Possible to Farm Completed Missions?

I completed all the episodes except the last two in Nightmare mode. Is there any way I can go back and farm them? If not this event is useless and a cash grab.

Comments

• LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @theteacherchris You anyway can't farm in story missions for the event, as double XP are granted for XP missions only and thus you are able to farm in these XP exploration missions in your open episodes.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    edited May 2016
    @Lightfeet I've been farming story mission 9-3 earning 130-140 xp per kill in hard mode all morning.

Double xp isn't only in xp explorer missions. Anywhere there's a Walker killed you get double xp (except the walls I believe)

* I should add you can only farm a story mission you haven't completed yet. I purposely haven't completed 7-4 or 9-3 beyond the original mode.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    zosonDonCoqui
  • limeyjohnlimeyjohn Member Posts: 215
    There is always the good old car crash to farm for points, if you have more patience that me that is
    zoson
    @DLich That's contrary to all official statements, but good to know! I'm going to test it in 9-3 nightmare later on.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    I think only the XP CRATES in XP MISSIONS are doubled. But walker kills seem to be doubled no matter what type of mission you run. ALL walker kills are doubled, even at the walls.
    TheLostOnes
    Farming 9-3 as we speak. 130-140 xp for level 13 and 14 Walker kills. Story mode gives double xp for kills :smile:

• theteacherchristheteacherchris Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2016
    so then can someone tell me why this is a good event?

Stay in mission longer to get more kills.
    SPEND MORE GOLD HEALING

Do more Exploration missions to get more xp
    SPEND MORE GOLD ON GAS
    @DLich 160 & 170 XP per kill in 9-3 nm with lvl16/17 walkers.

Thx for the hint! ;)
    I just feel like I am being 'punished' for completing the story missions. Mods care to comment? Why not unlock, even in nightmare for farming purposes?
    SgtSalami
  • ErykEryk Member Posts: 30
    I wasn't designed to be for farming if ya want to farm don't complete the mission. If ya wanted to sit for hours repeating the same motion, should have not completed all your missions. Pretty sure one you completed episode 1 you would have realized that that area is complete. On you if you didn't get that before episode 9
    whats the point of the stories missions then? All this was pre outpost, pre guild.....why lock at all?
    SgtSalami
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    Confirming that wall walkers also give double xp. Had a few that gave ~5,000 XP. I assume that makes them level 231. So I'm impressed with that pregnant sniper I have in the tower.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @theteacherchris, I have also completed all the story missions except the 12 and 13 in nightmare. I still farm XP and run deadlies on both 12 and 13 all the time. I would run supply missions as well but my camp is maxed as are my 8.9m supplies so no need there. Are you saying you don't see farm missions on 12 and 13 open for you?
    no @NCDawgFan the missions to farm xm, supplies, and deadlies are there. just with the increasing walker difficulty it stinks
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    I can't think of a good reason to close the story missions after Nightmare mode. These are the most fun & interesting missions. They also allow me to play longer for the gas cost.
    Has anyone figured out why they're closed to repeat play? In fact, why can't we repeat them in any difficulty mode we want?

@Teeceezy @eetu
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.
    MadPuppyCapleton
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 550
    DLich said:

Farming 9-3 as we speak. 130-140 xp for level 13 and 14 Walker kills. Story mode gives double xp for kills :smile:

So how do you exit wo/closing the mission for future use? Flee?

DLich
    @sborg yes flee. You won't get chests but you will retain any xp earned from walkers killed. Fleeing allows you to redo it again and again.

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    it says you have to leave a survivor behind. That survivor just winds up in the hospital for an hour or two.
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166

Confirming that wall walkers also give double xp. Had a few that gave ~5,000 XP. I assume that makes them level 231. So I'm impressed with that pregnant sniper I have in the tower.

Hasn't she had that kid yet?
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166

I can't think of a good reason to close the story missions after Nightmare mode. These are the most fun & interesting missions. They also allow me to play longer for the gas cost.

Has anyone figured out why they're closed to repeat play? In fact, why can't we repeat them in any difficulty mode we want?

@Teeceezy @eetu

Some of them give specific reward on completion:
    a particular survivor class, or a weapon associated with a particular survivor class.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Ok so after being completed the first time they don't give such one-time rewards anymore. This is Game Design 101.
    * I put "hero" and "heroes" in quotes for a reason.
    ** Still on a spending boycott of equipment and gas booster and gold.