Help me get a shooter!

Greetings! I could really use some help here. I have a couple of legendary pistols now but no way to use them. I recently did get "Earl" but is he really going to be my only choice? Can someone lead me in the right direction to get a better shooter please? Many thanks!

Comments

• NemesiNemesi Member Posts: 17
    5 times at 15 so far. This is the only way? Would it help if I retired Earl?
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    edited May 2016
    No, your current survivors have no impact on radio calls. Did you sacrifice your first born child? FYI it took me two months to get a replacement hunter.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    zosonTheLostOnesSlickRick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited May 2016
    No it would not help to retire the shooter you have. Doing the 15-phone calls will give you the option to call a rare,epic or legendary survivor hopefully one or more of those will be a shooter soon.
    zoson
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    @DarkFae Did you mean to write, "No it would NOT help to ....."?
    Back from 2016 :p
    @theRealBender

Yes lols, that is what I meant to write. Thanks buddy. Lucky I'm blessed with good health but I'm so not a multitask-er! I'm looking at the news and posting right now. The primaries here in the US are very fascinating this year both republican and democratic!
  • NemesiNemesi Member Posts: 17
    I had read that upgrading the training grounds will increase the likelihood of higher level legendaries/survivors. Would this help with the shooter as well?
    edited May 2016
    The ONLY thing you can do is to make radio calls.
    Your training grounds have NO impact on getting suvivor types. Only radio calls, 15 is your best chance to get an epic/legendary.
    Keeping your training ground maxed is a good idea in general and will insure that you are ready to upgrade the survivors that you do find. TG doesn't determine which type (common,uncommon, rare, epic,legendary) of survivor you pull. You might want to consider joining a teaching guild @Nemesi where they will answer these question and more for you.
  • YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    @DarkFae and @masmith93 , what are the EASIEST ways to hoard radios ?

im a new player btw
    Without spending money, I don't know of an easy way. You get them in various crates and from the walkers at your camp wall. Set an alarm and make sure you kill your wall walkers every hour? You can also burn through your trade goods looking for radios.
    [Deleted User]TheLostOnesSlickRick
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    The level of your radio tower matters. Upgrade it if you can. It won't help you get a particular kind of survivor but it can help with the level of survivor you get.
    [Deleted User]
    edited May 2016
    @Yaxir

I have noticed also that phones can be found in bronze/silver/gold ticket crates so selecting the look at video's option every time the game gives you the option on a rewards page will yield more radios. I'm saying this because some people only view videos to get more picks if they are trying to get a gold ticket crate opened. And I have also heard of people never using the view video option as a means to try and harm Next Games in some way which IMO is just silly.
    Yaxir
  • YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    i see , thanks !
    @Yaxir

glad to help :)
    Yaxir
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    In my experience if I get a phone on my first 3 crates 75% of the time when I open other crates I find more especially on the challenge crates even at low LVLS I save my vidoes and gold to open crates when I get a phone
    [Deleted User]TheLostOnes
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    @Ovidmikel after you posted that theory a few weeks ago, I have been keeping an eye on my radio results.

And I think you are on to something. It's not VERY often you get multiple radios in the 9 crates -- but more often than the overall likelihood of a radio drop would suggest.

So I agree that the radio drops are not evenly spread out and that your tactic is valid.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    Ovidmikellmfgunnut
    @TheLostOnes I told my guild mates and they agree it works more often than not I always save my videos and gold for when I find a radio show n my first 3 crates
    This was my best pull but I open all crates if I get a radio especially on low lvl challenge I have got 3 single radios ALOT of times
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Nice! @Ovidmikel
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    OvidmikellmfgunnutSlickRick
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited May 2016
    @TheMurphy It's long been known or explained by the Devs that the rewards are random and determined. It's early and I don't know how to say it and make sense but because of early exploits that have now been fixed it is random what your going to get in those 9 boxes but it doesn't matter what order or which ones you pick. That way if it crashes before the info is saved you still get the same rewards. I know I'm not explaining that right so maybe someone else can. This is why I post links instead of trying to rephrase it. The 9 rewards are randomly chosen and placed in the boxes but it doesn't matter which ones you pick you'll get the same group of 3.

I know you recognize the ordered randomness but I was just trying to explain why in case you didn't know.
  • SerpSerp Member Posts: 612
    @Ovidmikel I was going to say the same thing about phones in chest. I have been doing that for a bit and it seems to hold true. If I open a crate with a phone, more often than not there are more in other crates.
    Ovidmikelggbats
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @Nemesi

If you really need a shooter and have high enough level survivors, you can beat episode 13 (mission 5, I think) on hard mode. That rewards a max 18 rare shooter. It's not ideal, but I did that and Ben has been useful to me since I didn't have good shooters.
    ggbats
    @serp. I know it works a high % maybe they won't change it now that we've mentioned it but they shouldn't I spend extra gold every time I see a radio I open all crates with gold and gold costs lol makes them money lol
    @TheLostOnes the theory proved correct again my nephew saved a video and opened 3 more crates and there more phones were he didn't have gold to open the last 3 but I'd bet another phone would be there he just did this
    TheLostOnes
    edited May 2016
    Well here the pic
    TheLostOnes
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Shut_Up said:

@TheMurphy it is random what your going to get in those 9 boxes but it doesn't matter what order or which ones you pick. That way if it crashes before the info is saved you still get the same rewards.

This is why I post links instead of trying to rephrase it.

The 9 rewards are randomly chosen and placed in the boxes but it doesn't matter which ones you pick you'll get the same group of 3.

Can you post the link(s) that you mentioned? I'm pretty sure I got different stuff after a crash, but then if they "fixed" it then that's a different story.

And if it doesn't matter which ones you pick then why show us nine choices at a time which makes it seem like the rewards are inside and it matters which boxes are opened first?
    Back from 2016 :p
    @OneLessTitan I got the shooter off 13/5 and it was rare I was shocked lol
    @TheLostOnes here is another opening this morning