autodumped some of my equipment, it was everything over 140. Maybe I was just not focused. Can we have some clarification? @eetu @zbot @Teeceezy
    stevie05
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lmao it's like a crewel joke! I work hard to obtain a massive pile of useless weapons, and then they come along and grab them back! It's junk...but it's my junk! Mine mine mine!

They could at least give a warning..."hello, we are about to disarm you but will give you ten minutes to disarm yourself...choose wisely friend (they will say friend but it translates to fluktard)..."

I'm gonna tell the NRA!!! I have second amendment rights!!

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    ggbatsmcbkhicksstevie05[Deleted User]
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,474
    @all, please see this post, 140 not including equipped items.
    @zbot It does not explain how I can have more than 200 items and only 18 survivors?
    edited May 2016
    @zbot so, if my math is correct, with 24 survivors, I can have 188 gear total? Then I have been dumping stuff that I could keep. Well, at least I know now. Thanks : )
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    The problem I have with the limit on gear is not the total, its two other issues. #1, get rid of the counter on the armory icon that tells us how many pieces of gear are eligible to be upgraded. I mean who cares???? Tell me how many total pieces I have on hand. #2, 90% of the time when I press the armory icon, the game instantly crashes. How can I waste my time to do a pain in the arse manual count, to avoid the dreaded auto scrap, it the game crashes 9 out of 10 times I try? I only have 16 survivors and I don't keep any gear that isn't epic or legendary, but I still get the auto scrap notice when I fire up the game every few weeks. Knowing the game scraped "who knows how many" pieces of high level (albeit useless to me), gear is frustrating. I am holding these to use in a 3x weekend event. Why scrap a epic katana for 7000 XP today if I can get 21000 during an event?
    Zeena
    @NCDawgFan I agree. Do we need to know that we have 56 items we can upgrade? Ridiculous. My game only crashes around 10-15% when I open up the armory so it is not so bad when I do that pain in the arse count. Now opening up my survivors to change gear, that is the big problem for me. Crash. Crash and Crash again.

I am also hoarding gear for the possibility of the next triple scrap event. It would suck to have them go bye bye.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    They are mine mine mine!!

I earned them, I should get to keep them :(

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    ant
    @NCDawgFan
    When was the last time you lost epic/legendary equipment? I am just guessing, but maybe something was changed lately, e.g. in the 1.8.3 update.

I am most interested in what people have experienced the last week, not what people experienced many weeks ago.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    As soon as I get useless gear I scrap it unless it's epic or legendary* which I will keep in the hope we will have another 3xXP scrapping event. I don't think I've ever had anywhere near 140+ equipped items in my inventory.........ever!!

*Unless I need XP for upgrading, of course.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheLostOnes
    Suddenly the "maximun of 140 items" is gone! Today they changed it to the "maximum of 280 items". Now, with about 200 items, I do not have to equip my common/uncommon/rare equipment. I guess I will have to collect 80 more items to learn more about this change.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    Maybe this is only an unannounced event and everything exceeding 140 items will be auto-scrapped when the event ends. :smile:
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    edited May 2016
    @zbot
    Please say thank you to NG for me. First Govenor bundle and this now. All right. I look forward to more good things from NG like fixing the broken shield.
    Ovidmikel
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    This is great news!! Well done NG.. Taking steps in the right direction.. Thank you! :)
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    OvidmikelLadyAquilaAndyMenshel
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @NCDawgFan @SgtSalami
    First of all, total agreement on the inventory counter vs upgrade ready counter. It's a no-brainer. But I'm concerned to read about your crashes when accessing inventory or survivors. I haven't had this problem (yet), but what I've been noticing is a several second delay/freeze before my inventory opens. Just hoping this delay isn't a precursor to future crashes like you guys mentioned.

I wondered if it was because my inventory was holding more items than earlier on. Hopefully, that's not it because if we're now allowed to keep twice the number...

My game also takes several seconds to open quests & achievements, which I thought might have to do with the gamecenter sync (IOS)

Sorry, off on slight tangent there. I realize I'm whining about a couple seconds of time, just wondered if people went through this before ultimately leading to frequent crashing.
    @DoTak My problem could be because I am one of the players who uses an Ipad2, the ugly step child of NML. I also have the delay when opening quests, etc.

I see the title of this thread has changed. Has the maximum just doubled to 280?
    Pic
    @SgtSalami

Yes, 280 is the new cap.
    Pic
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @SgtSalami I think I have the iPad2 as well. I say I think, because it's a hand-me-down from a buddy. He told me it's the one before the Air came out, which I think is a 2. Anyway, not having crash issues (so far) crossing fingers

Having said that, one of my guild mates just told me she's just started having issues logging in to the game - and she said she's also using the iPad2

Maybe I'll search this forum for her, but I kind of doubt I'll find any solutions :neutral:
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    Now we can hoard more weapons for that 3x scrap event ;)
    Pic
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    @KaLi That was exactly what I was thinking. Lol
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    AndyMenshel
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    This is awesome news. Now we just need a counter that tells us how many items we have total, and also a specific count on each class tab that shows how many items we have for that class.
    LydiaantZeenaEL34xyz
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Roxanne Richter has a message for you... Enjoy...;)
    OvidmikelGonkistanDeadBeatPic
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Holy moley they really are making improvements to how the game works! (If you can't tell, that's poking fun and appreciation in one sentence) :p
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    Besides ppl talking in this thread, is there an official post from Ng stating the gear storage cap went up to 280? Haven't read that anywhere lol
    [Deleted User]
    @PimpOfTheDead No, I have not seen a post in this forum from NG stating the maximum of 280, and as far as I know, is there no such post.

I got the information about the 280 maximum from the "Excess items Scrapped" in-game message. I guess I received the message because I had too many items (according to the 140 maximum) prior to the maximum increase, then the game scrapped my items, and the next time I started the game the increase was live and given in the message.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited May 2016

Besides ppl talking in this thread, is there an official post from Ng stating the gear storage cap went up to 280? Haven't read that anywhere lol

Thank You @PimpOfTheDead! I have been wondering the same thing for a couple of days now. Even went looking for some official word on this after reading this post the other day. Soooo glad I wasn't the only one who had this reaction. :)
    @PimpOfTheDead @insight55 Read through the whole thread and you'll be enlighted. @zbot confirmed the new cap of 280 in post #15.