I found this on the last page of General discussion. Just a cool Old Post

I wonder if the other commenters have quit the game? The only one I recognized was DarkFae .

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/7/new-here-introduce-yourself#latest
TheLostOnesggbats

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @creativeusername

Wow it seems like I made that post decades ago. Seems a shame that the Mods decided that an introduce yourself thread should be closed and not stickied. DangerousCurves is no longer around either. I closed it down because game changes were chasing me out of the front door along with several of my members/friends. No one wanted to take it over either so now it's gone.
    creativeusername
    I think I've seen @TransmuteJun around still but many players have been chased away from NML by all that strange "game glitches" that keep showing up and setting back our game progress and/or taking away stuff that players have earned by playing the game which tends to piss most people off and happen too frequently.

Just the other day when I finished the mission that lets you rescue a survivor in The Factory Episode. I received the option to place the Rare the shooter that I found on my team. Which is fine and expected but when I tried to say no and send her on her way because the 4 shooters I already have were better the game kept crashing on me and not allowing me to dismiss her. I felt like next games were trying to force me to retire one of my better survivors and force me to have a weaker survivor on my team. I also felt like I was being picked on personally because crap like this keeps happening to me over and over again and I didn't find one epic/legendary survivor during the last increased chance event so it really felt like someone was making an effort to rub salt in the wound more than another badly timed and mysteriously coincidental game glitch. I didn't even report it because I figured out a way to fix it myself and thank goodness because complaining about problems here only leads to experiencing more problems latter so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. This is exactly why I closed my guild and just another example of why so many people leave the game.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,990
    Yeah, I'm here. I'm an old timer in the sense that I've been playing this game with my husband since about mid-October (shortly after it was released). Even though it's been less than a year, there have been a lot of changes to the game during this time. Some good, some bad. I just try to roll with it, because I like the game. I'm not super competitive with stars and I don't do outposts, so I'm just trying to improve my camp, gear and survivors mostly. I enjoy the game enough that I'm still playing.

That being said, while I've been screwed on survivor pulls and rewards, I never suffered a rollback, so my perspective is a bit different from those who have. I know I would feel horribly hurt and betrayed if such a thing were to happen, and that might be enough to get me to drop the game.
    ggbats
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Wow - nice find.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    creativeusername
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @DarkFae It's just been closed since it was an age-old thread. Great to see you're still around. :)
    creativeusername
    @TransmuteJun I had 4 rollbacks. From my perspective, the rollback itself was pretty horrible. But sometimes shit happens and I could have gotten past that but the way it was handled was worse than the rollbacks themselves. The response time was atrocious and the compensation was all over the place. Completely unfair and seemingly based on how much you spent on the game and how much you complained. Oh and player level.
    Thank You @Teeceezy
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    @DarkFae I've been playing since November. This event was the first time I got a legendary. It was a scout :( I'm frustrated with this because of all the people who have tons of legendaries - they even have a few to spare for the outposts. So I hear ya. But to not even get an epic? Yeah that stinks. Another one of my guild members got 4 out of 15 calls. The "randomness" of this game is quite skewed.

[Deleted User]ggbats
    @SenoiaSurvivor I really hope that the radio update which "changes the way we search" will put an end to getting classes we do not want.
    [Deleted User]TheLostOnesggbatsSlickRick
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,990
    masmith93 said:

@TransmuteJun I had 4 rollbacks. From my perspective, the rollback itself was pretty horrible. But sometimes shit happens and I could have gotten past that but the way it was handled was worse than the rollbacks themselves. The response time was atrocious and the compensation was all over the place. Completely unfair and seemingly based on how much you spent on the game and how much you complained. Oh and player level.

I completely understand. I would be fuming too!

Out of curiosity, did they ever determine what caused the rollbacks?
    @TransmuteJun I'm sure they did, but they didn't share it publically. IT types think they scaled too quickly with outposts.
  • creativeusernamecreativeusername Member Posts: 87
    When I proof read this comment below, it sort of sounded like I was being mean. I'm not going to delete it but to all the folks that commented here I wasn't trying to be cruel to anyone I just wanted to pass out some daisies hugs and rainbows...
    ;) o:) B)
    We should probably try to refocus our energy here. Setting aside the occasional ego that I'm sure exists I get the feeling that these developers/staff are nice folks. It's usually someone in a nicer office than you that makes the decisions the people complain about and you just have to listen to the crap for it. The OP reminded me that seven months ago James and Joonas started their little Adventure here on the next games forum. We were all low-level players and so there were many new challenges and rewards to keep everyone happy.

I didn't get anything from the weekend event either. My guess was just that there was some sort of professional game developer psychologist that warned them to be stingy with Rewards. The constant hope for better Rewards is the only thing that keeps high-level players interested?? All in all I just play to pass the time. Spent a couple of dollars on the fresh survivor bundle just to be a good sport but beyond that the game doesn't cost me anything. I got my first legendary shooter for this time around on Wednesday before the event. Still, the last time around the only legendary that I had was a scout until Level 30-something when I finally got shooter and assault. I restarted the game from scratch a few months ago. I'm coming up to level 34 in a few hours. I might end up restarting again. The first week when your best Survivor is a scout is a little frustrating. But there doesn't seem to be any exciting content or reward after episode 7.
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    @creativeusername I agree. I play for fun to to get my TWD fix. You gotta roll with the tide. I have my frustrations but it's just a game. I think the thing with some of us longer term players is that the game has stalled for us so looking for new ways to play. The outposts and new challenges help so they have done well in that respect- but then frustration when you can't get what you need to do the new thing.

If you look back to what the game was in October to what it is now it's actually pretty impressive.

All the developers I have had direct contact with are super nice.

I think what they need to understand is that we express frustration because we LIKE this game! In some ways it's a compliment. We want to keep playing - other wise we wouldn't expend the energy trying to connect with the Devs - we would just ditch the game. Take the other TWD game (can't think of the name). No one even bothers with it - play it, don't like it - ditch it.
    With this game there is so many ways to involve yourself - the gaming itself, the guilds, this forum - people stay because of the opportunity to be a part of a community and to add their own mark on the game.
    Sure there are things we would change or fix but when I look back at the game from when I started to now there are tons of changes that were gamer suggested. Where else do you get that opportunity? No other game I've ever played does that.

ggbatscreativeusername[Deleted User]
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    edited May 2016
  • Wow, cool flashback. Especially the part about the crazy homemaker who started a guild @DarkFae
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]