Dumb question

drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
I see lots of mention of body shots and critical hits in the forum posts which I only just found. But haven't seen anything definitive which covers what determine when you will get a body shot or a head / critical shot, I hear some mention of level differences controlling it. Then a bruiser will always get critical if someone already stunned?

Is every class the same or does critical damage change per class?

Finally what does a critical mean? A certain percentage or random?
Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder

Comments

• PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    Nothing dumb about this question, I can't answer all of it, but wouldn't mind getting the answers myself.
    - body shot: my understanding is that this is a non-critical, reduced damage shot, that will occur 100% of the time when the walkers are 3+ (4?) lvls above your team.
    --- how much reduction?
    --- chances of getting a body shot when lvls below the critical limit? 5% ? It appears to be 0% with low lvl walkers and climbing when the reach your team's lvl.
    - critical shot: my impression is that each class has a different handling/ability
    --- my bellieve is that critical is around 150% of the regular damage, plus whatever the weapon does (possibly 120-200% in total)
    - generally: all shots are somewhat random, better yet, all damage is random within certain parameters
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • WeishenWeishen Member Posts: 59
    In my opinion u have more chances to do critical hit becoz of the distance and where u shoot, in the bsck, in front, or sides...
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    Critical damage and body shot, both have a percentage chance. As the level gap between your survivor and the target zombie gets higher, the percentage chance also gets higher. If your survivor got higher level than the zombie, critical chance got higher too. If zombie level is higher than your survivor level, bodyshot gets higher too.

• drinkydrinky Member Posts: 414
    Great thanks guys
    Lev 58. Rick Rollers Elder
  • shAdshAd Member Posts: 268
    If i use e.g. the hunters ability (guranted crit) on a 4lvl higher Walker...what happens? Body shot and crit together? And whats with e.g. 60% more crit DMG trait, does that than apply to the body shot as well? Or is the guranted crit converted in a body shot?
    Very proud first officer of "<a hred="http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/27/dead-angels#latest">Dead Angels</a>"
    Its either critical, bodyshot or normal damage.. it cant be both.. if a charge ability ensures critical damage, then its critical damage. But its not a sure kill especially if the walker has more hp than your critical damage. And 60% more crit damage means additional 60% to critical damage only. If it fires a body shot or normal damage, then there is no 60% additional damage..

Logically, "+60% crit damage" should mean "base damage + (X+60)% critical damage".. if X is 50 then it will become +110% crit dmg. That's what i think. Im not really testing it because the base damage is also unpredictable.. there is the weapon base damage and the survivor base damage. And the total of these two has a +/- 5% to 10% bracket.

This discussion has been closed.