When will I...

start pulling epic or leg gear higher than level 15? I can't even remember the last time I pulled leg gear, but I know it wasn't higher than 14 b/c I'M STILL USING THEM!!!

I'm level 44 with my top nine leg/epic survivors @ level 18/19. Aside from the less important buildings being a level or two behind, my camp is maxed.

I'm asking b/c I was told my pulls would get better as I level up - that was at least four levels ago. I want to start pulling 7,500 tg again but will not until I see improvements in gear drops.

My 18s desperately need better gear. At this point, my survivors are better off throwing rocks while using cardboard armor and garbage can lids for protection.

... before someone suggests, I not about to spend any money on packages until NG straightens out the game.
ggbatstembeljt41[Deleted User]

Comments

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    Improve player level. Improve your camp. You are very far from a maxed camp in terms of supplies. Don't go all the way though, when you find the spot where you were getting the gear of the level you want stop upgrading Pulling level 20 gear is just as frustrating
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Vintage_Bull
    I assume you were talking about from trade good chests, since Mission rewards are based on recommended level.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Vintage_Bull
  • Vintage_BullVintage_Bull Member Posts: 214
    Thanks @lmfgunnut and you're right about me being very far in terms of supplies. I'm about 5,353637245 away from joining the 8,912335678 club.

Yes. I see trade goods as my only hope at this point.

My pulls are absolutely laughable at rec. mission levels. Deadlies? Fuhgeddaboudit. Useless for equipment drops unles I want to equip rares.

Main reason I bring this up is b/c I'm constantly seeing other players, who have lower player levels, pulling higher level equipment than me. I haven't seen an epic/rare equipment improvement since breaking level 40.

I understand upgrading the "entire" camp - open mouth and insert gun. Working on maxing supplies now. I guess I'll upgrade my hospital after that.
    jt41
  • LightfeetLightfeet Member Posts: 1,062
    @Vintage_Bull

You first of all need to upgrade all buildings (incl. Outpost and walker pit) to be entitled to join the 8.96 million club and thus you're far more away from getting part of the club than you think. (current max. lvl is 52) ;)
    Vintage_Bull
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 223
    I think there are two issues here. Yes, @Vintage_Bull still has room to upgrade but it sounds like he/she is just having bad luck on pulling weapons/armor at the higher level. I am lvl 45 and don't have a maxed out camp but I still pull epic and leg weapons/armor at lvl 15 and above. It definitely seems less frequent than in the past but I do get them through gold chest bought with tgs and gold chest from exploration missions. You can also try buying Epic goods at 3.5k tgs because you get more chances to pull something useful.
    Vintage_Bull
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    I agree with @DCNats, I'm level 44, almost level 45. I don't have any level 18 hunters, but received level 16 base legendary and epic eq with gold dodge a while ago. I upgraded by workshop before the event last weekend so I could upgrade them. I also have level 17 & 18 base eq.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    Vintage_Bull
  • SmittYSmittY Member Posts: 372
    edited May 2016
    I get level 17 and 18 gear Leg and Epic. Still some 16 at times. @Vintage_Bull l you need to get this:

edited May 2016
    Maxing out your workshop probably helps but mine is lvl 14 and I have pulled multiple epic and leg weapons/armor at lvl 15 and above. For example, I have pulled at least 13 leg and epic assault rifles and 16 shooter handguns at lvl 15 and above. I don't know if it is just luck or if @vintage_bull is doing something that minimizes his/her chances. There was a period where I was using all my tgs to buy epic gear at 3500 tgs and I got a lot of gear through that route.
    masmith93Vintage_Bull
    I don't know if it is player level or workshop level but we have a level 44 saying they get higher level gear I would shoot for that.

52 is too far for gear from crates. Before the last Council upgrade I was getting level appropriate gear for 17 and 18. I believe I was level 49. Level 52 gets you gear for 19 and 20

Vintage_Bull
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    edited May 2016
    NG has some tweaking to do so that pulls make sense for your player level & Story Mission level. But generally all the pros giving you input in this thread are correct according to my experience. Also, as the devs have said, Epic & Legendary stuff aren't supposed to be easy to get. (That's what money is for :D
    Back from 2016 :p
    Vintage_Bullggbats
    Careful with the sarcasm @Lightfeet. I'm no noobie. I'm actually a honorary member to the 50+ club who has some very powerful level 52 friends who owe me favors. I put in work (checkout my profile pic) ;)

@DCNats First, you hit the nail on the head regarding my issue and why I'm confused with how others with lower levels are pulling higher gear than me. I've bought 7,500 & 3,500 tg in the past. All low level stuff. I won't waste anymore tg on them until I see some balanced pulls - I do pull the 500 tg regularly. Second, if I was a she, my name would be Vintage Cow. A bull is an intact (i.e., not castrated) adult male of the species Bos taurus (cattle). The female counterpart to a bull is a cow. Third, if your name means what I think it does, this Yankee fan would like to know, "How do you think Harper will look wearing the pinstripes in '18?" :p

@masmith93 You're on point as always B)

@SmittY, @DCNats and @all_contributors, just to give you an idea - My council and TG are maxed @ 17. My WS is maxed @ 15. Radio Tower is maxed @ 8. All five farms are level 9. All storage and car are one level from max. Hospital and tents, meh. Levels 7 & 5.

@theRealBender I don't want to leave you out. I'm not new to this game. I started playing in Dec (been on top 50 teams since I started) and am all too familiar with the game's $$ situation - I have no comment. I made a promise and I don't want a mod edit this time. o:)

I could have bad luck, or possibly doing something wrong (not sure what that can be), but I truly think NG has coded my game to get rid of me. jk NG. I think :#
    masmith93theRealBenderSlickRick[Deleted User]
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    I'm not maxed
    Council 17
    WS 14
    TG 17
    RT 7

So it seems that I should not have higher armor than you. I still pull some lower level stuff but maybe I just got lucky in the eq area. Now if it wasn't for sweet revenge, I would screwed on guns. I have no scouts but do have a level 16 base legendary axe and a lvl 17 rare knive (makes NO sense).
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • theRealBendertheRealBender Member Posts: 1,251
    Forgot to add that when i was lvl 44 I wasn't pulling higher than 15 epic/legendary either.
    Back from 2016 :p
    Thanks @masmith93 and @theRealBender

Maybe it's bad luck and I'm expecting too much at level 44.

50/50 isn't bad. I have decent luck calling leg and epic survivors and junk when it comes to equipment.

I do realize I wouldn't have this issue if I purchase the weapon packages - just can't bring myself to do it yet.
    [Deleted User]ggbats
    @TheMurphy I'm not too sure what you mean when you say "DON'T BE MAD"

Who's mad? Not me.... Yet.

Also, WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS?

If you're typing in caps to "chat yell", pm me instead. If not, I have no idea what your point is. Player level? I get it. We established that 30 minutes before your post.
    @TheMurphy Your first post came through. That's the one I initially replied to. It was your second one that, until a few minutes ago, didn't. The forum is really acting buggy tonight.

Your first one came off a little awkward. I like your second one much better. I still don't get the caps thing though...

Thanks for the player level / gear level info. Good to know.

I'm well aware of the direction and outcome of this "game". As I have mentioned in other threads, I quit this game at least once every three weeks. Kidding, but not.

I'm not playing to be the best survivor in the world - fortunately for me, it's just to end up that way.
  • LadyAquilaLadyAquila Member Posts: 625
    Thanks @TheMurphy and @lmfgunnut for the keys to the gear kingdom! Level 49 will get me the level 18 gear that I need. With only one more farm plot to upgrade to level 10, I'm getting close to that level now.
    edited May 2016
    I think it is clear that as a general matter, the higher the player lvl, the more likely it is that you will pull higher lvl weapons/armor. I don't think that anyone is disputing that. But I think @Vintage_Bull 's point is that for the level his is at, he seems to be pulling lower than anticipated weapons/armor. Myself and @masmith93 are both around his level and it seems we have both been able to pull weapons and armor consistently above what he pulls. Are we pulling lvl 18 legendary and epic equipment like a lvl 52 player, no but we are pulling base lvl 15 and 16 epic and legendary. This is just anecdotal evidence from two players that are similarly situated to @Vintage_Bull but either she and I are on the extremely lucky side and he is the norm or we are the norm and he is extremely unlucky. Either way there is a disconnect. I just commented to assure him that there are players out there who are not experiencing the same thing as he is and hopefully it will change for him.

With respect to Harper, we'll see. After the Strasburg extension, I am more optimistic that the Nats will keep him The Lerners certainly have the money to do it if they want. I don't know if the pinstripes have the allure that they used to but if we only get 3 more MVP-caliber seasons out of him, I will still be happy.
    [Deleted User]
    @DCNats Last couple of weeks I wouldn't have cried if we sold Harper. I will of course sing a different tune once he finds his swing again. My son goes with me to game (we have half season tickets) and at two years old I have him yelling "Go Bryce!". Of course he doesn't know who Bryce is, he yells the same thing for Murphy and Zim...

@lmfgunnut lol, does he yell "Go Bryce" for Murph and Zim? It will be tough on him if Bryce leaves just as he is starting to understand who he is. I have a seven year old and I had to explain why Desmond, Span and Zimmerman left this year. He was not happy.
    @DCNats I'm pretty sure he thinks the team is called Bryce. But he looks super cute in his Harper jersey. I would like someone to explain to me why they left as well. Revere is starting to be ok, but Span (old he may be) was on base at a ridiculous rate, which is what we pay a lead off batter to do isn't it? Plus...damnit...I have a Span jersey because I thought he was awesome.

Scherzer is of course the reason for all of those departures. I'm always torn on him being worth it. He is amazing at times, but he also leads the league in HR's given up.

@lmfgunnut I don't blame Scherzer. The way they structured his contract with all the deferred payments, it cuts the annual contract value in half. You are basically paying him Jeff Samardzija/Scott Kazmir money. He can definitely be maddening at times but other than the Werth playoff walkoff in 2012, Scherzer has already produced some of the greatest moments in Nats history in just over a year.

I think Desmond was a no brainer based on his production fall off and shaky defense. He has rebounded nicely for Texas but the Nats couldn't give him a muli-year deal at his age, production lvl and with Trea Turner in the wings. JZ seemed like the one they would keep but I think he made the decision to leave. He basically took the same money or slightly less than the Nats had offered before the end of last year. We loved Span and I hoped he would stay. I think age and health were another factor for him plus they seem high on Taylor although I am not sure he will ever hit for an enough average. Revere will be close to Span's lvls now that he is shaking off the rust.
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @DCNats just got to player lvl 45 yest at player lvl 44 I pulled leg and epic gear on deadleys and supply's lvl 16 to 18 I pulled rare and uncommon and common from lvl 16 to 19 most [email protected] on the 500 gold TG crates I pulled leg gear lvl 15 to 17 most 15 @16 the rare usually 16 to 18 I always pull the 500 gold crates because I get alot of supply's and xp and don't wanta spend 7500 TG on leg scout crap I pretty much accepted until I upgrade my camp the gear from the 500 good crates is insta scrap but what I don't get is there seems to be no rhyme or reason on the side missions there all lvl 19 recommended so I'm pretty sure that's why I get the lvl 18and 19 gear it seems the leg and epic is most of the time lower lvl which makes no sense to me that the gear sought after the most and when we finally pull it it's low lvl more times than not but the rare --- common gear comes usable lvls and above on the same mission I'm lvl up my camp asap hoping to raise the lvls on the 500tg pulls because that def seems to be the determining factor for that gear. It's disheartening to pull a leg weapon great traits but lvl 16 then two missions later pull lvl 18 leg scout crap seems they would fix that.
    @Ovidmikel your experience sounds similar to mine which supports the idea that somehow @Vintage_Bull is getting the short straw. I agree that there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason but I do consistently pull lvl 18-20 uncommon/common gear and 15-17 leg and epic. @Vintage_Bull hopefully as you move up in player lvl, your pulls will start to improve because it seems like you are doing what the rest of us mid-40 lvl players are doing but getting different results.
    Ovidmikel
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Sadly I seem to be getting mostly supplies which are useless to me. When I do get gear ot is usually crappy rare gear or stuff for scouts snd bruisers (also useless to me). I do from time to time score legendary gear and pulled some base level 18 legendary shooter armor just last week. I'm with @Ovidmikel that wasting 7500 TG to get a base level 19 scout knife is much more infuriating than continually pulling supplies from 500 TG creates. Any route you take, it's a crap shoot at best.
    Ovidmikel
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    fwiw, I'll add my experience to this since I'm in subject group

Level 44, max council, gym, radio. Still growing tomatoes for shop upgrade. Of the rest, only car maxed. Have 1 survivor at 18.

Best I've pulled is 15/5 and 16/4 (several times each). This is from 500tg crates. Earlier this week, I did an epic crate just because, and got a 16/4, which I guess was 'guaranteed', but really no improvement over golden crate pulls.

By far my best pull was an 18/5 assault gun (with good traits even) but that was from a challenge mission a couple levels above my survivor level. That was a few weeks ago and I consider myself lucky on that one.

I track all trade shop crates, so not going by memory. Don't track every end of mission box though.
    Ovidmikel