Question about forum rules on foul language.

ShoogShoog Member Posts: 18
Since I could never get any type of help from a forum moderator when sending them private messages :/ , I'll guess I'll ask here. What are the forum rules on foul language or word/filter dodging on the forum? Is it reportable/bannable? I understand this is a Mature rated game but I'm just wanting to know what's allowed and not allowed on these forums since the forum rules page didn't specify (unless I somehow overlooked it). I belong to other forums for other Mature rated games but they are pretty strict with that type of stuff and it's not allowed so you always have to make sure you follow their rules or else. Thank you for any help given!

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @Shoog I've never been edited for foul language. I've been edited and told to keep it 'clean' but that of course is subjective.

What are your concerns? Generally people get banned for being toxic or hate speech or specifically targeting another player. However, being 'toxic' is again, subjective.

There was a language filter in the game which was removed after a few weeks due to blacklash (my assumption).
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    Shouldn't be any rules. It's the friggin' apocalypse.
    masmith93lmfgunnutSlickRick
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    @jester friggin? Really? You can do better.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • I was banned for expressing my opinion with no foul language or verbage directed at anyone in particular. However if you express your unhappiness with NG's ability to give you satisfaction they consider you toxic and your out.
    Damn, did it again. Oh well.
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,141
    Oh.. I'm still worried about the chances to be banned for my self celebration of the capybara milestones...
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/9017/5000-stars-for-capi
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    I was raised to treat people in business or friendship how one would like to be treated.

No comment.
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    In my experience, people get in trouble when they approach forums with the attitude "it's just the internet; it's not like real people are involved so I don't have to act in a civilized person".

Well, real people are involved so treat everyone here the way you would like to be treated and you should be okay.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    Aargh. Me maties. Swab my poop deck.
    [Deleted User]SlickRick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I find that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
  • ShoogShoog Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2016
    Thank you for the replies. I hope I'm not necroing my thread by posting this late (I apologize if so); been srsly busy with college this month. From what I gather from the replies, it seems that these forums are a bit more laid back compared to other forums that I belong too and def not as strict. :)
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Unless you derail a thread. That is bad.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

creativeusernamemasmith93
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    what's more important is "attitude". Some people are used to saying bad words as just an expression.. like WTF! its just an expression.. But some people, although they dont say bad words, they are still mean to other people. Toxic. I think this is why the rules dont specify which words are toxic and which are not. You can say bad words without being toxic.. and you can also be toxic without saying any bad words. It all comes down to attitude, how you say something, or how you react to something is what will define if you are being toxic or not. i think,,,