Do you really like the changes in challenges?

SistersOfDaryl_GagaSistersOfDaryl_Gaga Member Posts: 164
I startet a poll some days ago, but only asked for the schedule, which was my fault. So now I try it again. PLUS: I give you more possible answers!

Do you really like the changes in challenges? 94 votes

YES! Everything is fine.
5%
NoggerJippelblynknzEL34xyziced1979Reeconn 5 votes
YES! I see some disadvantages, but it's worth it.
17%
AmigazosonAnnette578gabriel_lwhtembelPlayOrangUtanDegreaserJamesRankaPimpOfTheDeadvicky3434theblueboxAzBewbsCrazyDMystiqueSpringChicken 16 votes
Neither YES or No! I like the schedule, but too much fuel, too many missions, too little rewards, ...
56%
TrolgletratonNeil_JdrglowLoewe1968DrBOBDeadBeatLabyrinthBill_ZRTSpipmanLadyAquilajustinHMFCTheWalkingHeadAvalon8ggbatsHittenyouoff2masmith93Scout67Sipher07ronatron 53 votes
No! I want the old system back asap!
13%
TransmuteJunz3r0d4z3Tapatio75IRONDeeblaher86ZombieHunterInvaderPenny_Eva_3630snarfbothighacneeldazBooofDeewes 13 votes
No! But I don't want the old schedule. I explain it...
7%
spartan912Leon_UKMikewarriorDivus101NCDawgFanFurginatorSRX 7 votes
theRealBenderLightfeetJulialicious

Comments

• Tam8Tam8 Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2016
    Neither YES or No! I like the schedule, but too much fuel, too many missions, too little rewards, ...
    With outposts came a new drain of gas. In that regard we asked for was an adaption of challenges, so that still doing Mission would be possible. We got the opposite.

I think there is no other way than increasing the rewards by an extraordinary amount (no, not just relative adjustments), so that that you have an valuable choice between getting better rewards (gearing up) or enhancing in missions.

tbh I give a serious copulation act on benefitial changes for endgamers only.

Edit: typo.
  • SistersOfDaryl_GagaSistersOfDaryl_Gaga Member Posts: 164
    I had a seminar about constructive criticism yesterday.

I totally LOVE the new schedule. Maybe it would improve the game experience even more if

- players could start with a reasonable bonus according to their level. So maybe with Level 10 walkers when already having Level 18 survivors. The other stars could be awarded for free. I also appreciate if we could choose difficulty of the next challenge an be awarded 3, 6 or 9 stars. That would reduce the number of easy peasy levels which are just fun killers.
    - reward scheme stays as it is, but starts with 400 and increases by 200 (and not 100). That would result in more rewards and more motivation.
    Julialiciousmikelben
  • mikelbenmikelben Member Posts: 11
    I think Gaga' s idea would make the game more interesting for those, who think about stop playing, because they are frustrated because of the first lower and easy levels. Think about it, it's really a good idea.
    JulialiciousSistersOfDaryl_Gaga
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Let the player set the starting difficult level starting every week and increase trade good escalation to 2000-3000. I think we like the slope of the increase in difficulty but the starting point is too low it takes forever for people to get to a Meaningful reward level. Nobody plays challenges for empty stars or measly early trade goods.
    JulialiciousSistersOfDaryl_Gaga
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    I barely got 100 stars this time, too boring and time consuming for the "great" rewards we got
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    Now that the break is here, I wish I had a challenge to play. The TGs really need to be addressed.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    TheLostOnesSpringChickenSlickRick
  • BooofBooof Member Posts: 2
    I liked the old way better, more trade crates. Before The thought of 6k in trade crates a week kept me going. Now its just soooo boring, and unrewarding i wont even bother next week.
    z3r0d4z3
  • SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    I played a lot when there was 1 challenge originally...I played a lot when there were 2 challenges...I play a lot now with 1 challenge...I'm sensing a pattern
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    CrazyDPR0DJSpringChickenTheLostOnes
  • CrazyDCrazyD Member Posts: 456
    @SlickRick

Very good of you to see the pattern... Im still not seeing this pattern personally..... But i get the sense that people in my personal environment do see it... :p

Hmmm im probably in denial, just like to play this game cause of the basics: story, setup, guilds, tv show connection. Challenge is just way to play the game for me. Oops gotta go I see an intervention forming here...
    (Re)tired
    SlickRick
  • FurginatorFurginator Member Posts: 97
    I want the old system back but I only want one 3 day challenge. I could help my guild to hit my max on stars and then use the remainder of my time/gas on advancing my individual goals.
  • MikewarriorMikewarrior Member Posts: 28
    It's gone from daily avgs of 70 stars a day over 7 days to 70 stars a day over 5 days, I liked 6 day challenges one day off, at least keep same jump in lvl of 2 per week challenge, currently way way too many missions, You went overkill trying to get players to buy lots more gas, but enough gas will be bought making the changes above,instead of pis sing people off,;) Thanks;)
    SistersOfDaryl_GagaKozdramaJulialicious
  • AzBewbsAzBewbs Member Posts: 159
    It's all good just ride the wave. Nothing is perfect.
    Totally agree @Mikewarrior.

Too many missions that are absolutely not challenging at all. :disappointed:
    Julialicious
  • JulialiciousJulialicious Member Posts: 193
    edited May 2016
    The one and only challenge we have now, is: - who can buy the most fuel in 5 days!!! O_o Great challenge.... :(
    Julia - "the puppet master - the secret leader of the council!!!" =D

Retired Leader of Sisters Family

PR0DJtheRealBenderCapleton
  • SpringChickenSpringChicken Member Posts: 145
    I like having some time during the week to do other things in the game (story missions and raiding) since I spend most of my gas and time on challenges when they are active. Playing these other missions on the weekends has made the game more enjoyable for me, as it introduces variety that I didn't get when I spent all my time playing challenges before. I would be happy if the challenge break (two days) was scheduled at a different time (or stays the same).

Wish the rewards were adjusted to be more on par with the rewards in the old system (I mean that doing the one longer challenge could allow players to get close to the same rewards as when playing two challenges per week previously... I realize this is probably not going to happen, but my guild mates are disappointed by the lower tgs).
  • CapletonCapleton Member Posts: 441
    If there weren't all those broken maps with the possibility of earning infinite stars the new schedule would be fine.
    And I understand that it's hard to find a way to make it challenging from the start for high level players and not frustrating for beginners and mid-level players. But I hope that will be adjusted somehow too.
    Moriturus te salutat

Found his home in Asylum
    Too many low end missions that waste gas and
    Have crappy rewards. Once a week challenge is fine but allow us to escalate faster so we don't grind
    SgtSalamiJulialicious
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Being retired and having more free time than most, I liked the old 2 challenge schedule myself. I am fine with the new 1 challenge/5 day schedule (except for the increase in boring missions until the 20+ level walkers/saviors arrive), but I just cannot understand why NG excluded Saturday and Sunday from the 5 day schedule. The majority of folks work Monday to Friday so the current schedule is perplexing to say the least. I would like to have been in the room when this decision was debated to hear why these days were selected.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @NCDawgFan Agreed buddy, on all points.
    I'm retired, like you, but medically enforced so 5 days is no problem, but I don't get how they arrived at the conclusion of cutting the challenge when most people actually have more time to play.....
    Mystifying!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • z3r0d4z3z3r0d4z3 Member Posts: 80
    I want the old schedule, or at least a comprimise.
    Have the challenges on the weekend.
    Allot of service members have leave, civilians have the day off from work, young adults don't have school etc.
    We can rack up stars and chat together when we all have the free time.
    However when we just have a few minutes to spare before lights out we can play the story missions. Thats my suggestion.
    Semper Fi
    ***open to everyone***
    'leathernecks'
    Uncle Sam's misguided children
    you know who you are.
    Semper Fi

• PimpOfTheDeadPimpOfTheDead Member Posts: 654
    @NCDawgFan I agree that as much as I like time off from challenges due to work, it would be nice if the challenge carried through the weekend for ppl to either get a head start or catch up & pick 2 of the weekdays as the break days
  • BowChickaWowBowChickaWow Member Posts: 19
    I would like to not be forced to open the challenge rewards. Let me open them when I want them
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 578
    I am so so bored doing these low level missions for no little reward. NG needs to enable people to start at higher levels, especially if they have high level camps and survivors. The super high gas costs of the interesting high level missions is also frustrating. Why should the gas cost of the mission change that much if at all? I like having the two days off, but don't care when they are.

I hope that the improvements in 1.9 help with my interest level because my interest is waning....
    These lower level grind missions really are annoying especially since they cost quite a bit of gas but for rewards that don't scale as fast as the past creating opportunity cost that is high. Also it tips things in favor of scrappy grind players
    I'm playing the third "new" challenge now. I think two days off is better than I thought.

But these annoying first 10 rounds, sorry thats a real fun killer. And if I understand the reactions of the player community right, that's what most people think.

Maybe the developers can find a good solution for this biggest problem of the game currently.

I'm so much annoyed, I would pay for skipping 10 levels per mission and don't want any reward, just give me the stars.
    SgtSalamiJulialicious