Outpost duplicate attacks and Gear value

My apologies if these topics have been covered already under other threads, but I didn't see any threads talking about either of these so figured I'd stick this out here.

I've been content for the most part with the Outpost format but I notice two disturbing trends. One is that it gets to a point, when you reach about 5000 crates or so, that you can actually lose more than you gain if all you do is wait on new crates to appear rather than attacking other Outposts for extra crates. I think this part was by design, but it does make it difficult when you have to spend hundreds of crates just to find a suitable opponent with enough crates to justify attacking and will most likely have your attackers injured to the point you have to wait an hour before attacking again. However, this isn't my main gripe with the Outpost. That is reserved for the insanity that is the multiple attacks and loss of crates and reputation points with hours of each other without getting a shield up to protect after the first attack. Just this morning I was attacked 3:48:00 hours/minutes ago and lost 16 reputation and 496 crates. That's fine since I was at 4960 crates, so it was expected. However then I was attacked 01:50:00 hours/minutes ago and lost another 6 reputation and another 496 crates. This would have been bad enough, but then I was attacked a third time 01:19:00 hours/minutes ago and again lost 6 reputation and 496 crates. And only then did the shield go up and I'm protected from more attacks for 8 hours. Shouldn't I have lost less crates on each subsequent attack and in reality shouldn't I have had a shield up after that first attack??? The real kicker to it all was that the last two attacks were by the same exact opponent. How is this even possible much less fair ?? There is definitely something fundamentally wrong with the game or at least the Outpost system that allows this. I'm at the point when I need 7000+ crates for every upgrade, but at this rate I'll never catch up enough to be able to upgrade my Outpost. Serious flaw in the game if you ask me.

The other item I take issue with is the value of gear after having spent hundreds of thousands of experience points to upgrade equipment. I eventually upgrade to new items, but the value returned for the upgraded items doesn't match what I put into it. I just upgraded a rifle to level 20 and spent 900,000 experience, never mind the previous 525K and 700K I spent to get it upgraded prior. If I go to scrap that item, it's only worth 21+K ?? Seriously? I get that you won't get as much value back as you put in, but even the retirement of characters gets me a good portion of the XP back if I've spent on upgrading them. Why isn't gear the same way ? It's almost not worth the time and effort to upgrade items because I might as well just wait for new items to drop instead. I've worked hard to keep my camp and characters upgraded, but I feel like I'm losing to the tide and taking 3-4 steps back after every step forward, which is very demoralizing.

I've enjoyed the game thus far as I said at the beginning, but given these obvious defects and the fact that there's no sign of relief coming, I'm not sure how long it'll hold my interest. I hope the developers take notice and are working to remedy these issues. /rant off

-Hawkshand

Comments

• SlickRickSlickRick Posts: 2,731
    @Hawkshand

I know you're new here and both your points are extremely valid...but both of these points have been covered countless times fyi.

They are aware about the Outposts shield being broken and it's being looked at...no timetable on any fix.

The XP economy has been screwed up for a long time and gear scrapping returns are at or near the top of the list...NG is also aware of this and is supposed to be addressed sometime in a update...no exact timetable on this either but supposedly should be in the next month or so.

This forum is a great place for info so you should stick around...and best wishes!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    TheLostOnes
  • HawkshandHawkshand Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the quick response @SlickRick and again apologies for repeating covered topics. I'm looking forward to seeing them get addressed and enjoying countless hours more of gameplay! :)

-Hawkshand
    SlickRick
    @Hawkshand

You're welcome and no worries!! There's so many threads it's hard to know at first...these 2 are obviously major points of contention for many so yeah hopefully they'll be addressed sooner than later :)

If you ever have any questions just ask...there are many good people on here willing to help that have been playing forever...you can also PM me anytime if you prefer!

Good luck with your gaming!!
    You better check yo self before you wreck yo self...cuz I'm bad for your health, I come real stealth
    TheLostOnesMovadoDale
  • TheLostOnesTheLostOnes Member Posts: 3,030
    edited May 2016
    There are many very nice and helpful senior players on this forum and @SlickRick is certainly one of the finest examples. Welcome to the forum @Hawkshand.
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    SlickRickAnnette578lmfgunnut
    @TheLostOnes

"Senior"...I'm only 38 dagnabbit! Haha thanks buddy...and I have my moments...as long as people are "logical" I'm all good...it's when they stray I have issues :)

But you are great on the board too!! Luckily the vast majority on here are friendly and very helpful!!
    TheLostOnesAnnette578
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Just curious, did you log-in only after you were raided 3 times consecutively?
    To this site, yes. I have been raided two times on multiple occasions but those were usually within an hour of each other and it's happened maybe a dozen times since I started playing, so I was chalking it up to bad luck. This was the first time it happened three times in a row and with multiple hours in between. I didn't really know where to go to even look it up until I googled and came across this site. I feel better tho knowing i'm not the only one seeing this kind of behavior.

Thanks for responding. It's nice to know there's fellow gamers out there willing to help or lend an ear to bend. heh
    SlickRickAnnette578
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Oh I didn't mean the site/forum, I meant logging into game. Was just wondering if you had logged and/or activating shield inbetween the 3 raids versus logging after and seeing 3 consecutive raids.
  • @Hawkshand if you report this in-game, you can get some compensation
    @Movado It all happened overnight and I had logged in in the morning and discovered it. That's usually how it worked where I got double-dipped. lol

@JudithG I'll see if I can report from within the game. it'd be nice to get some of those crates I've lost back. :)

Thanks!
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Hawkshand said:

Just this morning I was attacked 3:48:00 hours/minutes ago and lost 16 reputation and 496 crates. That's fine since I was at 4960 crates, so it was expected. However then I was attacked 01:50:00 hours/minutes ago and lost another 6 reputation and another 496 crates. This would have been bad enough, but then I was attacked a third time 01:19:00 hours/minutes ago and again lost 6 reputation and 496 crates. And only then did the shield go up and I'm protected from more attacks for 8 hours. Shouldn't I have lost less crates on each subsequent attack and in reality shouldn't I have had a shield up after that first attack???

You have an excellent point.

Mathematically, three attacks should look like this:

Attack 1: Start with 4960 crates. Lose 496. End with 4464.
    Attack 2: Start with 4464 crates. Lose 446. End with 4018.
    Attack 3: Start with 4018 crates. Lose 401. End with 3617.

That fact that you lost 496 crates each time implies that somewhere there is a database that says you have 4960 crates and that database was not updated after each attack. And, since the database wasn't updating registering that an attack occurred, the shield didn't go up.

• SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    @Dale

Yea, I think none of that gets registered until the next log-in (TG, shields). It might be NG's way of encouraging people to wake up in middle of the night just to log-in to their game? That would be such a tragic comedy....lol
  • DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    I'm not sure that I ever log out. Is there a logout button somewhere that I'm missing. I don't log in. But, when I did the routine to switch from one device to another, it worked. When I got raided last night, the shield was still actual when I woke up.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    edited May 2016
    I tested a theory in which I entered an explorer mission and once the characters started I force closed the app and came back a few hours later.

My thinking was that if I was in a mission, and not idle in my camp while the game wasn't being played I wouldn't get hit in my outpost.

Well after a week of testing this yesterday I finished the mission after logging back in, once I chose my crates and got back to camp it alerted me my outpost was attacked an hour before.

So the only thing that prevents you from being attacked is having the app open and playing it.

There was one time I was making dinner. Selecting which explorer mission to play (on the explorer mission select screen for act 11) and I went "idle". Came back 30 minutes later (app was open still) and refreshed and saw I was attacked. So even if it's open and idle still warrants getting attacked.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'