Survivor frustration

After calling over 300 times before the radio tent upgrade, paying for radios and making over 30 15-radio calls, plus too many to count using 1 and 5 radios at a time, I still haven't stumbled on a legendary survivor. My frustration level with this game is at an all-time high. I'm at level 34, have quite a few epic characters (one assault with 17 possible max stars), but a legendary eludes me. Has anyone else had such bad luck?

It might be time to take a break and let my frustration cool a bit!
DTP leader
Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
[Deleted User]

Comments

• javajnkiejavajnkie Member Posts: 554
    The epic assault character has a max level of 17, not a max of 17 stars. Sorry, I'm so frustrated I can't type straight. :)
    DTP leader
    Disturbing the Peace = the answer to the most common question asked by new guild mates.
    Looking for a great guild family? Email [email protected] or drop me a line here to join!
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2015
    I feel your frustration, bro. I had the luck to pick a lvl 13 legendary Bruiser somewhat early in the game, and then for weeks: NOTHING, but rare. I got lucky during the higher drop-rate weekend and got 2 more legendary. Otherwise, I'd be going berserk by now...
    It really is like playing the lottery, a little better odds, but not much... :tired_face:

But don't get too frustrated, you can do the challenges just fine with Epic survivors, the diference is really not that much. I find it important to get survivors that have a high max lvl, ie I can safely invest into them and keep them around for a long time. Only rare survivors on the other hand... Grrrrr.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    You're not alone. 2/3 of members in my guild have yet to get a legendary survivor. At some point your RNG luck will work in your favor, and you'll get at least one.
  • I'm a level 34 and I've only gotten Epics (blue) if I had some of theses other crews with 8 Legend and 2 Epics I'd be owning this place.
  • NieGoleBobraNieGoleBobra Member Posts: 27
    200 radios and LAST call of 15 gave me legendary shooter max lvl 18. I`m lvl 38 and this is my first leg
  • SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    I got one legend in mid November on either a 1 or 5 radio call, but I didn't know the radio tent affects their max level so she was only max level 11. It was great at the time but useless now (she's dead anyway). I've gotten 2 epic hunters, one epic shooter, one epic assault and I don't know if I got any epic scouts or bruiser I never use them
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    I feel your pain. the RNG can be finicky and usually is.
    Just keep trying, eventually you'll get one. who knows? maybe two or three!

The great thing about numbers and averages....it always evens out in the end.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    The law of of averages says it should even out, but I'm at level 39 and have made too many calls to count. I've now pulled exactly one legendary survivor--a scout. I have to assume that the players with entire teams of legendary survivors exploited the radio/air plane mode thing before the radio tent came into existence. Telling myself that helps with the frustration, at least.
    DTP leader
    TUCO
  • WeishenWeishen Member Posts: 59
    Hi bro, i understand your frustration. They should put a system when use 100 or 1000 radios you have 50% chance to get a legendary.
    I still dont understand why they dont put the percentzge of having legendary,epic ...
    I got my first 31 december...
  • TheSheriffTheSheriff Member Posts: 76
    There used to be an airplane?
    TUCO
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Your frustration is very understandable. Hang in there, you will get them!

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    I never got an airplane @TheSheriff Now I am frustrated too! And I didn't know you could exploit the radio tower. I would be full of planes, legendarys and epics if only I had known!
    Felecia
    @javajnkie - do you use 15 radio calls? With the upgrade it's nearly impossible to drop a legendary unless you use 15 radios. When I first started a got a legendary hunter with 1 radio and a legendary assault with 5. Now I only use 1 radio calls if I am just wanting XP.
    Felecia
    edited January 2016
    the airplane exploit still exists.
    I just pulled this beauty.
    javajnkieTheSheriff
    PS:

for those pming me and begging me to share the exploit so you can be pr0 too....
    please, look at the picture...really look at it...and think really hard.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    You mean people look at that and think.........?

Jeez! :s
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    Slogans for "Delta."

1984 Delta Is Ready When You Are

1984 Delta Gets You There

1987 We Love to Fly and It Shows

1992 Ready When You Are

1994 You’ll Love the Way We Fly

1997 On Top of the World

2005 Good Goes Around

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!
    TheSheriff
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    My only legendary survivor is a scout that max at level 12.. how is that for a legend?!

Felecia said:

@javajnkie - do you use 15 radio calls? With the upgrade it's nearly impossible to drop a legendary unless you use 15 radios. When I first started a got a legendary hunter with 1 radio and a legendary assault with 5. Now I only use 1 radio calls if I am just wanting XP.

Every time. I have teams full of epics, but legendaries aside from my scout still elude me. It doesn't change how I play much (I'll finish nightmare mode without them at this rate), so only I was just venting frustration.

P.s. @dread Loving Delta. Please say no one really pm'd you about that. :neutral:
    DTP leader
    edited January 2016
    @javajnkie , not one but two, one of them a magnitude of times in fact... demanding answers lol, he just never seemed to get it.

Dread said:

@javajnkie , not one but two, one of them a magnitude of times in fact... demanding answers lol, he just never seemed to get it.

You must be so proud of yourself Dread.
    For what? my epic photoshop skills? o.0
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    I got two legendary in my first week..scout and bruiser. Then nothing till last week and got a hunter. Had no epic at all till a few days ago. Only use x15 call outs now.
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • KyoKyo Member Posts: 26
    It must be a hard balancing act for the developers, not wanting to devalue the legendary survivors too quickly. Seen this problem in all games of this type that I played. Frustrating at times!
  • EzyEzy Member Posts: 84
    I feel your pain man... I'm lvl 40 and I did about 3 maybe 4 calls per day, since the last week and nothing! After that event in mid December, I did a large calls with maybe 160 radios, and alli got is a bunch of Epic...
  • I've only spent around $100 so maybe I'm not worthy enough. :(
  • I'm currently at 34 and my council is in progress so I may be at 35 any hour now.
  • TK-421TK-421 Member Posts: 416
    Dread said:

the airplane exploit still exists.
    I just pulled this beauty.

Made my day!
    @Dread - but the Delta legendary's gun only shoots peanuts.
    Felecia
    javajnkie
    @TK-421 I'm glad my warped sense of humor had a pleasant side-effect!

@Felecia yea, but it's all the peanuts you can eat!
This discussion has been closed.