Weekend Event: Higher Chance of Epic and Legendary

SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
Info about this weekend's special event and a MAJOR announcement about changes coming to the game.

Event will begin on Friday morning 6am GMT and end Monday morning 6am GMT

Thanks for the feed back. I'll be sure to take advantage of it to help make better uploads.

NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
zosonsolegendaryPharmGirl

Comments

• YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    @Spindig , This Friday bro ?!
  • SpindigSpindig Content Creator Posts: 255
    @Yaxir THIS FIRDAY!
    NEPTUNE Guild Leader and Content Creator. YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/c/thewalkingdeadnomanslandfans Twitch Stream: https://twitch.tv/spindigs
  • YaxirYaxir Member Posts: 38
    damn ... too bad im a new player :/
    don't have them radios stacked up man ...
    solegendary
    @Yaxir Shhhh don't spoil it haha :wink: Welcome to the game!
    Yaxir
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    No!!! I don't like this...having to go to someone else's site to get info.... Make it official give Spindig the power to make official forum announcements and then we can decide if we want to view the content- like FB and Twitter....
    masmith93
    @Necroboogie They will still make their announcement as per usual. This way you can get a slight advantage by getting the info a little early.
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    No offense @Spindig but why do you have access to information the rest of us don't? And why do we have to click on your YouTube video to get the info? Just post it.

SPOILER ALERT: he says it's a survivor weekend.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • FurginatorFurginator Member Posts: 97
    @Spindig why has the video been removed?
  • shabbashabba Member Posts: 452
    i wouldn't use the event before they upgrade max surviver lvl. And i'm WAAAAY behind on xp, still need 8 million to upgrade gear.
    Even thinking of using radio's 1 at the time just to get xp
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,527
    @Furginator I did a similar video with more info for the new update which is around the forums. @masmith93 It is going to be this way now for weekend events and new update info and sneak peeks. @Necroboogie It will be announced tomorrow for the public but us Content creators will get the info beforehand

Playing Events Only? Come and play with CrunchTokenTime . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited May 2016
    Lol content creators lol. Im not sure if reading forum info verbatim on YouTube qualifies. I guess the part about hinting was overlooked too.
    Capleton
    @PimpOfTheDead We get the news officially from the developers and our videos will be shared around social media too. On that note I want to add that Youtubers will have a special badge, similarly to the moderators to distinguish us between the others

Playing Events Only? Come and play with CrunchTokenTime . We only do Events! NO BOARDS!

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Lame. I'm all about free advertising, but keep the spam off the official forum and go advertise to people who aren't playing 24/7

Also, get better survivors.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Shut_Upantmasmith93solegendary[Deleted User]
    edited May 2016
    I don't think you get it pain. Until the Devs make an announcement saying we want players to make GOOD YouTube videos with previews and we're going to give them badges to make them identifiable no one is going to take this as an official announcement. NG's history lately has been sketchy so your post is going to be met with skepticism and disbelief. I know what's going on but maybe you jumped the gun by not letting NG make their announcement first. Add that to the fact you're having trouble getting through episode 13 as in the thread with your video and you're a relative newcomer around here as far as post count and content and haven't developed a reputation do you blame people for not believing you or worse getting a little upset.
    lmfgunnutCrazyDSpringChicken
    @Shut_Up amen.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

[Deleted User]
    @Shut_Up Lol I finished episode 13 a few days ago. I am playing since November. To be honest I am quite active on the forums but usually I wouldn't comment on people' threads. I do read most of them though. I do get your point with Youtube and badges and yes there will be an official announcement from NG soon when they are finished!

Obviously you always have a choice weather to wait for the official announcement from either TK or Tzy or watch one of our videos! (a few days before) Nobody is forcing you to watch them.

solegendary
  • PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @Shut_Up & @lmfgunnut I completely agree, well supposedly the guys posted that we are getting a radio event so will wait & see, I don't watch ppls vids anyways cause they're too long for me lol, but unless it's official from ng ppl can say anything they want I guess, I'm sure if they're wrong they say "oh ng must've changed their minds last minute" or if right I guess the sun can shine on a dogs a** some days lol. But I'm sure all of us can do the same my official inside info from ng is...... By next weekends event they told me the sky will still be blue, ..... Sshhhh don't tell anyone lmao
    Shut_Up
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    Shut_Up said:

I don't think you get it pain. Until the Devs make an announcement saying we want players to make GOOD YouTube videos with previews and we're going to give them badges to make them identifiable no one is going to take this as an official announcement.

Unlucky.
    DangerB
    @Shut_Up @PimpOfTheDead Check the announcements thread and you will find out everything...

edited May 2016
    Well if you don't write a lot on the forum or post how are people supposed to know you are active? I don't think it shows that you have read lots of posts. I know some forums show who is viewing a thread but I haven't seen that feature on this board. Many if not most finished episode 13 when it came out in January or February.

When I see embedded vids one of the first things I look for is the length. I tend to not watch long vids because I don't have time and I don't want to say to myself why did you just waste 5 minutes watching that. I can't speak for everyone nor would I but for me less is more the majority of the time.

You just got your badge here in the last hour so now you may have just gotten a boost in credibility. I never said you were wrong because I did know it was radio event weekend and I know from a post by Teeceezy that radio tent changes are on the way but weeks away and I didn't have to watch any vids.

I don't think you did anything wrong I just think NG should have communicated the plans first which I find a little odd because for me I have felt they have done a good job in the last few weeks communicating changes to players as well as listening. Don't take it personal that some people didn't believe the early posts not just by you but others on the radio event because if you've been reading then you can't blame them for feeling that way. Hell at the beginning of the week I was going frustrated with the game and with just a couple of tweaks now I'm excited again about the game because I think they're listening and positive change is around the corner. Fingers crossed.

Did you see terminates video? I thought that was very funny.

Party on Wayne and let's try to get back on topic sorry it went off track.
    masmith93
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Hype? We has it.
    Shut_Up
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Lol its just like when I'm scrolling on articles to read on my front web page- I'll click on article to READ that seems interesting, if it has a video I usually skip, if it is a video I don't even bother and look for an article to read.

Also to my point, like announcements this should be a post by you guys (now green and mean ;)) with another thread where we can comment on it. A nice sticky to keep it at the top of the page so it doesnt float through forum pages. So you can decide to leave the posts up for archive or replace each week.

I knew what the deal was from reading posts in the forums over the past few weeks- I just didn't like the way it's presented, it should look more official and it's easy to do ;)

Congrats btw ;)
    @TK-421 are you talking about my upcoming radio pulls lol? No the badge wasn't there when I posted that and I knew he was right about the event and NG wanting some vids. I just felt that many others were in the dark and an explanation from someone who carries a ban stick would help!

As I'm not looking for bad luck I won't be using any radios on Friday the 13th.

May the force be with you always.

Ps one minute gas please next.

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    I'm not watching videos for sneak peaks on game content. Post it from the devs, officially. If you have no forum cred (sorry Pain, Rev & Spindig) I don't care who you are. Zoson & Poppy are well known for the forum, but I'm still not watching videos.

This still gives certain players and their guilds advance knowledge. You telling me you guys aren't sharing the information with your guilds before posting the videos?

And what SWAG will you get? Is there gold, XP, supplies, TGS, gifts involved? It really should be renamed SOYG (Stuff only you get).

Kinda seems like a caste system.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    I like the idea, I just don't think it should be on this forum. The green hurts my eyes. Provide content on Facebook and twitter and vine and whatever other medium you use, we have plenty to gripe about here already.

masmith93[Deleted User]