Lock guilds during challenges and enable pending transactions ASAP

Comments

• irishmobirishmob Member Posts: 482
    Instead of completely locking all guilds. Can the leaders/elders have the option of locking their guild? So when a weekly challenge starts up it's to that guild if they want to lock the guild or not? That way not every guild has to be penalized because of what the top guilds want.
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    The reason for mandatory locking is to prevent guilds from abusing the system. It is only applicable to guilds that join the event (in other games).
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    edited December 2015
    savvy guilds will simply claim all rewards THEN kick.

Hence the locking of the tier rewards until the guild reaches enough stars for the next tier, as well as removing the stars of the player that was kicked/left.
    JRDman
  • JRDmanJRDman Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2015
    @Necroboogie In that case, that works as well. :blush:

However, it wouldn't prevent guild jumpers from joining multiple guilds during said event to gain multiple guild rewards.
    Lol hence the locking of players from joining another guild while event is ongoing. If they haven't joined or been kicked from a guild players would be able to join a guild during an event.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Thanks for the suggestion @JRDman !
    It would be if you couldn't kick a player during event
    Generally if someone is not in a guild at the end of an event, they do not get the reward - so the reward they would have earned before they were kicked would be lost to them. Too much of a hassle im sure to keep track of all these players and rewards...
    And if rewards are given at the end, a system needs to be in place where people are again not guild hopping trying to collect the rewards from multiple guilds - has happened in other games.
    ?? Ditto you said nothing about the player who was kicked getting rewards from the participation they had while in the guild event ( if any). just distributing guild rewards at the end of event - which like I said generally precludes people not in a guild when event ends...

Basically if a guild leader isn't being nice and accepts/Kicks 100 people during an event im sure it'll be a drain on game resources, especially if others are doing it also. (extreme but people do stuff)
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    The problem with guild locking is it is a limitation. Why limit players in any way?

We have 2 members who have yet to earn stars this challenge, but both did so last challenge.

There are still over 3 days to go in the challenge and I want to give them time/a chance, However, if they are still inactive in a day or two and I have not heard for them, I do not want to be prevented from recruiting new members to help our guild with our goals.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    irishmob
  • OldGothOldGoth Member Posts: 297
    Thanks for bringing this up. Looking into it.
    WastelandDanjureforjustice
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    @WastelandDan as for my idea of players only being able to be in one Guild per challenge.

That's going to punish the player,

What about when someone quits a guild in the middle of the challenge? Then the guild is punished.

If a player can only be in one guild be challenge that will encourage them to contribute more, so they don't worry about getting kicked out.

If they do get kicked out they can still do the weekly challenge and think about why they were banished and to find a more accommodating guild and try better next time.

And the guild doesn't get punished.

@Shenon and the others that have brought up this small percentage of players doing the majority of supporting Next Games, the game has been down loaded millions of times, and while many are F2P, I seriously doubt that small % of players you mentioned are 90% of the income.

I for one have put my fair share of KALAKUKKO, MUSTIKKAPIIRAKKA, and LOHIKEITTO on their tables.

@Teeceezy the term casual player gets used a lot. For myself and my guild I prefer, "relaxed."

This doesn't mean we are not competitive. We want to count ourselves among the best. We strive to better our score each week and while I can not speak for the entire guild, many of us are on as often as we can, which for me is almost every waking moment I am not working.

However, I am just not going to kick some one out to better our score just because they are not earning 150 Stars plus or because "Guild so-and-so" is ahead of us and we need more stars. But, yes there are those that do that. But they really are not #1 .

As others have suggested, why not just have the stars a member has contributed, be removed from the guild, if he or she quits or is banished. They will also be prevented from adding those stars to a new guild.

Let's say a player earned the 120 Stars reward in one guild and then leaves and joins a new guild, they would not earn new rewards until the next tier was earned in this case 163 stars. And the new guild would only get stars earned after the 120 Star mark as well.

I am also glad the term Level Playing Field has been brought up, how is one group having 2, 3, 4 or more guilds a Level playing field? People are asking for fairness. Is that really fair? Really?

@OldGoth when you guys look into it, I hope that you are looking into all the thoughts, options, suggestions that the community has proposed to address this topic.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    edited December 2015

KALAKUKKO, MUSTIKKAPIIRAKKA, and LOHIKEITTO

Nice one Slayer. :joy:

I'll be passing on all of these comments and I'm sure no hasty decisions will be made. So no stress, just keep the thoughts coming. :)

Oh and as for "casual", "relaxed", or "hardcore" players, it's obviously not a binary situation. Players may at some times be more active and vocal where as other times they may take things more relaxed, and for this and many other reasons we'll always take everyone into account.

• DonCoquiDonCoqui Member Posts: 586
    @WastelandDan so where r the photos/screencaps? Let's c ur guild membership.
    Staying plugged in w/ the forum for a good dose of daily entertainment .
    "You wanna impress me? You take the wheel for a little while mofo." --Eddie Murphy, Delirious
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    @WastelandDan
    Every type of player has the right to say his opinion. You are not a godlike forum control mechanism.

And keep in mind:
    Top10 are only a few players, nothing representative.

you are not important. Iam not important. We are all the same. Please no god complexes because of good results... maybe i have a wrong feeling, than iam sorry. But your need to have everytime and in every thread the last word combined with your need to force your opinion is really annoying.
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
    irishmob
  • pullfrontpullfront Member Posts: 156
    edited December 2015
    @WastelandDan I think @ShAd is referring to your vehement conviction that you're always right and everyone else has to be wrong to evidence it. Whilst off topic, people should stop bringing up Soco's roster, I believe it's been evidenced that they aren't cycling and even if they were it's within the rules of the game.

On topic, all this locking etc. gets complex quickly.

I think the game as it stands is a beautiful thing. I also think cycling members is a technically permissible though dishonorable strategy.

To avoid it's complete abuse putting a simple cap on it will still allow the practice but also
    allow people to get rid of inactive who sabotage the guild.

Allow guilds 3 member exchanges per week. If they abuse that to cycle - that's on their conscious and hopefully they get stuck with a dud.
    Thank you all for making this game so fun!
    shAdthecolty
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    Must be urgently implemented, it is disheartening to see teams up eight positions in the ranking using member swap. You strive to recruit good players, you encourage them to fight and get good amounts of stars, you are dedicated to keeping the group together, there's nothing pops up a guild doing guild swap, overcomes you and your players get discouraged because they are in a guild playing the right way (morally speaking).
    Increasingly this competition is getting discouraging, is member swap, exploit, etc ... The lack of actions aimed at preventing such practices by NG is causing many players see this game like so many others out there who do not care about a healthy competitive environment.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    irishmob
  • JenJen Member Posts: 74
    Lock the guilds!
    <b class="Bold">Jenny (Ullr)
    Email/GroupMe: [email protected]</b>

<blockquote class="Quote"><b class="Bold"> elder/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS </b></blockquote>
  • Smokin_Joe_BlowSmokin_Joe_Blow Member Posts: 97
    I agree that something needs to be done and would be in favor of locking guilds over the current system. See my suggestion on how to get rid of the disadvantages of locking guilds and the advantages of cycling players here. forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/1386/idea-for-fair-guild-competition#latest
    Jen
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Member Posts: 92
    Alternatively, they could track individual and guild stars separately (well, more so than they do now). That way, when you move between guilds, your individual stars only count for your challenges; the guild counter only goes up when you earn stars in the guild. When you leave a guild, that guild's star counter should not decrease; likewise, joining a guild does not increase it's star count by your individual star count. Guild star count only goes up when a member earns stars.

That shouldn't be too hard to do technically, but may require a new column in the database, if it doesn't already exist, along with the code modifications.
    I like Zombies!
    Thirteen
  • JenJen Member Posts: 74
    @PapaSmurf This will cause more guild shifting because people will kick out members once they reach what is perceived as their likely maximum. I think most of you are really not aware of what is going on. There are guilds who will kick members out once they reach a near maximum number. It is already happening. We recruited a new member a couple of weeks back who was kicked out of a guild so a new person could be added to accumulate more stars. All of your suggestions will increase this guild shifting. You cannot have stars accumulating with people moving around. It's really that simple. To the moderators of this forum--If NG continues to be silent on this issue, it is obvious that you do not care about a competitive environment and many of us in the top guilds will quit playing. We are fed up! Lock the guilds! @Teeceezy @TK-421 @Overwatcher
    <b class="Bold">Jenny (Ullr)
    Email/GroupMe: [email protected]</b>

<blockquote class="Quote"><b class="Bold"> elder/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS </b></blockquote>
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    PapaSmurf said:

Alternatively, they could track individual and guild stars separately (well, more so than they do now). That way, when you move between guilds, your individual stars only count for your challenges; the guild counter only goes up when you earn stars in the guild. When you leave a guild, that guild's star counter should not decrease; likewise, joining a guild does not increase it's star count by your individual star count. Guild star count only goes up when a member earns stars.

That shouldn't be too hard to do technically, but may require a new column in the database, if it doesn't already exist, along with the code modifications.

uhhhmmm.. isn't the system like this now? it's like you're saying, they should not change the system..
This discussion has been closed.