Luck

Luck provides a bonus to various attributes. So, a few questions:

1. If you have luck on a weapon, does it provide an increase to the two other attributes on the weapon, or just one? Say crit damage and increase to damage at the same time.

2. Will the luck on the weapon provide the bonus to the attributes on the survivor and the armor was well?

3. If you have luck on both a weapon and armor , will the luck be cumulative? And to all the attributes on all three (survivor, weapon, and armor)?

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    All of the above.
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    edited March 2016
    Dodge and Lucky can occur during an interaction based on a survivors traits while being slapped by a Tank walker for example. You will see these traits pop up as the words right near your interaction. For the survivor those two for example are DEFENSIVE and dont add with others. The OFFENSIVE TRAIT LUCKY is on the weapon as YOU attack, Lucky will appear also during that shot if you hit the % and it boosts your attack on that strike to a higher kill than otherwise on any other comparable walker you shoot. They always die when it says lucky on a shot.

• LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    That is why luck is so powerful and a favorite trait among many players.
    Boruto
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    If you have say a hunter with gold dodge and luck traits (legendary) then a weapon with gold luck and armor with gold dodge , that hunter will have 60% chance of dodging any attack. Luck stacks with Dodge , crits, swift strike , defence, offence, does not stack with wrestler, retaliate, concussion , or any weapon arc or bore traits. Only one I'm uncertain of is interrupt ..

The cool thing I've found since learning all this is an epic survivor can be just as good or better than a legendary if they have gold luck .
    ggbats
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    Japes87 said:

If you have say a hunter with gold dodge and luck traits (legendary) then a weapon with gold luck and armor with gold dodge , that hunter will have 60% chance of dodging any attack. Luck stacks with Dodge , crits, swift strike , defence, offence, does not stack with wrestler, retaliate, concussion , or any weapon arc or bore traits. Only one I'm uncertain of is interrupt ..

The cool thing I've found since learning all this is an epic survivor can be just as good or better than a legendary if they have gold luck .

Just a Statistic here... you are right I have 18 Survivors, 4 are LEGENDARY and 2 have gold Lucky, 13 are Epic with only one having Gold Lucky, and I have one Rare sitting there.

Japes87
  • msufanmsufan Member Posts: 4
    If a survivor dodges an attack, will it still use retaliate?
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Luck does not affect %damage. Only chance rolls.
    BorutoSlickRickgabriel_lwh
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    Haha thanks for re-opening up this thread.
    I've learned about how powerful luck is from other threads.
    SlickRick
  • JVC_TWDJVC_TWD Member Posts: 496
    @msufan no it won't. Retaliate happens only when the survivor takes damage
    ggbats
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @zoson

You must have read my brain fart post in the other thread lol...I edited it so I wouldn't confuse anyone else...maybe I should pay more attention when I post :)

Btw out of curiosity do you like Luck the best overall out of all the traits? If we've gone over this before just ban me because my brain isn't functioning right...all the XP and upgrades might be getting to me :)
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,745
    edited May 2016
    @SlickRick , the forum and the forum users have a lot of useful information, that's the main reason for the stay on topic rule so that the useful information can be easily seen by users instead of being buried in the post under chatter that can be handled by a PM Re: retaliate and dodge thread.

There are great posts by @zoson , regarding ideal traits for each class and gear and how you don't need legendary characters.
    @zbot

Yeah I was just trying to pick his brain...did I do something wrong that I'm not aware of? The post is titled Luck and I was asking him what he felt about it...I guess I'm confused
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,745
    @SlickRick , all good.

IMHO gold luck is the best trait.

Gold luck and gold dodge is a perfect legendary.
    SlickRickLadyAquilaT_12
  • BorutoBoruto Member Posts: 1,118
    @zbot

Thanks for your opinion.
    I also have come to realize that gold luck is best trait.
    Cool.
    SlickRick
    @zbot

Yeah I saw your post in the other thread so that made more sense...can't argue because we were off topic...we weren't trying to be toxic fyi...a lot of us just get along good and it kind of devolved into funny banter and such...but point taken!!

Thanks for the input...most of this was just trying to help @Boruto see the light about Luck and how helpful it can be with several other traits...I think he's got it now haha!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    Luck and Dodge are important and I go out of way to find it also:

SlickRickzoson
    @DarkFae

Nice looking group and great traits!! Btw Quinton looks like Fidel Castro to me :)
    [Deleted User]TheLostOnes
    @SlickRick

Thanks I don't even have all of them maxed and half of them are obsolete already though.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    @SlickRick Yup, I consider luck to be the most powerful trait. It's the only one that gives you more than one effect.
    SlickRick[Deleted User]
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Dang, @DarkFae! Love your Lucky Legendary lineup!
    @LadyAquila

Thank You :)