Why no level 19+ survivors?

I've spent 440 radio calls in the last 24 hours... All my stored calls from the last 3 months... I'm quite happy because now i have several 19 survivors, but why no one 19+ ??? :o
"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.

Comments

• NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    The radio tower is hard coded to generate nothing higher than 19. But we see plenty of lvl 20 gear...
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• BeccaBecca Member Posts: 39
    I need survivors lvl 18 and 19. All I get are max lvl 14. Why are mine so low?
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @Becca we need to know the levels of everything in your camp to answer that question. Thanks
  • BeccaBecca Member Posts: 39
    @NCDawgFan here are my lvls. I am lvl 40. In two maybe 3 more upgrades I will be lvl 41. Depending on what I upgrade next.
    Training 16
    Workshop 13
    Council 16
    Radio 6
    Tents 7
    Farms 8
    Storage 5, [email protected],8
    Outpost 4
    Car 6
    Hospital 6
    Walker pit 6
  • Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 672
    I believe your radio tent should be upgradable to Level 7 once your council is at Level 16. Might be the answer to your issue.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

ggbats
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    No. I don't think it has anything to do with your radio tent. Mine is a level 6, but my council and training grounds are at max. Even though I was pulling major scheisse during this (ahem) great event; I was pulling 18 and 19s. Uncommon and common bruisers and scouts.
    SlickRick
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    Seems the uncommon all come higher lvl but I've been lucky with lvl 19 epics this event no leg but i m happy with my new epics now gotta lvl up overwhelming
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    edited May 2016
    @Becca @jls_killer

I believe it is a combination of factors.

I am level 39. I have radio tent lvl 6

I pulled 1 Leg Hunter and 1 Leg Shooter that max at 17 and a bunch of Epics that max at 16 or 17 this event. The radio tent determines the level range that your survivors arrive in your camp at, and thus the max level as well. 15 calls increase the chance of higher levels coming in over 5 calls and 1 calls.

Also, the game is designed so that your camp level is balanced when you level up all buildings between council upgrades. By rushing to max out council and training grounds first, you actually decrease your likelihood of gaining equipment at levels you need and pulling survivors that max at higher levels.

I am not in game and cannot look at my building levels at this moment.

I am level 39. My council house is upgrading at the moment. When it completes, I will be level 40. My training grounds can only train up to level 14 at the moment. My radio tent is level 6. Outpost is 5. All of my farms are level 9. I have gotten level 15 & 16 equipment from 500 TG crates that I have to grow into. All of the survivors I called on this event (including the common, uncommon, and rare that were rejected) came to me with starting levels of 7-8 and max levels of 14-17.

Because I upgrade everything between council upgrades, my camp / player level is balanced. By neglecting to upgrade buildings in a rush to reach max council and training ground levels, your camp / player level remains low, so your chances of pulling high level survivors and equipment is reduced.
    SgtSalami
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I don't think everything @thebluebox said is entirely correct, but his generalizations seem to be sound. I've read many many posts on this subject and what rings most true to me is overall player/camp level as a major factor to both survivor & equipment levels. You don't have to have a balanced camp just more points that make up your player level. My camp is very lopsided bc i dont upgrade tents or farms (math ppl know why) or car but I am level 46 & pull 9/19 survivors and 20/23 equipment.
    The radio tent doesn't determine the max by itself - it determines the max starting level & then others rules that determine rarity & max level apply.
    For Capi's question, and other related points of topic, only NG staff can give a definitive answer & I wish they would give info on how to get higher survivors & equipment in the Help section.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    capibaraggbats
  • RorshackRorshack Member Posts: 103
    i just got a 9 of 19 legendary assault on one random last pull.... exactly what i wanted
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    Maybe you just had no luck?

Lol neither does that poor guy, doesn't have luck or retaliate, thats a catch and release, if it isn't a improvement to your current survivors ;)
    That's not my survivor, just got the screen shot from someone else. Sure this one is no Epic or Legendary, but it shows that it is possible to get level 20 ...
    Ummm no it doesnt, lol it was probably a promo pic or a survivor from the prenerf episode mission. No one is getting survivors from calls that hit 20 yet
    It actually does "show" it, though it doesn't prove it. :smile: I'll try to get a proof later.
    @Necroboogie

Here are more screenshots:

I know, still no hard proof, would be possible to photoshop everything. But these are obviously no promo pictures, and the guys from the story missions are all uncommon. He already has two of the max level 20 Uncommons from those missions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @eetu has implied that level 20 max survivors have not been released into the game's playing field yet. Unless I've misunderstood the response received in another post about this pic of a leggie I found on NG's FB page that @eetu posted here .

mcbkhicksggbats
  • mcbkhicksmcbkhicks Member Posts: 686
    wel i got most all lvl 19 here is a pic of my 2 leg shooters i got this weekend & my hunter that are lvl 19
  • EmperorJeffEmperorJeff Member Posts: 1
    Hey! For what it's worth, I am the one that pulled the Level 20 survivor posted above. It was x5 radio call last night at the end of the event.

Not sure how to convince people it's not photo shopped, but here's my lame story:
    1. I'm technologically ignorant, and I wouldn't have the first idea how. I had to get my teenage daughters just to combine two pictures of my son into one picture for me.
    2. If I was going to photo shop it, I would have made a legendary hunter. Something worth bragging about.

If someone can explain to me what to do to prove it's real, I'm happy to do it. Just remember #1 above - I am technologically challenged. Maybe one of the NG staff can check my account and confirm it.

Sadly - I made 36 x15 calls and only got one legendary.... a bruiser. I'll trade my level 20 rare for a level 19 hunter if anyone wants it:)
    theRealBender